How does one search for past posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dust

Hi. I like the new TOL look, but I cannot find the search function. I'm looking for an old thread that I participated in, which I'm wanting to contribute new thoughts to.

dust

EMETH

Hi. I like the new TOL look, but I cannot find the search function. I'm looking for an old thread that I participated in, which I'm wanting to contribute new thoughts to.

dust

Click on your username in the post above and select the option "Find all posts by dust" you will be taken to a list of all your old posts.

Jambe

Hi, just poking my head in here to confirm that access to the search functions is based on post-count. I sent my first post in another thread only to have my post count show as "2", so I clicked my name and went to find my other posts only to have it show that I can't access that information.

This is jarringly in contrast with the practice at all other forums I've visited. At the very least, I think it'd be prudent to modify the site's FAQ with information about the search functions being post-count-restricted.

/edit: well, a quick look about produced the ALL NEW TOL membership options thread, which indicates that one must post fifty times and be a member for at least 14 days before gaining access to search functions. Maybe that could be stuck into the FAQ?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hi, just poking my head in here to confirm that access to the search functions is based on post-count. I sent my first post in another thread only to have my post count show as "2", so I clicked my name and went to find my other posts only to have it show that I can't access that information.

This is jarringly in contrast with the practice at all other forums I've visited. At the very least, I think it'd be prudent to modify the site's FAQ with information about the search functions being post-count-restricted.

/edit: well, a quick look about produced the ALL NEW TOL membership options thread, which indicates that one must post fifty times and be a member for at least 14 days before gaining access to search functions. Maybe that could be stuck into the FAQ?

Sounds like a good idea. :think:

Harvett

Yes very annoying. I too can not find an old thread via my old post.
50 post, will be hard when you have to spend 10 min looking all the time for your old replies.

HandyAtheist

I don't get it. So, in order to search, I have to have posted at least 50 messages? Strange. I'm not sure what problem that's supposed to solve.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Start a conversation with someone. They time goes by so much quicker :)

Jazkal

It's been a while since I've been here, and now I can't do searches any more.

What problem are they trying to fix with this requirement on posts needed before searching?

fool

Hall of Fame
One way to make alot of posts is to go to a thread where they're talking about how many posts they have and talk about how many posts you have.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Try google when prohibited by the 50 post count:

"your_search _terms site:www.theologyonline.com" (omit the quotes)

AMR

Status
Not open for further replies.