Hi, I'm Lucy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Hi everyone. This is Lucy. I have been a Christian for many years and enjoy talking about theology.
How do you feel about conversing? :D
Strangely, it has been difficult to find other Christians with whom to talk theology!
Most Americans can't locate Washington D.C. on a map. Welcome to the post literate age.
When I was a kid, I used to get very confused about some of the things I heard in church, because pastors would contradict themselves and I could see the contradiction, but nobody else seemed to notice. I drove my Sunday school teachers crazy, I'm sure, because I did not ask the "usual" questions, ha ha! People told me "You think too much!"
There's a word for people who use that phrase.
That wasn't a very helpful answer! Finally, I realized pastors are only human and they have varying theological belief systems, and this is where some of my confusion was coming from.
Sounds reasonable.

I have read the following books and would be interested in discussing these authors ideas if anyone else in interested..

Author: C.S. Lewis - just about any of his books
Any time, any where, with anybody...which was, thankfully, never the title of any of his works. Have you read M. Scott Peck? If you like Lewis you should, starting with The Road Less Traveled. And then there's Boethius, who I'm always pushing. The Consolation of Philosophy is one of the more quietly important books in the long history of Christian writing.
These are other books I am in the process of reading and would enjoy discussing with anyone who has a interest:

"Basic Theology" by Charles Ryrie
"Dispensationalism" by Charles Ryrie
Not familiar with them. The Handbook of Christian Apologetics, by B.C. professors Kreeft and Taceli is another good overview and I'm currently working through Systematic Theology, by Grudem.
I think this is a great site and something I have been looking for
for a long time! Wish you had been around when I was a kid, but we didn't even have personal computers then, ha ha ha! :wave2:
Welcome aboard! :e4e: Good to have another reader in our company. :poly:

lucy

How do you feel about conversing? :D

Most Americans can't locate Washington D.C. on a map. Welcome to the post literate age.

There's a word for people who use that phrase.

Sounds reasonable.

Any time, any where, with anybody...which was, thankfully, never the title of any of his works. Have you read M. Scott Peck? If you like Lewis you should, starting with The Road Less Traveled. And then there's Boethius, who I'm always pushing. The Consolation of Philosophy is one of the more quietly important books in the long history of Christian writing.

Not familiar with them. The Handbook of Christian Apologetics, by B.C. professors Kreeft and Taceli is another good overview and I'm currently working through Systematic Theology, by Grudem.

Welcome aboard! :e4e: Good to have another reader in our company. :poly:

I have read "A Road Less Traveled" by Scott Peck. It's been awhile, but I remember it being very enlightening. I will have to check out the others you mentioned, thanks!

synapse

Hi everyone. This is Lucy. I have been a Christian for many years and enjoy talking about theology. Strangely, it has been difficult to find other Christians with whom to talk theology! When I was a kid, I used to get very confused about some of the things I heard in church, because pastors would contradict themselves and I could see the contradiction, but nobody else seemed to notice. I drove my Sunday school teachers crazy, I'm sure, because I did not ask the "usual" questions, ha ha! People told me "You think too much!" That wasn't a very helpful answer! Finally, I realized pastors are only human and they have varying theological belief systems, and this is where some of my confusion was coming from.

I have read the following books and would be interested in discussing these authors ideas if anyone else in interested..

Author: Don Miller
"Searching for God Knows What"
"Blue Like Jazz"

Author: Philip Yancey
"The Jesus I Never Knew"

Authors: Walls and Dongell
"Why I am Not a Calvinist"

Author: C.S. Lewis - just about any of his books

These are other books I am in the process of reading and would enjoy discussing with anyone who has a interest:

"Basic Theology" by Charles Ryrie
"Dispensationalism" by Charles Ryrie

I think this is a great site and something I have been looking for
for a long time! Wish you had been around when I was a kid, but we didn't even have personal computers then, ha ha ha! :wave2:

Hi Lucy - Welcome, Come in, Sit down, Grab a coffee, Lets talk :)

Status
Not open for further replies.