ECT How can there be a another Gospel based on Gal. 1:22 ? The faith Paul once destroy ?

dodge

The faith that he once tried to destroy was the teaching that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. Not long after Paul was converted on the Damascus road he preached the following message to the Jews:

"And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.....proving that this is the very Christ"
(Acts 9:20,22).​

When he preached that he was preaching the faith which he once tried to destroy. DUH!

At that time Paul had not yet received the gospel which he was to preach among the Gentiles. He wrote the following:

"But when God, who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not consult any man, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went immediately into Arabia and later returned to Damascus"
(Gal.1:15-17).

When Paul received a gospel from the Lord Jesus on the Damascus road he immediately went to Damascus (Acts 9:6-8). But when he received the gospel which he preached among the Gentiles he went immediately into Arabia. That can only mean that two different gospels were preached during the Acts period.

Of course these facts are WAY above your understanding since you think that at Luke 9:6 the Twelve were preaching salvation through the death of the Lord Jesus even though at that time they didn't even know that he was going to die! DUH!

Your lack of understanding of scripture is amazingly obtuse.

1. Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God

2. that he is the Son of God.....proving that this is the very Christ

They say the same thing Jerry but the errors you are in will not allow you to see or understand that.

No matter how you distort and change the word of God there is only one gospel. You are beginning to sound like " hath God said " ?

dodge

I'm beginning to believe that a certain IQ and an ability to comprehend language is essential in understanding the intricacies of the Bible. You fall a little short

You cannot fall because you never started.

It is clear to those who have not walked away form God to follow lies and deceptions that all MAD has is distortion, twisting, and taking scripture out of context. How very Roman Catholic of you PJ.

Interplanner

The faith that he once tried to destroy was the teaching that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. Not long after Paul was converted on the Damascus road he preached the following message to the Jews:

"And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.....proving that this is the very Christ"
(Acts 9:20,22).​

When he preached that he was preaching the faith which he once tried to destroy. DUH!

At that time Paul had not yet received the gospel which he was to preach among the Gentiles. He wrote the following:

"But when God, who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not consult any man, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went immediately into Arabia and later returned to Damascus"
(Gal.1:15-17).

When Paul received a gospel from the Lord Jesus on the Damascus road he immediately went to Damascus (Acts 9:6-8). But when he received the gospel which he preached among the Gentiles he went immediately into Arabia. That can only mean that two different gospels were preached during the Acts period.

Of course these facts are WAY above your understanding since you think that at Luke 9:6 the Twelve were preaching salvation through the death of the Lord Jesus even though at that time they didn't even know that he was going to die! DUH!

Yet God 'revealed his son to me' Jerry. There is only one. To listen to you, a person would think there were at least 3 different identities to the Son.

Your chronology is wrong, and your theology that 'Jesus is the Christ' is wrong because you would have to validate the zealot's Christ, and Jesus never did. He never offered a monarchy/zealot kingdom.

You listen to D'ism 1000x until your brain shuts off on these questions; that is why you can't see your assumptions.

Interplanner

There is only one piece of good news in the Bible? You poor lost soul

Why poor and lost? The richness of the Biblical Gospel is that it is once for all. It is the Gospel that was announced in advance to Abraham, Gal 3. It would have saved (preserved) 1st-century Israel (the nation) from the zealot rebellion if the people had listened in Christ's time. But even the disciples would not.

Jerry Shugart

They say the same thing Jerry but the errors you are in will not allow you to see or understand that.

According to your delusions the "good news" that the Lord Jesus died for our sins is the same "good news" that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God!

How can you pervert the Scriptures so bad and then live with yourself is beyond me. You are a person without a conscience!

No matter how you distort and change the word of God there is only one gospel. You are beginning to sound like " hath God said " ?

"But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter; (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles) And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision" (Gal.2:7-9).​

Interplanner

According to your delusions the "good news" that the Lord Jesus died for our sins is the same "good news" that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God!

How can you pervert the Scriptures so bad and then live with yourself is beyond me. You are a person without a conscience!

"But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter; (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles) And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision" (Gal.2:7-9).​

Because Christ is one, Jerry. Not only are you mistaken, you are straining to fling guilt on people who see something as unified as though we were talking about a double identity in which Christ was some pagan figure, it's that bad.

But go ahead, Jerry, you just ruin what's left of your credibility.

Your Greek grammar will tell you that your English-only understanding of the bold print above is flat wrong. There is one Gospel being preached to two groups, says the diagramming. The verse is followed by a similar structure about the 'power' that worked. The same power worked in both P&P. It was not two different powers.

Danoh

Because Christ is one, Jerry. Not only are you mistaken, you are straining to fling guilt on people who see something as unified as though we were talking about a double identity in which Christ was some pagan figure, it's that bad.

But go ahead, Jerry, you just ruin what's left of your credibility.

Your Greek grammar will tell you that your English-only understanding of the bold print above is flat wrong. There is one Gospel being preached to two groups, says the diagramming. The verse is followed by a similar structure about the 'power' that worked. The same power worked in both P&P. It was not two different powers.

Nope.

You're just as off.

It is one gospel - of Christ - two aspects.

One aspect that had been Prophesied since the world began.

Another aspect which had been Kept Secret (or A Mystery) since the world began.

Just as it turned out there are Two Aspects of His Prophesied Coming, and so on.

There is the Prophesied aspect's "but first" after which "that glory that should follow" and there is the Mystery's "but now" which temporarily interrupted said "glory that should follow" and neither is the other - anymore than His 1st Coming (Humiliation) is His 2nd (Glory that should follow).

One gospel of Christ - Two Aspects.

dodge

The "good news" of Christ that the Lord Jesus died for our sins is not the same "good news" of Christ that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.

The thing you will not see is "the Christ" ! Do you even have any idea what "Christ" means Jerry and the implications that the title carries ? Since Christ means anointed who anointed Him Jerry ? What does the title signify. You have made a difference that does not exist. They are the same Christ Jerry, the same gospel , the same and only Crucifixion, the same resurrection, and the same ascension. YOU have created in your error "2" distinct and different Christ !

You have as Paul said made and follow " another gospel".

dodge

Those who believe the gospel spoken of at 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 are saved.

Those who believe the gospel that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, are saved when they believe it (Jn.20:31;1 Jn.5:1-4).

They are believing the same thing Jerry that Christ was crucified and is ALIVE !

Same gospel Jerry because you add "believe " to both changes NOTHING they are the same gospel.

dodge

I see the Christ just fine.

The "good news" of Christ that the Lord Jesus died for our sins is not the same "good news" of Christ that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.

You have made a division in "CHRIST" that does NOT exist in scripture.

YOU do understand that there was,is, and will always be only ONE Christ.

Jesus could not have been the Christ if He had not been crucified for the payment of sin, and you are creating divisions that are NOT there.

They are the same because Christ was crucified and paid for the sins of those that would place their faith in "Christ".

The only two programs that exist now are the same that have always existed.

1.The saved trust Jesus the Christ.
2.The lost who reject that truth that Jesus is the Christ.

God's Truth

I have made a distinction between the "good news" of Christ.

You are so blind that you cannot even see the distinction.

The scriptures say Jesus filled the whole universe.

There is only one good news gospel to all.

To all who lived before in times past, to all who live now, and to all who will live in the future.

Ephesians 4:10 He who descended is the very one who ascended higher than all the heavens, in order to fill the whole universe.)

But you say no. You say Paul came along and changed what Jesus said and done.

Danoh

You are as bad as dodge. Can you really not tell the difference between the "good news" that the Lord Jesus died for our sins and the "good news" that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God?

According to you they are both the same good news of Christ!

Nope, that is your misread into my words there.

Together with your ever compulsive need to rule against anything that does not agree with one or another of your misreads :chuckle: