Honest Answers.

S-word

BANNED
Banned

So you agree with ClimateSanity, and admit that you are an arrogant and self aggrandizement person?

Thank you for your honest answer.

But because you now admit that you exaggerate and try to make yourself seem greater and more important than you really are, might I advise you to change your ways, take a good look at yourself, and accept yourself for who you really are, and stop this self admitted aggrandizement of yourself.

quip

BANNED
Banned
So you agree with ClimateSanity, and admit that you are an arrogant and self aggrandizement person?

Thank you for your honest answer.

But because you now admit that you exaggerate and try to make yourself seem greater and more important than you really are, might I advise you to change your ways, take a good look at yourself, and accept yourself for who you really are, and stop this self admitted aggrandizement of yourself.

Flawed logic. Though I agree that he is being honest (at least at the time) with his assessment, I didn't claim his assessment itself was correct nor does the former obligate me to accept it as such.

Reread the exchange and give it another go. :thumb:

S-word

BANNED
Banned
Flawed logic. Though I agree that he is being honest (at least at the time) with his assessment, I didn't claim his assessment itself was correct nor does the former obligate me to accept it as such.

Reread the exchange and give it another go. :thumb:

Already done. My question to you was, "But do you believe ClimateSanity was truthful in his statement that you are an arrogant and self aggrandizement person. And you agreed by saying "YES" that ClimateSanity's assessment of yourself as an arrogant and self aggrandizement person was correct.

Are you now claiming that yours was a dishonest answer?

quip

BANNED
Banned
Already done. My question to you was, "But do you believe ClimateSanity was truthful in his statement that you are an arrogant and self aggrandizement person. And you agreed by saying "YES" that ClimateSanity's assessment of yourself as an arrogant and self aggrandizement person was correct.

Are you now claiming that yours was a dishonest answer?

I've explained my position to you. Take it or leave just don't misrepresent it....on a "honesty" thread no less.

marhig

Hello, I am a 17 year old male from the UK, and was brought up an atheist. I'm posting on here to ask a pressing question of mine. To me I don't feel I require faith, or religion however I'd like to try and understand why people do, so please, share your stories, why or how you have come to faith and why you feel you need it?

Please be as civil as possible.
Hello :) sorry this post is a bit long, i hope you do read it though.

I'm from the UK too. I do have faith in God, but i don't just believe, i know he's there, not only because of all the things in my life that have happened to me, but i only have to look out the window to see that he's there.

A sun that forever burns and never dies, there has to be a mind behind that, and the sun is positioned just in the right place to give us light, warmth and life, and the moon to give us light in the darkness and the moon also controls the tides of the seas. The planets are all dead except for ours which is teaming with life, this can't just happen from nothing. Water is taken into the clouds and cleansed before it is sent to the earth again, the air that we breathe is freshened and cleansed every day, flowers grow and bloom without the hands of man touching them. The love in our hearts that we feel within all comes from God.

Just even life itself shows us that there has to be a God, there must be something that has created everything. You cannot create something from nothing at all, that's impossible, so there has to be something there. And i know that he is the Almighty God and he created all things.

If there was no God, why would we have a conscience? Why not just have one set of thoughts? Seeing as we only have one mind? Because God wants us to do what's right in our lives and turn from doing wrong and he's given us a conscience. And once we are born of God then our conscience becomes stronger and stronger as we grow in God, and now, even the little things that i did wrong before without even a thought, i cant do anymore, now that i am strengthened by the Spirit of God.

God is everywhere, he can hear our most inner thoughts and he hears our prayers. He's not in some far away place, and he's not in a building, he's in the hearts of his people. Although all love within our hearts is from God.

When my son was 18, he sat with me on the sofa, and there was only me and him there, and i was talking to him about God. And he said "mum how is God everywhere" and i couldn't explain it to him. So he said "well he can't be everywhere at once, so if he is, can hear me now?" and i said to him that i cant explain it but he is and yes he can.

Anyway, we have house meetings on some evenings and on Sundays, where we sit and read the Bible together and talk about the things of God. My son didn't go to them, but said that day that he wanted to come with me that evening. So he came, and at the time, my uncle led the meeting, he was a strong man of God and he was the one reading to us that night, and as we were all listening he suddenly stopped, the room was quiet, and he pointed out my son and said " good question, how is God everywhere" the thing is my son or myself hadn't mentioned it, we hadn't said a word about it since we were talking about it that afternoon. All the other people in our meeting looked puzzled, but my son sat bolt upright, he looked shocked.

Then my uncle said this, I'll never forget it.

"Can you see a satellite when you look into the sky?" And my son said no. He then said, "but you know it's there because it sends out a picture all around the world, but not everyone receives that picture, but only those with a receiver to do so. And once they have a receiver, they can see the picture. And this is like God, he is everywhere but we have to have the right heart to receive him. And when the TV receives the picture from the satellite it shows it out. Gods people do the same. We receive the life and word from God into our hearts by the Spirit of God, and we live it out and show the picture of him in our lives. And it's all done through his son Jesus. And then my uncle carried on reading the Bible.

My son and i hadn't discussed this, since we were on our own earlier that day, and my uncle had no way of knowing what we were talking about, yet he spoke to my son as if my son had just asked him the question. And everyone else in our meeting didn't know why he said it, because nothing was mentioned. I know that God was letting my son know that he is everywhere and that he heard him that day.

So God is everywhere, and all he wants is for you, me and everyone who is willing, to believe in him and love him and do what's right before him and love one another, this is why he sent Jesus, to preach the gospel and live it out, and bring us the love and life of God in the hope that we would listen and believe in him, he came to save us and take us out of darkness, and we are in darkness when we don't know God and we are living our own lives to please ourselves. He came and brought us the light to enlighten us in God and show us the way to live before God, he is the perfect example for us to follow, he brought us truth, he is the way, and his life is the only life that we should follow.

Have you ever read the Bible at all?

Feel free to ask me any questions.

Mary.

Stuu

The Vatican is the smallest sovereign nation on the earth,
Strictly speaking, the thing that is 'sovereign' is the Holy See.

short of maybe a man-made oil-rig-like island somewhere, and the popes' temporal power there really only impacts Vatican citizens and non-ordained non-religious employees; and a lot of Vatican citizens are bishops, so they're where they want to be anyway.
It's an absolute theocratic dictatorship, and a cynical structure. The joke 'nation' status has been used as a diplomatic bolt-hole for Nazi fugatives and child abusers. Not even North Korea is that specifically cynical.

When I visited, it looked to me like a gaudy religious theme park. The modern Bramante spiral is the closest they have to a thrill ride, and St Peters is a hall of mirrors in that the image of humanity is distorted in the sickeningly rich show-off ornaments and decorations, paid for significantly by the sale of indulgences.

The college of bishops was designed by the founder of the Catholic Church, and the founder's assistants implemented it, and the founder's assistants' successors maintain it and have always maintained it, with the popes being the quote-unquote first bishop among equals (all bishops are equal in the Church). They are the religion's own authorities and so their report on matters such as ordination of women is authoritative.
And sexist. So much for equality.

Religious liberty prevents any government from validly interfering in the administration of the Church, especially where but not only where, the Church's college of bishops confirm that the tradition they are practicing is Apostolic, meaning that it came from the founder's assistants themselves, and is not an addition to the Sacred Tradition of the Church. IOW religious liberty ought to apply also to those who no longer walk this earth, and not just us.
Shame then that there appears to be little stopping the interference by the Vatican in the affairs of real sovereign countries, especially when there is a Catholic head of state in the real country who can be threatened, er I mean influenced regarding his / her own destiny in terms of 'salvation' or other Catholic club awards.

Stuart

S-word

BANNED
Banned
I've explained my position to you. Take it or leave just don't misrepresent it....on a "honesty" thread no less.

My question to you was, "But do you believe ClimateSanity was truthful in his statement that you are an arrogant and self aggrandizement person. And you agreed by saying "YES," thereby agreeing that ClimateSanity's assessment of yourself as an arrogant and self aggrandizement person was correct.

And I would not dare to misrepresent your explanation, which was, "I didn't claim his assessment itself was correct," when all who have read your posts know, that by saying "YES" to my question, that you did indeed agree that ClimateSanity's assessment of yourself as an arrogant and self aggrandizement person was correct.

To say that you did not answer my question, with a simple "YES", would be terribly dishonest of you.

S-word

BANNED
Banned
Some of us know what quip was saying, and it's not what you think he was saying. So please don't presume to speak for "all" of us.

You think you know.

My question to quip was, "But do you believe ClimateSanity was truthful in his statement that you are an arrogant and self aggrandizement person. to which he answered with one single word, and that word was "YES."

Is that not an honest answer? Apparently quip now thinks that "YES" actually meant "NO".

quip

BANNED
Banned
You think you know.

My question to quip was, "But do you believe ClimateSanity was truthful in his statement that you are an arrogant and self aggrandizement person. to which he answered with one single word, and that word was "YES."

Is that not an honest answer? Apparently quip now thinks that "YES" actually meant "NO".

Here's the original quote in question:

You tell me! Is ClimateSanity being honest, who said in response to your post; "No....that comment is a testament to your arrogance and corroborates with the self aggrandizement you seek through information?"

Did you stuff that phrase back up your sleeve?

You're trying too hard...you look desperate.

Speaking of honesty, what former TOL incarnation were you?

S-word

BANNED
Banned
Here's the original quote in question:

Did you stuff that phrase back up your sleeve?

You're trying too hard...you look desperate.

Speaking of honesty, what former TOL incarnation were you?

To begin with, I have never been on this forum under any other name, but S-word.

But let us now return to your dishonesty.

My first post in this thread was Post #54: in which I said; My, my, my; and what do any of these posts have to do with, 'Honest Answers?'

To which you responded in post # 56; “You don't think we're being honest here?”

Then in post #58: I replied; “You tell me! Is ClimateSanity being honest, who said in response to your post; "No....that comment is a testament to your arrogance and corroborates with the self aggrandizement you seek through information?"

You responded In post #61, by saying; “I assumed he believes he was being honest.”

But I was not interested as to what you ‘THOUGHT’ ClimateSanity believed, I wanted to know what you believed, so in Post #62 I rephrased my question, by saying; “But do 'YOU' believe that ClimateSanity was being honest? Yes or no?” Capitalising the word ‘YOU’ so that there could be no mistaking what I wanted.

If you did not believe that ClimateSanity was being Honest in calling you an arrogant and self aggrandizement person, you had the option of saying ‘NO,’ but instead, in Post #63 you answered my question with the one single word, ‘YES.’

Now cease attempting to wriggle out of the situation that YOU, now find yourself in, given the option of a YES of NO answer, You chose to answer ‘YES,’ which means that you agree with ClimateSanity’s charge, that you are an arrogant and self Aggrandizement person.

I am not interested in what you wanted to say or what you meant to say, but only in what you did say. So let us be honest here, did you or did you not answer ‘YES’ to my question; “But do 'YOU' believe that ClimateSanity was being honest? Yes or no?”

quip

BANNED
Banned
To begin with, I have never been on this forum under any other name, but S-word.

You sure?

You seem too hostile and desperate, much too hostile for a newbie. At least hostile enough to have perhaps dealt with me prior as another poster.

But I was not interested as to what you ‘THOUGHT’ ClimateSanity believed...

Well, then you should have asserted your "interests" up-front and not attempted to be so crafty...as that's not how I inferred your question which, in turn, reflected upon my answer.

You're stuck with my "wrong" answer. :idunno:

Get over it.

S-word

BANNED
Banned
You sure?

You seem too hostile and desperate, much too hostile for a newbie. At least hostile enough to have perhaps dealt with me prior as another poster.

Well, then you should have asserted your "interests" up-front and not attempted to be so crafty...as that's not how I inferred your question which, in turn, reflected upon my answer.

You're stuck with my "wrong" answer. :idunno:

Get over it.

Oh, I'm over it mate, it's you who keep dishonestly saying that you did not answer 'YES' to my question, which was; “But do 'YOU' believe that ClimateSanity was being honest? Yes or no?”

And I am not stuck with your wrong answer, but your correct answer, which was 'YES' 'YOU' did believe that ClimateSanity was being honest in his assessment (Not mine) that you are an arrogant and self Aggrandizement person.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Oh, I'm over it mate, it's you who keep dishonestly saying that you did not answer 'YES' to my question, which was; “But do 'YOU' believe that ClimateSanity was being honest? Yes or no?”

And I am not stuck with your wrong answer, but your correct answer, which was 'YES' 'YOU' did believe that ClimateSanity was being honest in his assessment (Not mine) that you are an arrogant and self Aggrandizement person.

Who are you repeating this rhetoric for?

Are you trying to convince me....or yourself?

P.S. come on, fess up. Who were you in another ToL life? :chuckle:

S-word

BANNED
Banned
Who are you repeating this rhetoric for?

Are you trying to convince me....or yourself?

P.S. come on, fess up. Who were you in another ToL life? :chuckle:

quip Wrote.............Who are you repeating this rhetoric for?

S-word.........For you mate. Seeing that this is an honesty thread, I was hoping that you might be honest enough to say; "OK mate, I admit that I made a boo, boo and answered 'YES' to your question." But apparently that aint never going to happen, is it?

quip wrote........ Are you trying to convince me....or yourself?

S-word.........Well, I am totally convinced that you answered 'YES' to my question, so apparently it must be to convince you, that by denying that, your are a dishonest person as well as whatever ClimateSanity calls you.

quip Wrote......... P.S. come on, fess up. Who were you in another ToL life?

S-word..........Mate, I am in my late seventies and have been on many Christian forums and banned from many. But only under three different names, S-word, being one of them.

But I can not for the life of me, remember ever being on this forum. Perhaps if you can remember the name of the poster who you think might be myself, I can tell you for sure. For it would had to have been one of my other two names.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
quip Wrote.............Who are you repeating this rhetoric for?

S-word.........For you mate. Seeing that this is an honesty thread, I was hoping that you might be honest enough to say; "OK mate, I admit that I made a boo, boo
So, who are you?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
:think:

skinker?

news0501-paxcalibur.jpg

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?88590-Kett-s-DPOTD-12-26-1012-Skinker-s-big-blooper