ECT Heaven, when do we go there?

Prizebeatz1

Heaven, when do we go there?

Your vain babbling devoid of scriptural content speaks for itself.

Perhaps it's the traditional interpretation of the scriptures which excludes the most valuable precious part of us that is the vain babbling. The cost is disconnection from our self-worth. Do you think that is the message God wants to give us? Or is that kind of a message more likely to come from the enemy? The personality cannot outwit the soul so quit trying to hide behind scriptures and show your face you coward.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

DAN P

You claim that "spirit" and "soul" are used synonymously in scripture and yet 1 Thess 5:23 clearly shows them as distinct using "and" between them.

How do you explain that?

Hi and I looked of the Greek and the Greek word is there an is KAI / AND !!

He might then believe in SOUL SLEEP so AMR correct me if I am wrong !!

dan p

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
Perhaps it's the traditional interpretation of the scriptures which excludes the most valuable precious part of us that is the vain babbling. The cost is disconnection from our self-worth. Do you think that is the message God wants to give us? Or is that kind of a message more likely to come from the enemy? The personality cannot outwit the soul so quit trying to hide behind scriptures and show your face you coward.
Call me what you like, but you're still just full of yourself.

The scripture is GOD'S WORD. The Eternal Creator of ALL THINGS knows quite a bit more that you do.

So you can go on with your personal opinions all that you want. Until you believe the ONE that KNOWS, you'll just have settle for your vain philosophical dung-heap of "knowledge".

P.S. You do not belong on a Christian forum.

Prizebeatz1

Heaven, when do we go there?

Call me what you like, but you're still just full of yourself.

The scripture is GOD'S WORD. The Eternal Creator of ALL THINGS knows quite a bit more that you do.

So you can go on with your personal opinions all that you want. Until you believe the ONE that KNOWS, you'll just have settle for your vain philosophical dung-heap of "knowledge".

P.S. You do not belong on a Christian forum.

I know my rights. Have you heard of the first amendment? You should look it up sometime. You can't fool me into believing the literal version of God's Word. I tried that. It doesn't work. All you can do is pretend that it does. You can't fool all of the people all of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Right Divider

Body part
I know my rights. Have you heard of the first amendment? You should look it up sometime.
That is one of the funniest things that I have read in a LONG LONG time.... :kookoo:

This is NOT a government site. ONLY the government can violate the 1st amendment.... look it up sometime.

You can't fool me into believing the literal version of God's Word. I tried that. It doesn't work. All you can do is pretend that it does. You can't fool all of the people all of the time.
Your fantasy story is just that. Anyone can make up a fairy tale about that the Bible "means" if they want. That does not make it true.

P.S. Here is the 1st amendment .... so you don't even have to look it up.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Last edited:

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hi and then you will not answer whether the New Covenant is for GENTILES or tell me How you were saved ??

I can do that easy , what about you ??

dan p
I have answered this. I am not a dispensationalist.

http://www.faithbibleonline.net/MiscDoctrine/DispCov.htm
http://frame-poythress.org/ebooks/understanding-dispensationalists/
http://www.reformedliterature.com/allis-modern-dispensationalism-and-unity-of-scripture.php
http://againstdispensationalism.com/95-theses/

From a biblical theological perspective it is important to stress that Jesus is the Israel of God who was made under the law, fulfilled the stipulations of Israel's covenant, and is declared to be the Son of God by His resurrection from the dead. The true Israel is not the church in and of itself, but those who are united to Christ by faith, that is, are in Christ. Those who are united to Christ by faith are the church, members of Christ, the Israel of God, whether they be Jew or Gentile.

The unity of both the OT and NT covenant is clearly taught in Scripture…

• Its promise was the same (Ex 19:4-6 cf 1 Pet 2:5,9; Jer 31:33 cf 2 Cor 6:16)
• Its condition was the same – faith (Gen 15:6 cf Rom 4:3)
• The object of this faith was the same – Christ (John 8:56; Acts 2:25-32; Heb 4:2)

This is why Christians are made partakers of the blessing of Abraham (Gal 3:8,9,14). The great distinction between the first/second-new, old-obsolete/new, covenant is the primary character of each: the old, or Siniatic, covenant was massively extrinsic, heavily typological, and prospective; whereas the new, or Christ-covenant is primarily intrinsic, fulfillment oriented, and eschatological. The Christ of the OT is no different from the Christ of the NT. The Covenant of Grace in the Old Testament has no essential difference to the Covenant of Grace in the New Testament. We have more of it, greater revelation and realization of it.

AMR

DAN P

Your scriptures say nothing about eternal punishment. We know that eternal life is a gift from God so how can a person suffer eternal punishment without God's gift of life? And why would God give a person a gift of eternal torment?

It doesn't compute.

Hi and read Rev 20:10 !!

dan p

DAN P

OK, I thought the post I replied to was about humans.

Hi and IF you have readRev 20:10 you will see that the BEAST , FALSE PROPHET and that SATAN and thoses who names are not found in the book of life , will be CAST into the Lake of Fire , in Rev 20:10 and 15 !!

dan p

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi and IF you have readRev 20:10 you will see that the BEAST , FALSE PROPHET and that SATAN and thoses who names are not found in the book of life , will be CAST into the Lake of Fire , in Rev 20:10 and 15 !!

You didn't mention verse 15. The "beast" is a symbol for man's governments and the "false prophet" is a symbol for man's religions.

As for Satan he has pretty much judged himself as being unworthy of life, but then we'll
see after his resurrection if he has a change of heart.

God takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked and neither should we.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You claim that "spirit" and "soul" are used synonymously in scripture and yet 1 Thess 5:23 clearly shows them as distinct using "and" between them.

How do you explain that?
Did you read the item in my post?

The answer to this common attempt to discount Scripture's dichotomous view of man is plainly stated therein.

AMR

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
@Cross Reference

I doubt you have the guts to name your source mentor. Why? because they are a 'fringe" bunch not acceptable to even the general Christian community.

My regula fidei is Scripture alone. Scripture is the norming norm.

As for mentors, I am blessed to be able stand upon the shoulders of those who have come before us, showing themselves to have withstood the tests of time as being worthy of consideration in my walk of faith. There is no secret here, not intestinal fortitude required to name them, for one need only examine the persons shown below my signature for a few examples of such men.

If you consider these men as but fringe one seriously questions your judgment and knowledge. Your substitution of bombastic rhetoric for knowledge only serves as an embarrassment.

Rather than being a chronological snob, erroneously thinking that past defenders of the faith have nothing to teach us modern folks, why not avail yourself of their thoughts, taking every word captive for the glory of God (2 Cor. 10:5)? Hopefully no one thinks we moderns are somehow more indwelt by the Spirit than were these men were and therefore know much more than they knew. :AMR1:

AMR

Cross Reference

@Cross Reference

My regula fidei is Scripture alone. Scripture is the norming norm.

As for mentors, I am blessed to be able stand upon the shoulders of those who have come before us, showing themselves to have withstood the tests of time as being worthy of consideration in my walk of faith. There is no secret here, not intestinal fortitude required to name them, for one need only examine the persons shown below my signature for a few examples of such men.

If you consider these men as but fringe one seriously questions your judgment and knowledge. Your substitution of bombastic rhetoric for knowledge only serves as an embarrassment.

Rather than being a chronological snob, erroneously thinking that past defenders of the faith have nothing to teach us modern folks, why not avail yourself of their thoughts, taking every word captive for the glory of God (2 Cor. 10:5)? Hopefully no one thinks we moderns are somehow more indwelt by the Spirit than were these men were and therefore know much more than they knew. :AMR1:

AMR

Name your 'great defenders of the faith' upon whom you make your boast, that lead you away from what only the Holy Spirit can give, i.e., insight.

OMT: Quit blaming scripture for your willful ignorance that you need to rely upon religious abstractions steeped in error to sustain you. You read as a fool.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
So do many more than yourself....

View attachment 24817

Try not to assume you alone have it all correct until you consider what others also indwelled by the Spirit may have to say. Who knows? You may even learn something new. ;)

AMR
Why do I need some long-winded document? Can't you just tell me?

I started to read this until I got finished with the first sentence... that showed this to be a puff-piece to inflate someone's ego.

One of the most difficult problems any theological tradition faces is that there are often times fundamental differences at critical points between the “official doctrine” affirmed by the divines and academics of that tradition, and those doctrines actually believed and practiced on a popular level by the rank and file.

Divines? Really? Rank and file?

If I want a cool religious clergy-laity dichotomy, I'll just become a Roman Catholic.

At least he put "official doctrine" in quotes!

The more that I read from you, the more I realize your problem is that you love religion more than truth.

P.S. :mock: "major theologians" .... I think that his PhD has gone to his head, just like many other highly educated types.

P.P.S. I'm not arguing for some strange doctrine, just curios why, on a couple of occasions, scripture says "spirit AND soul". I fully agree that there is a material and immaterial nature of man that are the man.