hi I have a question

caketastydelish

Someone that is (or should I say was, since it seems they're banned) a member of this site and I'm trying to contact them. I knew them from another site and we were good friends. It seems I'm not able to send him a private message. Is there anything I can do?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Someone that is (or should I say was, since it seems they're banned) a member of this site and I'm trying to contact them. I knew them from another site and we were good friends. It seems I'm not able to send him a private message. Is there anything I can do?

Perhaps, they've been 'banned' elsewhere, as well?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
If they got themselves banned for good, perhaps there's a good reason? Are
you certain you want to be associated with such?

Letsargue

You can say who it is, (( Someone with a little respect )) - "might" Help you, -- maybe.

Paul -- 040714

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

People are not usually banned for long...they will probably reappear soon

caketastydelish

It depends on who it is. I was banned for a year once. BUT!!

Paul -- 040714

The person in question (Christian Liberty) seems to have been banned for about a month and is still banned.

If they got themselves banned for good, perhaps there's a good reason? Are
you certain you want to be associated with such?

Quite possibly, but me and him got alone well even though our politics/religious views differed.

Perhaps, they've been 'banned' elsewhere, as well?

Yes, the civfanatics website lol.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
The person in question (Christian Liberty) seems to have been banned for about a month and is still banned.

Quite possibly, but me and him got alone well even though our politics/religious views differed.

Yes, the civfanatics website lol.

Let me get this straight...

caketastydelish 'got alone well' with Christian Liberty?

Is this by any chance a code that we should be trying to decipher?

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Christian Liberty received an infraction on March 16th, 2014, 11:52 PM for 1 point. He had just returned from a one month ban and the new infraction raised his infraction points to 9 which warrants a 3 month ban. Expect him back around June 16th. In the meantime you could try sending a private message to a moderator asking for assistance. A mod could send your email address to the last known email address for Christian Liberty although Mods are not required to honor such requests. Then, of course, it would be up to CL to contact you or not.

In any case, good luck. June 16th is not that far away but if CL returns and promptly earns another infraction his next ban will be six months (assuming it is only a one point infraction).

Christian Liberty

Christian Liberty received an infraction on March 16th, 2014, 11:52 PM for 1 point. He had just returned from a one month ban and the new infraction raised his infraction points to 9 which warrants a 3 month ban. Expect him back around June 16th. In the meantime you could try sending a private message to a moderator asking for assistance. A mod could send your email address to the last known email address for Christian Liberty although Mods are not required to honor such requests. Then, of course, it would be up to CL to contact you or not.

In any case, good luck. June 16th is not that far away but if CL returns and promptly earns another infraction his next ban will be six months (assuming it is only a one point infraction).

caketastydelish, keep in mind the other username I gave you if I am banned again. I suspect it will happen again eventually, and I'm not banned on RPF as often as I am here.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
caketastydelish, keep in mind the other username I gave you if I am banned again. I suspect it will happen again eventually, and I'm not banned on RPF as often as I am here.
Evidently a few of your infractions have expired as your point total is now only 6. A 7th point would get you a 2 week hiatus.

The 5 solas

Reading this thread....I am a noob here and just curious, where does one find this point system? If you get points against you, are you told? Would love to see where it is laid out, the list of infractions and their point value.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Reading this thread....I am a noob here and just curious, where does one find this point system? If you get points against you, are you told? Would love to see where it is laid out, the list of infractions and their point value.

This thread: http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1380719&postcount=1

This is the relevant post about it:

Those who obey the rules can disregard this thread if they want.

Like at AoS, this site now has a new-and-improved AutoSmite™ System, now with AutoBan™!

Mods and admins can smite users for a particular out-of-line post. The offending user will receive a message informing them which post it was, which rule they violated, and how many points (demerits) they got for it. Points stick with you a long time, and as you reach certain point levels you'll automatically be banned for a certain period of time. :banned:

We can also assign "warnings" using the same system, but warnings don't actually give you any points.

Mods and admins will be "in the loop" about smites and warnings given by other mods or admins, and they may even go on your permanent record! :jawdrop:

Here are the current settings:
Points___Ban length
2_______1 Day
3_______3 Day
4_______4 Days
5_______5 Days
6_______1 Week
7_______2 Weeks
8_______1 Month
9_______3 Months
10______6 Months
11______1 Year

These could change at any time, of course. And we can still ban the old fashioned way if we feel like it. :smack:

You'd all better be on your best behavior because all of us admins and mods are just dying to try this out! :cyborg:

rainee

Now that Angel has shown you the written teaching you can start building your knowledge of our oral information and traditions.

Like what kind of people are likely to get infractions.

Christian Liberty and John W and Trad are just examples of those who may seem to go forward toward infractions like moths to flame.

Now it may simply be a reflex of theirs or the mods for them to to get infractions.

And then there are those who may seem to dance around the flames and never get burned.

But please let me warn you. I try not to infractions.

But I have one that is expired and one warning that is also expired.
I deserved the warning to be an infractions but didn't think I deserved the actual infraction I got but well - c'est la vie

However, they sit on my personal page like zits - or maybe pock marks?

Do you remember the children's book about nails in the barn door? The child did something wrong and had to put a nail in the door. But later even after he was allowed to take out the nails - the scars remained in the door.

So it is. I try not to look at those things but there they are taunting me, tempting me, mocking me.

Anyway Town Heretic may be even more one who might have teased the flames but thought to never feel the heat - indeed.

But one day he got one and I think he caused a butterfly effect with high winds and storms across the land for years later from all his head spinning in such disagreement at what he felt to be surely a miscarriage of justice...

Anyway, hope this helps you in getting to know the lay of the land - and helps you get your sea legs too for the land is rolling. :)

Others will say more if you are interested in surviving here..

The 5 solas

Now that Angel has shown you the written teaching you can start building your knowledge of our oral information and traditions.

Like what kind of people are likely to get infractions.

Christian Liberty and John W and Trad are just examples of those who may seem to go forward toward infractions like moths to flame.

Now it may simply be a reflex of theirs or the mods for them to to get infractions.

And then there are those who may seem to dance around the flames and never get burned.

But please let me warn you. I try not to infractions.

But I have one that is expired and one warning that is also expired.
I deserved the warning to be an infractions but didn't think I deserved the actual infraction I got but well - c'est la vie

However, they sit on my personal page like zits - or maybe pock marks?

Do you remember the children's book about nails in the barn door? The child did something wrong and had to put a nail in the door. But later even after he was allowed to take out the nails - the scars remained in the door.

So it is. I try not to look at those things but there they are taunting me, tempting me, mocking me.

Anyway Town Heretic may be even more one who might have teased the flames but thought to never feel the heat - indeed.

But one day he got one and I think he caused a butterfly effect with high winds and storms across the land for years later from all his head spinning in such disagreement at what he felt to be surely a miscarriage of justice...

Anyway, hope this helps you in getting to know the lay of the land - and helps you get your sea legs too for the land is rolling. :)

Others will say more if you are interested in surviving here..

Thank you, rainee. I hope I can stop shaking my head enough to want to stay on this forum. Some of the people seem to be really awesome, have a great sense of humour and interesting posts even if I do not agree with them. I am just not used to this kind of no holds barred atmosphere. lol I have not participated in an online forum for years. This was the first one that I found last week when I was looking. In the past, I would frequent ones with like minded people and it was more of an iron sharpens iron experience, instead of wanted to bang someone's head on a rock experience. lol

I am starting to pick out those here who embrace the Doctrines of Grace, so that is a good start...but I am all for going toe to toe if it is done correctly. I can totally handle the fact that there are differing worldviews, theological stances and doctrinal positions. That is what makes a forum fun. However, the style of argumentation really drives me batty. In fact, I cringe to even use the word *style* for it! lol

I am finding that many of the people are more than happy to tell other people what they believe, instead of telling what they themselves believe. Especially when they have no idea what they are talking about. It is a far better a discussion when each puts forward their point and allows the other to rebuttal it.

In any case.....I try to stick to discussing theological and doctrinal points, using Scripture to support it. I do not think I will get booted out for my doctrinal position, although I know some around here seem to think I do not value Scripture and am not even saved...makes me chuckle. I do like some of the fluffy threads too, where we can just be friendly and chill!

I will try to be a good girl :peach: There are some people whose posts I will not even read, never mind keep myself from responding to because if I did, I would no doubt earn myself a whole barn door full of holes. lol