ECT How is Paul's message different?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Paul's message is not different. Being the apostle to the Gentiles, his intended audience is different, in most of his letters, and also some mysteries the Lord clarified through Paul, but Paul's teachings are in keeping with and an expansion of the same teachings of the Lord Jesus, those things universal the Lord taught.

One problem people have is not differentiating the audience sometimes, like Matthew 24 being primarily teaching to a Jewish audience down the ages, about the time of Jacob's trouble. Also, Christ often spoke to Jews in Jewish terms the Gentile is likely oblivious to, would freely use references a Jew may understand He may not employ to a Gentile audience. But it is all the same gospel. All scripture is, as a matter of fact, "God breathed" by the Holy Spirit, the teachings of Paul the teachings of God, of Jesus Christ, by the Spirit of Christ. Of course, to say the teachings of Christ are different from the teachings of Christ makes no sense, nor is truth in scripture ever contradictory. Again, a most important aspect of scripture nuances is the question, "Who is the audience of the teaching?"

There are not multiple gospels, as some claim, rather truth expanded upon by Paul's ministry, as surely as scripture is an ongoing, unfolding revelation of God's dealings with Israel, first, then all mankind, through the gospel of the Lord Jesus.

Okay, very good.

Please read the thread, or at least the conversation between myself and Turbosixx so that you can catch up with what has already been gone over. That way we don't have to redo the whole conversation.

Thanks!

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Context == encouragement; encouragement with the reminder of the danger for poor performance in steadfastness.
I think that musterion was asking you what you think the danger is. What was Paul warning against?

My previous post sort of jumped the gun on musterion's point.

Sorry, musterion! I didn't mean to steal your thunder like that.

It really isn't complicated for the thinking student of the Bible to figure out, is it? One has to have an untoward agenda to believe it to be otherwise.

You can say that again! Very prescient comment there, something which, as time goes on, impresses and amazes me so much, how, the more you understand, the simpler the truth is; how, rather than confusion and grand debates, the entire Bible, in fact, fits together in an easily understood unity, once understood. And Lord knows there are agendas of the wicked one, wall-to-wall.

No, it's not really complicated as so many make it, and this rather people showing their confusion, lack of understanding often simpler truths. Great comment!

Matthew 7

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
You can say that again! Very prescient comment there, something which, as time goes on, impresses and amazes me so much, how, the more you understand, the simpler the truth is; how, rather than confusion and grand debates, the entire Bible, in fact, fits together in an easily understood unity, once understood. And Lord knows there are agendas of the wicked one, wall-to-wall.

No, it's not really complicated as so many make it, and this rather people showing their confusion, lack of understanding often simpler truths.

With this much of your comment, I completely agree!

Once you understand the overview, which itself is really simple, the details become easy.

Okay, very good.

Please read the thread, or at least the conversation between myself and Turbosixx so that you can catch up with what has already been gone over. That way we don't have to redo the whole conversation.

Thanks!

If I missed anything, I apologize, but I never read entire threads, where there are usually pages of vain, argumentative nothingness I don't find profitable to read, nor even find Christian. One can find much better complex fiction, by better writers, to entertain oneself, if you find such things entertaining. And, if you don't like my comments, it's a free country. You can, also, just move along, rather than try to tell me what I should or should not comment on.

Cross Reference

I think that musterion was asking you what you think the danger is. What was Paul warning against?

My previous post sort of jumped the gun on musterion's point.

Sorry, musterion! I didn't mean to steal your thunder like that.

And what was wrong with my answer? He wasn't warning against losing salvation but not being able to be included in the plans God has for those who keep his commandments.

The message is no different than found in Revelations 2 and 3. . . by Jesus Christ.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
And what was wrong with my answer? He wasn't warning against losing salvation but not being able to be included in the plans God has for those who keep his commandments.

The message is no different than found in Revelations 2 and 3. . . by Jesus Christ.

You didn't specify what the danger is.

And he never suggests a word about losing your salvation. He's making the same point he made in Galatians 5 when he said...

Galatians 5:2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.​

He's saying in THIS life. He's talking about sanctification, not salvation. Context is everything.

Resting in Him,
Clete

P.S Hey! You changed your post while I was responding to it! That's cheating.

Paul isn't saying you have to obey commandments, he says just the opposite! (Colossians 2:20-22)

Cross Reference

You didn't specify what the danger is.

And he never suggests a word about losing your salvation. He's making the same point he made in Galatians 5 when he said...

Galatians 5:2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.​

He's saying in THIS life. He's talking about sanctification, not salvation. Context is everything.

Resting in Him,
Clete

P.S Hey! You changed your post while I was responding to it! That's cheating.

Paul isn't saying you have to obey commandments, he says just the opposite! (Colossians 2:20-22)

What did Jesus say? What did Jesus command that everything hinges upon?

musterion

IIRC, CR is the one, several months back, who repeatedly denied that the mob fell down at Christ's Word because He said He is I AM. CR said it was just simply because they were surprised, or something.

If I remember wrongly, he can correct me. If I remember correctly, keep that in mind when dealing with him.