Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyc

I'm andy from England, and I am a charismatic pentecostal christian :banana:
Glad to be here, and I look forward to some great discussions.

wiki

What caused you to join this sight? Just interested.
I had a theological question I wanted answered and this was the first sight google came up with for me. I think my question is close to answered.

bucksplasher

Cordial Correction

Cordial Correction

What is this cordial correction thing? It's funny, interesting, creepy and exciting all at the smae time :surf:

can be compared to offering a pat on the back rather than a whack across the backside as a means of enlightenment. We'll see how they compare as time goes on. tWINs

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm andy from England, and I am a charismatic pentecostal...
I'm sure you'll get over it :D

Welcome :)

I had a theological question I wanted answered and this was the first sight google came up with for me. I think my question is close to answered.
Can anyone edit your posts as long as they follow certain rules of impartiality and originality?

Lyraluthuin

wiki, would you mind telling us what is the meaning of your screen name?

Thanks

andyc

Hi everyone, thanks for the welcome!

Hi wiki
I stumbled on to this site by accident and thought I'd join. I'm not really a great theologian but I've read the bible a few times :)
What is the question that you would like me to try and answer?

wiki

Lyraluthuin wrote Quote: wiki, would you mind telling us what is the meaning of your screen name?

Wiki is a nickname given to me during my travels in India. What about you?

Lyraluthuin

Lyraluthuin wrote Quote: wiki, would you mind telling us what is the meaning of your screen name?

Wiki is a nickname given to me during my travels in India. What about you?

Lyraluthuin is my favorite character from my favorite fantasy novel. I was very gratified when genineoriginal recognized it. Most people seen to assume it has something to do with that tart in Pullman's novels of which the Golden Compass was made.

Thanks for your reply! There was a person on another board whose SN was abbreviated as wiki, and he was obnoxious enough to eventually get banned. I'm glad you're (probably) not him.

wiki

Lyraluthuin is my favorite character from my favorite fantasy novel. I was very gratified when genineoriginal recognized it. Most people seen to assume it has something to do with that tart in Pullman's novels of which the Golden Compass was made.

Thanks for your reply! There was a person on another board whose SN was abbreviated as wiki, and he was obnoxious enough to eventually get banned. I'm glad you're (probably) not him.

Thanks for filling me in Lyraluthuin... maybe this explains some of the resistance I have been sensing. You'll be pleased to know that I am not 'him', I'm 'a her' :)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Hiya, andyc.

You do seem likable, :think: but I've found, in general, it's better if you let others describe you....:plain:...what?

That would be something, wouldn't it? :eek:

Lyraluthuin

Thanks for filling me in Lyraluthuin... maybe this explains some of the resistance I have been sensing. You'll be pleased to know that I am not 'him', I'm 'a her' :)

Very good.
That will teach me to assume from teh avatar that guys use masculine avatars and women use feminine ones! :doh:

andyc

I must say that after a year its been a blast so far.
Although I haven't changed at all in the things I believe, I've learned a heck of a lot from the things other people believe here. I had never heard of MAD or Open Theism before I came here, but now I feel like an expert :p

God bless all, and here's to another fine year of blood sweat and cheers :cheers:

bybee

Good morning Andy

Good morning Andy

I'm bybee from the USA and while I am not charismatic I am Christian! One may learn much through these pages. peace, bybee

Status
Not open for further replies.