ECT How is Paul's message different?

john w

Hall of Fame
Sonny boy speaks of people getting re-water baptized but he is confused as usual. When I asked him to provide the Scriptures which speak of such an outrageous idea he provided nothing!

No, liar, you "argued:"

You quote many verses from the OT which you think are referring to baptism but not even one of them is called a baptism.

Show us any verse in the OT re. the concept of being raised from the dead, punk, that is "called resurrection."

john w

Hall of Fame
Sonny boy speaks of people getting re-water baptized but he is confused as usual. When I asked him to provide the Scriptures which speak of such an outrageous idea he provided nothing!

No, liar, you "argued:"

You quote many verses from the OT which you think are referring to baptism but not even one of them is called a baptism.

Show us any verse in the OT re. the concept of satisfactory sacrifice, by blood, punk, that is called "propitiation."

You may try to quote many verses from the OT which you think are referring to being raised from the dead, but not even one of them is called a "resurrection."

Show us, those words, "resurrection," "propitiation," in the OT.

And, you may be able to quote many verses from the OT which you think are referring to "called out ones/an assembly, but not even one of them is called a "church."

Show us the word "church," in the OT. And the word "resurrection,"propitiation," in the OT, Shugart, as asked.

Go ahead.

You're only "out," being the bible corrector that you are, is, "Well, this is a mistranslation..........."

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame

Go on record, Shugart, and assert that the concept of "baptism," via water, as we understand, has no basis/foundation, in the OT, and is a NT "ordinance. Explain why the Lord Jesus Christ submitted to baptism, and why Peter references "baptism," referring back to the OT, employing Noah.

Do the same with the concept/doctrine of being raised from the dead/resurrection, the concept/doctrine of satisfactory sacrifice by blood/propitiation.Provide the OT scriptures that "speak of such an outrageous idea"(your deceitful words).

GO AHEAD, Shugart. Show us where these concepts are "described" in the OT with the words "resurrection," "propitiation," you deceitful old man.

john w

Hall of Fame
Show us, you dementia ridden old man, where I even addressed the concept of " people getting re-water baptized." Go ahead, you deceitful old man. You know very well,as does the TOL audience, that I was addressing your made up assertion that baptisms were not sprinklings.

A sprinking is not a baptism.

And I gave you chapter, verse, disputing your assertion, of which you responded:

Which I addressed, and you changed the subject, and asserted something I never addressed, much less addressed.

KNOCK IT OFF SHUGART.

turbosixx

When were YOUR sins forgiven, turbosixx? When you heard the Gospel of Salvation or when you were formally dunked in the water?

If you can answer that to yourself, you will stop fighting with the word of God.

Is that how you determine truth? By looking within yourself? That doesn't surprise me.

I prefer to look at God's word to determine truth.

turbosixx

The Gentile Cornelius and his whole household of Gentiles received were already God fearing and doing right (as is required to be saved) and received because they now believed that Jesus cleans them of their sins and puts them in God.

But Peter says of their receiving the Holy Spirit that is was like "us" at the beginning. Who received it like Cornelius at the beginning?

Pentecost was the beginning.
Acts 1:1 In the first book, O Theophilus, I have dealt with all that Jesus began to do and teach, 2 until the day when he was taken up, after he had given commands through the Holy Spirit to the apostles whom he had chosen. 3 He presented himself alive to them after his suffering by many proofs, appearing to them during forty days and speaking about the kingdom of God.4 And while staying with them he ordered them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the promise of the Father, which, he said, “you heard from me; 5 for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.”

Who did the Holy Spirit fall on at Pentecost?
Acts 2:1 When the day of Pentecost arrived, they were all together in one place. 2 And suddenly there came from heaven a sound like a mighty rushing wind, and it filled the entire house where they were sitting. 3 And divided tongues as of fire appeared to them and rested on each one of them.
Acts 2:14 But Peter, standing with the eleven, lifted up his voice and addressed them: “Men of Judea and all who dwell in Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and give ear to my words.

Those who believed Peter, how did they get the Holy Spirit?
Acts 2:38 And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Jerry Shugart

Explain why the Lord Jesus Christ submitted to baptism

There is nothing which hints that He was re-water baptism. When are you going to finally provide evidence from the Scriptures which speak of anyone being re-water baptized, sonny boy?

Or will you finally admit that you just made it up?

john w

Hall of Fame
There is nothing which hints that He was re-water baptism. When are you going to finally provide evidence from the Scriptures which speak of anyone being re-water baptized, sonny boy?

Knock it off, you filthy liar Shugart, and stop misstating the argument I was addressing.

Show us, you dementia ridden old man, where I even addressed the concept of " people getting re-water baptized." Go ahead, you deceitful old man. You know very well,as does the TOL audience, that I was addressing your made up assertion that baptisms were not sprinklings.

A sprinking is not a baptism.

And I gave you chapter, verse, disputing your assertion, of which you responded:

Which I addressed, and you changed the subject, and asserted something I never addressed, much less addressed.

KNOCK IT OFF SHUGART.

Habitual liar, you "argued:"

You may try to quote many verses from the OT which you think are referring to satisfactory sacrifice, by blood, but not even one of them is called a propitiation.

Show us any verse in the OT re. the concept of satisfactory sacrifice, by blood, punk, that ]is called "propitiation."

You may try to quote many verses from the OT which you think are referring to being raised from the dead, but not even one of them is called a "resurrection."

Show us, those words, "resurrection," "propitiation," in the OT.

And, you may be able to quote many verses from the OT which you think are referring to "called out ones/an assembly, but not even one of them is called a "church."

Show us the word "church," in the OT. And the word "resurrection,"propitiation," in the OT, Shugart, as asked.

Go ahead.

You're only "out," being the bible corrector that you are, is, "Well, this is a mistranslation..........."

john w

Hall of Fame

Explain why the Lord Jesus Christ submitted to baptism-NOT re-water baptism, you punk.

Why not, sonny boy?

Go on record, punk, and assert, to all of TOL, that the concept of "baptism" is a "New Testament" "ordinance," "'doctrine," nowhere to be found in the OT. Go ahead, Nicky.

And, while you are at it, explain:

Matthew 3 KJV

11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance. but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

13 Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.

14 But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?

15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.

Go ahead, engager in sophistry, and deceit, and lay it out, as to why the Lord Jesus Christ submitted to this "baptism," which, according to you, on record, has no basis in the OT.

Go ahead, confused old man bible rejector/corrector. And give us your expounding, instead of quoting the men you worship.

3. 1 Peter 3 KJV

20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

Go ahead and delete the above passage, and spin it, old man, to "prove" that the concepts of divers washings, sprinklings, in the OT, were not "baptisms" in the NT, and that the concept of "baptism" is a NT doctrine, never before heard of, 'new," until John the B came. Go ahead.

Interplanner

Go on more, tell me more how you think you disproved me.

Only on emphasis. You brought up the Spirit as a sort of first indicator. It's a side-effect. The cause is that God justifies us through Christ. The absorption and embrace of that is what later brings the Spirit of God to work. Not a direct pursuit of the Spirit.

'When the Spirit comes, he will say nothing of himself; he will speak of Me.'--Christ

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Jews had their sin nature dealt with by doing the purification works.

Hebrews 9:10 They are only a matter of food and drink and various ceremonial washings--external regulations applying until the time of the new order.
I don't see any verse from the OT law that says one took a full on bath for remission of sin and called it a baptism.
Once again, you say things that either you cannot back up, or just contradict your own words in another post.

God's Truth

I don't see any verse from the OT law that says one took a full on bath for remission of sin and called it a baptism.
Once again, you say things that either you cannot back up, or just contradict your own words in another post.

From the Old Testament, which includes sprinkling of water and going over the body with a razor, and the sprinkling of blood. Both these types of "washings" are not the same as the Christian's water baptism, but they are still washings, baptisms.

The English version of the Bible uses one word, and that is baptism, but the Greek has many words for baptism. Here are the different words for baptism in Greek:

baptizo: to make over-whelmed (i.e. fully wet); used only (in the N.T.) of ceremonial ablution, espec. (tech.) of the ordinance of Chr. baptism:

baptisma: Baptisma means baptism consisting of processes of immersion, submersion and emergence and is used (1) of John's baptism (2) of Christian baptism;

baptismos: ablution (cerem. or Chr.): --washing, baptism. Baptismos, as distinct from baptisma (the ordinance), is used (1)of the ceremonial washing of articles.

Baptistes: a baptizer, as an epithet of Christ's forerunner:--Baptist. This word is used only of John the Baptist,

bapto: to overwhelm, i.e. cover wholly with a fluid; in the NT only in a qualified or special sense,

Please notice that the word "baptismos" is the only one that is about the Old Testament "ceremonial washings" of articles.

Baptismos is about the ceremonial washings of articles of the Old Testament. Hebrews 9:10 doesn't even say baptism, it say "ceremonial washings."

God bless all who truly want to be baptized and live according to His Way. The baptisms were about cleaning oneself, and that is about the baptism too that saves and gives the Holy Spirit.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
blah blah blah
Still not a single verse from the OT telling of anyone having a full on bath for the remission of sin and calling it baptism.
Why on earth would you say that baptism as a full on bath for the remission of sin was a ritual of the OT law, but unable to back it up by posting a verse from the OT that says that?
Because you just like to flap your jaw without thinking through what you say ....... again.