Has All Been Fulfilled? Have Heaven and Earth Passed?

TweetyBird

a great way to keep the sabbath as was their custom...

Every day - 7 days a week? So how is that keeping the Sabbath?

You are really not to be trusted in these conversations.

This is what you said:
"Because they would not be equipped to flee. And apparently, you can be assured they were praying when the Romans surrounded the city and set it on fire, and then they all died anyway."

In reference to Jesus instructing followers to pray that the Sabbath would not be broken by fleeing the future tribulations...that were to come after He returned to heaven.

The temple still existed and the Sabbath was being kept after His return to heaven even...that answers whether or not Jesus expected Sabbath keeping to continue...

and the Sabbath was held beyond one city the Romans lay siege to...they all didn't live in one city

The Romans took over the entire land. Jerusalem was the last seige. Don't you read history?

Story: Constantine to make official worship on Sunday, ridiculed the joos for their attempts to keep the festivals, often times having to do them twice a year because they without the temple would loose count of their festival appointments. Various members would travel around the regions and would update and correct themselves their timing...well Constantine had enough of waiting for them to figure it out each year. He wanted to celebrate his pagan Easter so he just simply fixed it to the solstice and was done with it...

That is a complete myth. How sad that you resort to such dribble at this point of the discussion. PLEASE STOP SAYING "JOOS". It is disrespectful and quite honestly, with you pushing to keep a Jewish Sabbath, it makes you look ridiculous.

Would you believe that Sabbath keeping continued even by the early church up to the time of Constantine's desire to make Sunday official? And beyond...

NO, it did not. There is ZERO evidence of that. Christianity, including Jewish believers gathered on Sunday long before Constantine.

“We bless the Maker of all through His Son Jesus Christ, and through the Holy Ghost. And on the day called Sunday, all who live in cities or in the country gather together to one place, and the memoirs of the apostles or the writings of the prophets are read, as long as time permit” (Justin Martyr, Apol. 67, A.D. 110–165)

"Wherefore, also, we keep the eighth day with joyfulness, the day also on which Jesus rose again from the dead” (Epistle of Barnabas 15, A.D. 100)

"for to the heathens each festive day occurs but once annually: you have a festive day every eighth day" (Tertullian, On Idolatry, A.D. 145–220)

He is Lord of the Sabbath He can't be both.

Is He your Lord and Savior? Does He live in you? Are you in Him? Do you live and breathe because of Him? Is He the Bishop and Savior of your soul? Is the peace of Christ in you? Do you believe Jesus when He said rest was in Him?

One can't be Lord of London and the city of London...or Lord of the Rings and the Rings...or lord of the flies and be the flies...you really have a hard time with metaphors don't you...

None of that has anything to do with the Lord Jesus Christ being our Sabbath rest. Your arguments are getting weaker and weaker and now are making no sense at all.

It was exemplified by the believers and Paul said don't let any man judge you in keeping it...for keeping it...but only the church

Paul said not to judge because we are all part of the body of Christ now, and it's not about keeping a day or a feast any longer. If you want to keep the Sabbath or even go to church on whatever day you choose, they that day is made unto the Lord for you. If you choose not to call a certain day as to the Lord but live each day in Him as Lord of every day - that is up to you. But to mock and deride the Jewish people so you can have your Sabbath rest like it's the only way which is correct, you are sadly mistaken.

Besides just as with good kids...once is enough for those desiring to be obedient...

Once is enough? Where do you get that from?

TweetyBird

yup and He did actually that on the seventh day of Creation all day. Sanctifying the day He did so and making it Holy as His Day different from the other days and as a memorial to all Creation. As if He needed to be reminded...

A memorial, not a command to cease work until it was given only to the Jews. No such commandment exists in the new covenant.

yup not Jesus but a day and promised land

Jesus is the Day and the Promised Land. The Kingdom of God is within.

we are in Him because we obey...His commandments His way...if we don't we are not in Him...

Then why are you not keeping the commandment of the Sabbath as God instructed?

we are also temples those with circumcised hearts and ears...

We are obedient if we believe on Jesus Christ, love God above all, and love others. We are temples of the Holy Spirit - that makes us resting in His Temple, which is Jesus Christ.

believe as you choose but what you believe is not in the text...until it says "for I am the Sabbath and meek and lowly in heart" or some other variation of "I am the Sabbath replacing what was known as a Sabbath day" it does not read what you want it to read to believe what you want it to say.

Heb 4
8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of ANOTHER DAY. 9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. 10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. 11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of UNBELIEF.

Others believe He is in the bread they eat on Sundays but that is not in the text either as He clarified it that flesh profits nothing but it is the Spirit that is Life the Words that He speaks...some also believe He is the golden calf...but well...

I don't believe the Bread of Heaven aka Jesus is physical bread, just as I do not believe the Sabbath Rest is a physical day of rest. The flesh proves nothing, as you wrote. Physical rest is resting the flesh. The Sabbath Day in Christ is not resting the flesh. It is rest for the soul, non stop forever without end, and that is only found by belief in, and remaining in Christ.

Your attempt at slander is through distortion and deception...again...really getting tired of it

I have slandered no one. However; what about your slander of the Jewish people? Does that count or not?

I never claimed I was God...you said no one ever kept Sabbath before the Exodus or something like that to which I said God did and that is enough for me...should have said more than enough...

I simply asked you if you thought you were God and created the world that you should rest like He did on the 7th day? He never told anyone to rest on that day until He gave it to Israel as a shadow of Christ. Jesus never told anyone to rest on the Sabbath. He did tell us that He is the Sabbath Rest and therefore, in Him, the Sabbath rest is eternal. He is the eternal Sabbath. It is not just a day any longer - it is forever.

The creation that God made is scheduled to be destroyed - to go up in flames. It is corrupt. Time for a new one. That is why a physical day of rest means nothing anymore. Once Jesus came, the world was headed for total destruction. No mention of new sabbath when God creates a new heaven and a new earth. I find that quite interesting and revealing.

But you never answered: is that kingdom lawless?

What kingdom?

Lilstu

The covenant of Moses Law required circumcision.

John 7:23
If a man on the sabbath day receive circumcision, that the law of Moses should not be broken; are ye angry at me, because I have made a man every whit whole on the sabbath day?

Jesus fulfilled all the Law, covenant, promises given to Abraham and Israel. The old covenants no longer remain, they have been satisfied in Christ. [the only covenant that remains is the one God gave to Noah - and we get to see rainbows often to remind us :rain::cloud9:

Abraham never received the promised land.

clefty

Here is what you call dribble:

Excerpts from the letter of the Emperor (Constantine) to all those not present at the council. (Found in Eusebius, Vita ConsL, Lib 11118-20)

"We ought not therefore to have anything in common with the Jews, for the Savior has shown us another way; our worship following a more legitimate and more convenient course (the order of the days of the week): And consequently In unanimously adopting this mode, we desire, dearest brethren to separate ourselves for it is truly shameful for us to hear them boast that without their direction we could not keep this feast How can they be in the right, they who, after the death of the Savior; have no longer been led by reason but by wild violence, as their delusion may urge them? They do not possess the truth in This Easter question, for in their blindness and repugnance to all Improvements, they frequently celebrate two Passovers in the same year. We could not imitate those who are openly in error. How then, could we follow these Jews who are most certainly blinded by error? For to celebrate a Passover twice in one year is totally inadmissible."

http://bobsstudies.tripod.com/constanstine/

The irony of you following the tradition of an official church so bigoted...

clefty

The day is reckoned from evening to evening — i.e., night and day — except in reference to sacrifices, where daytime and the night following constitute one day.
(http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/5007-day)​

And?

They worship Me in vain;

they teach as doctrine the precepts of men.’ 8You have disregarded the commandment of God to keep the tradition of men.” 9He went on to say, “You neatly set aside the commandment of God to maintain your own tradition...

http://discoveryupdate.com/article10.htm

He was right about them...

clefty

PLEASE STOP SAYING "JOOS". It is disrespectful and quite honestly, with you pushing to keep a Jewish Sabbath, it makes you look ridiculous

Pushing what type of Sabbath? That's why I spell the way I do...I mock those that think they own and run everything...lol

As if it's theirs...He had harsher words for them...as did Luther...and others

but let the deceptions continue...and let those that have ears, hear...

Saving my pearls...