Hello

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I look forward to a spirited debate and perhaps an opportunity to free the minds of some people enslaved by religious dogma.
I look forward to demonstrating the objective superiority of faith and the poor contextual choice you've made as a rationalist.

My handle may seem odd, but I am an atheist who is constantly faced with shock from others when they learn I am not a Christian because I am more Christ like than most Christians.
No, I'd bet that sort of self appraisal is about what most among the faithful here would expect.

You can have Morals without the tales of a 2000 year old desert dwelling people.
Of course you can. And the next guy can have a set that sets yours on its ear.

My focus on Christianity is a result of living in the middle of the bible belt and facing their prejudiced and hate for being a non believer.
Interesting. I lived that way for decades, in the heart of the Bible belt, without running into much more than concerned disagreement. Of course it helps if you don't go around shoving people as you're doing here. I imagine your problems have more to do with you than with your context...at least if this is any indication of your approach.

I have however spent 4 years studying comparative religion studies, so I am well versed in all faiths.

That you think that necessarily follows or is sufficient is nearly charming. :chuckle:

Looking forward to a continuing conversation then. :e4e: Welcome aboard.

GuySmiley

Welcome! I'm sure the atheists here are excited for someone to show up who can succeed where they have failed. The cavalry has arrived!

voltaire

BANNED
Banned
who have I insulted?

I apologize to anyone I have insulted. That was not my intention.

Like I said, being proven wrong is not an attack. Curing someone of ignorance is not a malicious act.

You haven't treated others as you would want to be treated. One of the first things i want to be treated like is respect and not thinking you know me better than I do myself. You fail on this bigtime.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Depends. I do not insult easily.

More often than not I ignore the insults. If I do not ignore I defuse the situation.
You rather avoided the question. If I do something to you that is hurtful/insulting/mean/belittling/etc., what is the proper response according to the Golden Rule?