Hello from Eastern TN

RevNuTemplar

Hello and Welcome. Can you explain your name to me, I don't get it?

Ha ha you will be sorry! Yes its a combination of three things to wit;

Its amazing how powerful an avatar or a sc name can be eh? I am a fan of the crusades (which I feel are not fairly represented in the leftist controlled media) and all forms of Christendom the history of Christianity. That includes the often criticized, in an disparaging manner, the knights Templar. So that is why I chose the Templar part of the sc name. I came to Christianity after dabbling for ten years in other regions, and came in a strange way. (but I beleive God had a hand in it!) By strange I mean that while I began suspecting Christianity was more correct than not I was after trying on many religions an agnostic. However after reading a few very influential books and learning about cosmological/ontological arguments in college (specifically the KCA) I became more and more convinced that God did indeed exist. Add that to my studies in how physics and the cosmology (astronomy) and science theories of origins of the universe and other science like quantum field theory seemed to point to a creator instead of the universe springing into existence from nothing. still I wasn't 100% sold on Christianity being the religion that best explained what God was. And that is where the Nu part of the sc name came from. Sorry for the length of this!

However I was fairly sure that Christianity had more right than wrong. Then it happened, I wrecked my Harley Davidson after a night and a day and a night and...ha ha ...so badly that I my heart stopped three times, I was gone.
I know this is hard to beleive but, (I will shorten this) I spoke with God. I knew it was the christian God because of how I 'felt', and the question I 'heard'; The question asked is "do you want to die without knowing me?" (I get emotional every time I relate this, and am happy I am typing instead of speaking!)...Well, I didn't have to think about it, I said "NO I want to live and learn everything about you !.(I said more but that's the gist of it)..I woke up after what seemed a long time, and as I awoke I heard a sound. It sounded like a record being played backwards, like reversed cymbals from big to little.

I woke in the hospital getting ready to have my broken bones screwed and glued together. Later I found out my heart was bruised and spleen was ruptured, and I had a horrific crush injury to my pelvis legs and feet. Yes, I know its a tall tale, and will not fault anyone that does not beleive me, but I know it's true, and it saved me, It saved my eternal life and still I am getting to know God...And I became a reverend and a pastor and mercifully this is the last of this explanation that is where I get the Rev part of my sc name!

Thanks for asking~ but I bet your eyes are sorry you asked! ha ha

nurev

Last edited:

RevNuTemplar

Welcome to TOL! What denom/church ordained you? BTW, I lived in Kingsport for a few years.

AMR

Hello Mr Religion! Kingsport eh? Nice city, too large for me eh? I was sponsored as a Baptist (although now my church and I claim a non denominational status.) After seminary I was ordained by Immanuel Baptist Church. However I was surprised to learn that as a church owner, I am automatically a pastor in this county and state. Or at least that is what I was told at the court house. That is true even if the church is only a church on paper. I doubt if I would of petitioned to be ordained if I had of known I would not be preaching etc.

BTW, as per my intro, my church (A.B.O.T.C.) ie Apocalyptic Bearer Of The Cross is an office space, and an legal IRS entity that today only enables and supports my Christian humanitarian mission(s) (one, the mission of the crosses isn’t a humanitarian mission but rather a purely spiritual mission). Ahh' but I have plans hopes and dreams for my church. I feel that I can serve God better by putting my heart and soul into the missions, Instead of preaching. I am far better at developing small business than I am preaching! which I am attempting to fund as I write this, as my out of pocket monies are severely limited!

In any case thanks for your reply~

ps VERY IMPRESSIVE CREDENTIALS MR RELIGION!

Last edited:

RevNuTemplar

Howdy Rev. I'm from Washington :jawdrop: No, not that Washington - the one on the left coast.

What's your vision for your church?

I love the rainy and coolness (no not the music scene, but its cool too) of Seattle and almost moved there when I was in my late 20s early 30's just for the climate, I was working as a skilled crafts worker ie structural and reinforcing iron-worker while I went to school at night. Man I detested the hot summer days when doing rebar!

My vision for the church? Now it exists to support the christian humanitarian missions which are struggling. I had to shut the doors late last year due to slow, low donations and the inability to obtain even one grant. If I can successfully build the missions into viable non profits the church ideally will belong to a proper church building where either I or a pastor will preach Gods word there! My visions for the church are very modest, I would be more happy with a small congregation than a large one. However my visions for the missions are far more ambitious! Ideally the church would support the growth and expansion of the missions. It's the missions that I would love to see multiply and grow because I feel its what God has called on me (and we) to do. There is also scripture support for such a thing. I interpret scripture to say its up to we the church (ie Christians in bulk form ha~ ha) to enable Gods will to be done here on earth. I would be overjoyed to see the missions provide as much basic humanitarian aid as God sees fit locally, then one day going international partnering with relief agencies including secular agencies, the red cross for example.

We, ie the missions are getting off to a rough start, but everything is in Gods hands. If its Gods will we obtain the funds necessary to support the missions etc it will be done. Until then pray! eh? Amen? Thank you for your reply and for asking!

nurev

Last edited:

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Welcome, rev! :wave2: I hope you enjoy your stay here.

What is the good news by which a person is saved?

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Welcome to TOL. In many ways this site is unlike any site you have been on before. But I think it will grow on you. I have found that I have become addicted to this site.

Krsto

I love the rainy and coolness (no not the music scene, but its cool too) of Seattle and almost moved there when I was in my late 20s early 30's just for the climate, I was working as a skilled crafts worker ie structural and reinforcing iron-worker while I went to school at night. Man I detested the hot summer days when doing rebar!

My vision for the church? Now it exists to support the christian humanitarian missions which are struggling. I had to shut the doors late last year due to slow, low donations and the inability to obtain even one grant. If I can successfully build the missions into viable non profits the church ideally will belong to a proper church building where either I or a pastor will preach Gods word there! My visions for the church are very modest, I would be more happy with a small congregation than a large one. However my visions for the missions are far more ambitious! Ideally the church would support the growth and expansion of the missions. It's the missions that I would love to see multiply and grow because I feel its what God has called on me (and we) to do. There is also scripture support for such a thing. I interpret scripture to say its up to we the church (ie Christians in bulk form ha~ ha) to enable Gods will to be done here on earth. I would be overjoyed to see the missions provide as much basic humanitarian aid as God sees fit locally, then one day going international partnering with relief agencies including secular agencies, the red cross for example.

We, ie the missions are getting off to a rough start, but everything is in Gods hands. If its Gods will we obtain the funds necessary to support the missions etc it will be done. Until then pray! eh? Amen? Thank you for your reply and for asking!

nurev

I can relate as I had a non profit to help churches with their outreach efforts in the Balkans. It's been on hold for a number of years due to not being able to raise funds but I'm working on a way for all non-profits to raise money so I believe eventually will be able to fulfill my goals and dreams and help others do the same.

Lovejoy

You know as long winded as I am perhaps I should reconsider preaching!

nurev

As a man in the pew I can tell you with all honesty, we favor brevity. Personally, the ideal pastor is one with a tiny bladder and a short attention span, and who writes his sermons accordingly.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
how many sites have you tried?

I have been on 11 Christians sites and modded 6 of them. Of any I have been on, this one is fast becoming my favorite. I have been on the good, the bad and the ugly, when it comes to Christian sites. The ones that allow lively discussion are healthier.

Krsto

do you have trouble finding a church that shares your beliefs?

Nope. Plenty of them around. I don't think I have any beliefs that are particularly unique to me though it's real hard to find churches with equal eldership where the elders are the ministers and not just the ones to control the ministers they hire.