ECT How is Paul's message different?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The only difference in that verse is the circumcised and the uncircumcised.

The gospel is the same.

There are not two gospels, never were, never will be.

Eph 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
Eph 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
Eph 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

LA

I'll let you take that up with Peter in Acts chapter 2 and with Paul in 1 Corinthians 15.

Why can you not handle a straightforward scripture like that.

Does it not agree with your two gospels , two churches, two hopes, false theory.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Do you believe that you need to be water baptized to be saved?

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
Act 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

Gal 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
Gal 1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Your choice.

LA

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
Act 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

Gal 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
Gal 1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Your choice.

LA

No it isn't. I asked you the question.

Shasta

Then explain Galatians 2 in relation to Acts 15 and your claim right here. There are only 500+ posts and no one has done it.

Calling me an "idiot" does nothing to advance your cause but it says a lot about you. Since you cannot have a civil, intelligent conversation I am not going to bother trying to prove anything to you.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
How one leaves this life having received salvation will determine his destination in heaven. Do you agree with that? That is the message Paul tries to convey and that is the essence of the gospel Jesus Preached.

This point has already been responded to and refuted with scripture.

Restating your position in different words does not count as a rational response.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Refuted?? By who? Where in any writings?

I demonstrated the context of Paul's writing and showed clearly the point he was making FROM scripture. Remember the post where I recommended that you read Paul's entire letter, ignoring the chapter splits and paragraph headings that modern bibles add?

I did that in response to your stating your unsupported personal opinion on what Paul meant. You now attempt to restate the exact same opinion as though it wasn't responded to the first time.

Cross Reference

I demonstrated the context of Paul's writing and showed clearly the point he was making FROM scripture. Remember the post where I recommended that you read Paul's entire letter, ignoring the chapter splits and paragraph headings that modern bibles add?

I did that in response to your stating your unsupported personal opinion on what Paul meant. You now attempt to restate the exact same opinion as though it wasn't responded to the first time.

Well, since you own such knowledge, it should be easy for you to demonstrate the context at anytime. Can you now do it using the same words you used before?

Jamie Gigliotti

True but that wasn't what you were saying, was it?

I mean, you can't believe that Satan is connected to God Spiritually (capital S). So I'm not sure how it's relevant.
That was my point. Believing the right things makes no matter If one's heart is in rebellion to God. The prodigal son, lived in rebellion, many know that God wants their hearts, but they would rather be their own Lords.

Jamie Gigliotti

Galatians 2:7-8 New King James Version (NKJV)

7 But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter
8 (for He who worked effectively in Peter for the apostleship to the circumcised also worked effectively in me toward the Gentiles),
"For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love." Galatians 5:6

There is only one Body of Christ, One Holy Spirit, One love shared by all. This whole argument is totally ridiculous!

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
"For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love." Galatians 5:6

There is only one Body of Christ, One Holy Spirit, One love shared by all. This whole argument is totally ridiculous!

Ridiculous?

Based on what?

Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it isn't there or that it isn't real, which has been the main thrust of my arguments throughout the thread.

I invite you to read through the conversation I've had with Turbosixx. I'll be happy to answer any direct question you want to ask that you don't feel I've sufficiently answered in that discussion.