Homeschoolers

Christine

Originally posted by ShadowMaid
It's not really electives I'm looking for, I'm looking for one (or some) curriculum(s) that is challenging for me. The electives will be right along with it all. I will look at Christian Light, though. I'm totally open for good suggestions.
I know that you're not looking for electives, but if you are good in grammar, you might be able to give it up entirely if you take a foreign language course with a good deal of English grammar in it. That is what my Latin and Greek courses are like.

ShadowMaid

Originally posted by Christine
I know that you're not looking for electives, but if you are good in grammar, you might be able to give it up entirely if you take a foreign language course with a good deal of English grammar in it. That is what my Latin and Greek courses are like.

That's an idea. But I don't think Dad will go for it. And I'm not really good in grammar. You could probably find a thousand mistakes I've made.

Christine

That's an idea. But I don't think Dad will go for it. And I'm not really good in grammar. You could probably find a thousand mistakes I've made.
I know what you mean. My Dad still has Elaine and me doing grammar.;)

ShadowMaid

Have you noticed Rat hasn't been around for a while? And that Knight still doesn't have his kids on here? For shame, for shame.:nono::angel:

Christine

Abeka was super for me. I like Abeka, I don't know if I'm ready for all the other courses, but Language was good.
We don't do Abeka the way Abeka says. We only do the quizzes and tests in grammar (after reading the text) if we get below a 70%, only then do we have to do the workbook pages that the test was over. Much of grammar is the same year after year.:)

Christine

Have you noticed Rat hasn't been around for a while? And that Knight still doesn't have his kids on here? For shame, for shame.:nono::angel:
Yep, I've noticed. I wonder where Ratitude and Wrestlerdude are?:confused:

Christine

If I think of any other curriculum, or find another website, I'll let you know. Have you considered starting a thread on this in the Teacher's section?

Lucky

Hall of Fame
I used A Beka up to fifth grade. (Private school.) Then again during eighth grade. (Homeschool.)

Christine

Originally posted by Lucky
I used A Beka up to fifth grade. (Private school.) Then again during eighth grade. (Homeschool.)
Hey Lucky, I didn't know that you were homeschooled!!!:bannana:

ShadowMaid

Originally posted by Christine
If I think of any other curriculum, or find another website, I'll let you know. Have you considered starting a thread on this in the Teacher's section?

No, I haven't. I should do that. But tonight I have to get to bed. I shouldn't stay up late. Bad habit of mine. Good night all.:grave:

P.S. No, Zimfan, actually I didn't. I just noticed it, and it started to bother me.

Last edited:

Christine

Originally posted by Zimfan
It's the latter. I live in Texas.
I doubt you talk that way. I thought you said in your discussion with Elaine that you went to pubic school in Pennsylvania. Thus, you don't have an accent.:p