Hello from Eastern TN

Krsto

As a man in the pew I can tell you with all honesty, we favor brevity. Personally, the ideal pastor is one with a tiny bladder and a short attention span, and who writes his sermons accordingly.

I've been frequenting a formerly Baptist church where the pastor has ditched sermons altogether in favor of having discussion. They've been going through Acts chapter by chapter. Some may wonder if he has opportunity to excercise his gift of teaching and the answer is yes, but when he's responding to what others are saying in the service it's so much more relevant and interesting. He'll get a "preach on" from time to time as God anoints but others have the same opportunity too so he's not the only one we get to hear from.

It's quite refreshing.

Another younger pastor of a Baptist church tried to do the same but he's just not as good in the Word as the first who's obviously spent a lot of time studying. It didn't go over that well with him.

Krsto

I have been on 11 Christians sites and modded 6 of them. Of any I have been on, this one is fast becoming my favorite. I have been on the good, the bad and the ugly, when it comes to Christian sites. The ones that allow lively discussion are healthier.

The best forum I've been on was actually for users of Chief Architect software. Before the owners canned it we had a section to talk about anything we wanted so me and another brother would have spirited debates with 3 atheists about religion and politics with others chiming in occasionally. Best time I've ever had online.

faramir77

Templar?

You shepard people in the mysteries of God with , by your own admission, little scriptural understanding?

*Shudders*

Congradulations! you are qualified to host a program on TBN and/or Daystar.

Keep comin' back! it works if ya work it!!

Last edited:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I have been on 11 Christians sites and modded 6 of them. Of any I have been on, this one is fast becoming my favorite. I have been on the good, the bad and the ugly, when it comes to Christian sites. The ones that allow lively discussion are healthier.

the first site I tried, couldn't figure out how to get on
and
this is the second one I tried
so
it looks like I was lucky to get on this one