ECT He shall save His people from their sins

Right Divider

Body part
No, you think Judaism is validated in the synoptics; it is not. So when you see concepts that Judaism believed, you think that is what Christ was talking about.
You are confused about both what the Bible teaches and what I believe; even though they are the same.

To save his people from their sins is the Christian one. Otherwise, he would have just said (perhaps specifically the Romans) to destroy its enemies. Judaism replaced the Promise to all nations by faith with the old covenant, Gal 3:17. You refuse to accept that verdict.
The term "His people" or even "the people" always refers to Israel. If you'd like to show me where it is otherwise, I will gladly accept it.

Example:
Acts 3:23 (KJV)
(3:23) And it shall come to pass, [that] every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

"The people" refers to Israel.

Another example:
Heb 10:30 (KJV)
(10:30) For we know him that hath said, Vengeance [belongeth] unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

"His people" refers to Israel.

It's so simple that a child can understand it; but you cannot.

Bonus scripture:
Deut 32:36 (KJV)
(32:36) For the LORD shall judge his people, and repent himself for his servants, when he seeth that [their] power is gone, and [there is] none shut up, or left.

Interplanner

You are confused about both what the Bible teaches and what I believe; even though they are the same.

The term "His people" or even "the people" always refers to Israel. If you'd like to show me where it is otherwise, I will gladly accept it.

Example:
Acts 3:23 (KJV)
(3:23) And it shall come to pass, [that] every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

"The people" refers to Israel.

Another example:
Heb 10:30 (KJV)
(10:30) For we know him that hath said, Vengeance [belongeth] unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

"His people" refers to Israel.

It's so simple that a child can understand it; but you cannot.

Bonus scripture:
Deut 32:36 (KJV)
(32:36) For the LORD shall judge his people, and repent himself for his servants, when he seeth that [their] power is gone, and [there is] none shut up, or left.

Did you notice that everything was actually a quote from the OT? In the NT period there are new conceptions. It is defined by faith not race. This starts in the synoptics. Jn 1 says the children of God are not by a husbands act or will or descendancy but born of God.

You can claim bilicality all you want, but only the little part that you prove to be so has any truck with me.

I refuse after being a student of Scripture for these decades to come along to some club on the internet that has pasted bright green decals everywhere saying 'this verse/chapter/book for Jews only.' It is nonsense.

Right Divider

Body part
Did you notice that everything was actually a quote from the OT?
Did you notice that they quote the OT as if they believe it?

In the NT period there are new conceptions.
Most of those "conceptions" are in your mind and from your commentaries.

It is defined by faith not race.
In the new creature there is no male nor female. When God restores Israel, He will fulfill all things that He said to and about Israel.

This starts in the synoptics. Jn 1 says the children of God are not by a husbands act or will or descendancy but born of God.

You can claim bilicality all you want, but only the little part that you prove to be so has any truck with me.

I refuse after being a student of Scripture for these decades to come along to some club on the internet that has pasted bright green decals everywhere saying 'this verse/chapter/book for Jews only.' It is nonsense.
:juggle:

DAN P

The angel who appeared to Joseph said concerning Jesus, "...thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins," Matthew 1:21. Jesus never made a mistake of converting a soul and leaving it under the power of sin. Those who are converted cease to wilfully sin, ie to break God's commandments since sin is defined as "the transgression of the law" - 1John 3:4. The children of God are not saved by their obedience but rather the obedience is the fruit of their new life. Our fruits are our words and deeds.

Hi and the Greek word SHALL SAVE /SOZO is in the Greek FUTURE TENSE , ARTIVE VOICE AND INDICATIVE MOOD !!

The Active voice means that the subject doing the action of saving ? delivering is Jesus !!

The FUTURE RENSE is when Jesus saves / delivers Israel at the end of the Great Tribulation ,

The Indicative Mood means it is a FACT !!

dan p

Interplanner

Did you notice that they quote the OT as if they believe it?

Most of those "conceptions" are in your mind and from your commentaries.

In the new creature there is no male nor female. When God restores Israel, He will fulfill all things that He said to and about Israel.

:juggle:

The fact that they are in the OT means that when Christ speaks of his people in his vineyard in Mt 22, and that the crew has been changed, there is a new conception. THis is not in my mind, it is in some commentaries. You disrupt the conversation and the passage again.

I do believe the OT, and believe that there is a veiled meaning that is misguided, and an unveiled that is in Christ; I do that on the basis of 2 Cor 5.

The Israel that he is going to fulfill them to is the question. It is no longer an ethnic/genetic one. There would be no point in that. It would also be a huge anachronism now that the new age of Christ has come as described in Hebrews.

Prove that Jn 1 is 'only for Jews.'

"On earth, peace and goodwill to men."

"I bring you good news of great joy that will be to all people..."

How many holes does it take in 2P2P before you jump?

Danoh

The fact that they are in the OT means that when Christ speaks of his people in his vineyard in Mt 22, and that the crew has been changed, there is a new conception. THis is not in my mind, it is in some commentaries. You disrupt the conversation and the passage again.

I do believe the OT, and believe that there is a veiled meaning that is misguided, and an unveiled that is in Christ; I do that on the basis of 2 Cor 5.

The Israel that he is going to fulfill them to is the question. It is no longer an ethnic/genetic one. There would be no point in that. It would also be a huge anachronism now that the new age of Christ has come as described in Hebrews.

No; you are the one reading your books based reasoning of men into John 1.

John 1:45 Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.

1:47 Jesus saw Nathanael coming to him, and saith of him, Behold an Israelite indeed, in whom is no guile!

1:49 Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel.

1:51 And he saith unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man.

Luke 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

That is what men will say - "Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you."

The reality?

17:22 And he said unto the disciples, The days will come, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and ye shall not see it. 17:23 And they shall say to you, See here; or, see there: go not after them, nor follow them. 17:24 For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under heaven, shineth unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day. 17:25 But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation.

And what did those two Angels tell His disciples as He was returning back unto the Father?

Acts 1:10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Luke 17:25 But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation.

And then what?

Luke 19:11 And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear. 19:12 He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return. 19:13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come. 19:14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us. 19:15 And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.

When will that be?

Matthew 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. 19:18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, 19:19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 19:20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet? 19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me. 19:22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions. 19:23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. 19:24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

What kingdom?

And when?

19:25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved? 19:26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible. 19:27 Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore? 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 19:29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life. 19:30 But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first.

Reactions: Lon

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
This is a typical teaching of churchianity.

In that context, it is His people Israel. It's not hard to understand.
In what way does He save His people Israel, as compared to the way in which He saves His Body? What's the difference between the saving of the one vs. the saving of the other, from our sins?

Interplanner

In what way does He save His people Israel, as compared to the way in which He saves His Body? What's the difference between the saving of the one vs. the saving of the other, from our sins?

Right, and of course the assessment that this is typical of churchianity is mistaken. I almost never mention my views about these things because I only care to take so much pounding for not being dumb-struck about modern or upcoming Israel. Most of churchianity is very much in love with Israel even if they think there is something amiss about the present one. RD is way off on this.

Danoh

Right, and of course the assessment that this is typical of churchianity is mistaken. I almost never mention my views about these things because I only care to take so much pounding for not being dumb-struck about modern or upcoming Israel. Most of churchianity is very much in love with Israel even if they think there is something amiss about the present one. RD is way off on this.

Note, Nihilo, that Interplanner NEVER quotes Scripture; just his endless writings of men based ideas.

Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

ThreeAngels

Hi and the Greek word SHALL SAVE /SOZO is in the Greek FUTURE TENSE , ARTIVE VOICE AND INDICATIVE MOOD !!

The Active voice means that the subject doing the action of saving ? delivering is Jesus !!

The FUTURE RENSE is when Jesus saves / delivers Israel at the end of the Great Tribulation ,

The Indicative Mood means it is a FACT !!

dan p
Jesus has been saving His people from their sins since the time of Adam who looked with an eye of faith to Him while making the sacrificial offerings. Israel, ie the church, will be spared the plagues of God which will destroy the wicked at the end of the world but this salvation from bodily suffering is not salvation from sin. The prophecy was, "He shall save His people from their sins."

Interplanner

The time of phenomenal turmoil for Israel was the events of 66; the 1st page of the Rev tells us it is current, at hand.

But yes, being justified by Christ from our sins, we will not suffer the fiery end of this world, but will be received into the NHNE.

Right Divider

Body part
Saving from sins is ONE kind of salvation. There are others. You have to read the CONTEXT to know what is being communicated.

Right Divider

Body part

You're attacking your straw-man again, DingleBerry.

dodge

The time of phenomenal turmoil for Israel was the events of 66; the 1st page of the Rev tells us it is current, at hand.

But yes, being justified by Christ from our sins, we will not suffer the fiery end of this world, but will be received into the NHNE.

IP, yes there was tribulation in 66 but the "great tribulation is yet to come".

Rev 7:14
And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Rev 7:15
Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

Rev 7:16
They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.

Rev 7:17
For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

There is a culmination that ends with with no more tears and we are not there yet ! Folks still get hungry and thirsty but soon !!!!