Has All Been Fulfilled? Have Heaven and Earth Passed?

clefty

There is no division of time in Christ. He is the end and the beginning, forever without end.

Doesn't the day have 12 hours? Even He understands the literal world the one we live in now. As He understood the Sabbath...and said don't think I came to destroy it or replace it or become it...by making Him a period of time and replacing it you reject the miracle and meaning of the word becoming flesh...infinite becoming finite...

Jesus and Joshua are the same name. Joshua is the long form, Yeshua is the shortened form - which I have already posted. There are also how many 10 of 1000s of men named "Jesus" [Spanish - Hey-soos]. They are not all Jesus Christ, are they? How many 10s of 1000s of men have been named Joshua? They are not all Jesus Christ, are they?
Jesus and Joshua are not the same name as they use different letters...

And Jesus and Sabbath are not the same catagory...one is a person the other a period of time

If we are at Rest in Christ, then He is all the rest we need. He did not say come to me on the Sabbath and I will give you rest.

Again you twist it. But it actually is closer to what He said. He said "Keep MY commandments" which include Sabbath rest. Certainly doing His Father's will includes keeping the Sabbath so there ya go...ya get literal rest at a specific time when you go to Him.

But the irony is that if Jesus would have given rest there would not have remained a Sabbath keeping. But He didn't thus there remains a Sabbath keeping

Matthew 11:28-30
Come unto me I AM THE SABBATH DAY, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest BECAUSE I AM TH SABBATH DAY. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Had to fix it AGAIN to say what you want it to

Equating Him with a literal week day would make Him available only that time frame...odd

Heb 4
Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Yup...we which have believed DO enter rest...since creation...every Sabbath and next verse exactly clarifies He is talking about a 1/7 literal seventh day...

The Sabbath is no longer a literal day.
yes it is

just like we are still not to literally kill or literally fornicate or literally steal...

Exactly which day are you going to observe as being "God's Day of Rest" as the 7th day? If you are in Israel, it started on Friday. If you are in America, it started on Saturday. If you are in Australia, it's today [Sunday].
desperate and histrionic you are being silly...you worship where you are on the seventh day time frame you are in...

John said it was from the beginning, when Jesus came to earth. He repeats some of what he wrote in John 1.

1 John 1
7 Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; 2 (for the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us; ) 3 that which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. 4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.

did you catch the "I write NO NEW commandment unto you"...?

John 1
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Jesus said it was a new commandment. New law, new commandment. "new" means fresh, brand new.

John 13:34
A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

1 John 2
8 Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth. 9 He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now. 10 He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him. 11 But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.

two things

it was new because no one in history had Him literally exmplify how to love each other...

second point: your love is not AS His as He loved with a Sabbath Day rest...

clefty

You are "making it about" literal Israel.
you are being deceitful...

You were claiming Israel had nothing to do with salvation when I was speaking of the Sabbath...and as for Israel not having a part in that you might reconsider the literal context salvation came to us in...

I am making it about a literal day of rest that existed prior Israel...holy and sancatified separated to remind all who the Creator is...

They didn't kill Stephan because the Jews wanted the "church" for themselves. :hammer:

The "church in the wilderness" was allegorical for all those who believed the Promise, the faithful saints of old - Abraham's Seed > Jesus Christ.
they would stone you too as that statement means the promise is not theirs alone as He was for ALL...just as the Sabbath was...

That bride is not Israel, it's one new man and it's called the "body of Christ, His church".

Not temporal Zionist state Israel no of course not...but it is also known as the Israel of God...or my favorite the church in the wilderness...

clefty

The commandments that God gave to Israel for keeping the Sabbath were stringent, uncompromising, a burden and a yoke put upon them. It was not rest - it was forced submission or they were cursed. They also had to offer sacrifices, be confined to home, light no fire [winter got cold], etc. How you think that was not a burden? Hebrews 3 states that they NEVER entered God's rest because of unbelief.

Heb 3 states they never entered the promised land...the literal land beyond the literal Jordan...because they did not believe...

You are really being sloppy...purposefully I imagine

Even those who did not enter their promised land still received manna but not on the Sabbaths they entered...ya dig?

clefty

Most of the Law. Some of the commandments were not for outsiders. Circumcision was required. I just quoted Joshua. Maybe he got it wrong?
To enter the promised land...not to leave Egypt or travel along. Of the nation of Israel it was required and since they hadn't as they were traveling they had to now...

Where is "spiritual Israel" mentioned in the text?

You're right...I much prefer "those of the faith are sons of Abraham...heirs"

Or did the "New" Covenant fulfill, anull, destroy that one too...

clefty

The disciples were not bringing offerings to the Temple in order to keep the Sabbath. They went to the Temple to preach the Gospel 7 days a week. Just like Jesus preached and did His Father's work 7 days a week.
a great way to keep the sabbath as was their custom...

Ummmm - no. Without the Temple, no Sabbath.

You are really not to be trusted in these conversations.

This is what you said:
"Because they would not be equipped to flee. And apparently, you can be assured they were praying when the Romans surrounded the city and set it on fire, and then they all died anyway."

In reference to Jesus instructing followers to pray that the Sabbath would not be broken by fleeing the future tribulations...that were to come after He returned to heaven.

The temple still existed and the Sabbath was being kept after His return to heaven even...that answers whether or not Jesus expected Sabbath keeping to continue...

and the Sabbath was held beyond one city the Romans lay siege to...they all didn't live in one city

Story: Constantine to make official worship on Sunday, ridiculed the joos for their attempts to keep the festivals, often times having to do them twice a year because they without the temple would loose count of their festival appointments. Various members would travel around the regions and would update and correct themselves their timing...well Constantine had enough of waiting for them to figure it out each year. He wanted to celebrate his pagan Easter so he just simply fixed it to the solstice and was done with it...

Would you believe that Sabbath keeping continued even by the early church up to the time of Constantine's desire to make Sunday official? And beyond...

Jesus is Temple, indicating He is the Sabbath Rest.
He is Lord of the Sabbath He can't be both.

One can't be Lord of London and the city of London...or Lord of the Rings and the Rings...or lord of the flies and be the flies...you really have a hard time with metaphors don't you...

The Sabbath is not mentioned again after Acts, but once, indicating that it was no longer important. If it was, it would have been preached repeatedly like the other commandments of the Law of Christ.

It was exemplified by the believers and Paul said don't let any man judge you in keeping it...for keeping it...but only the church

Besides just as with good kids...once is enough for those desiring to be obedient...

Last edited:

clefty

The word "Sabbath" mean rest, it does not mean the "7th day" or "a day".

Sabbath:

shâbath
shaw-bath'
A primitive root; to repose, that is, desist from exertion; used in many implied relations (causatively, figuratively or specifically): - (cause to, let, make to) cease, celebrate, cause (make) to fail, keep (sabbath), suffer to be lacking, leave, put away (down), (make to) rest, rid, still, take away.
yup and He did actually that on the seventh day of Creation all day. Sanctifying the day He did so and making it Holy as His Day different from the other days and as a memorial to all Creation. As if He needed to be reminded...

Prophecy of Jesus Christ:

1 Chronicles 23:25
For David said, The Lord God of Israel hath given rest unto his people, that they may dwell in Jerusalem for ever:
yup not Jesus but a day and promised land

One rests in the Lord:

Psalm 37:7
Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.

Psalm 132:8
Arise, O Lord, into thy rest; thou, and the ark of thy strength.

Isaiah 30:15
For thus saith the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel; In returning and rest shall ye be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength: and ye would not.
we are in Him because we obey...His commandments His way...if we don't we are not in Him...

Where is the place of God's rest? In His Son, He is the Temple not built with hands.

Isaiah 66:1
Thus saith the Lord, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?

Acts 7
47 But Solomon built him an house. 48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet, 49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest? 50 Hath not my hand made all these things? 51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.
we are also temples those with circumcised hearts and ears...

I believe He did.

Matt 11
28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

believe as you choose but what you believe is not in the text...until it says "for I am the Sabbath and meek and lowly in heart" or some other variation of "I am the Sabbath replacing what was known as a Sabbath day" it does not read what you want it to read to believe what you want it to say.

Others believe He is in the bread they eat on Sundays but that is not in the text either as He clarified it that flesh profits nothing but it is the Spirit that is Life the Words that He speaks...some also believe He is the golden calf...but well...

You are not God, unless of course you helped Him create the world and everything in it?

Your attempt at slander is through distortion and deception...again...really getting tired of it

I never claimed I was God...you said no one ever kept Sabbath before the Exodus or something like that to which I said God did and that is enough for me...should have said more than enough...

But you never answered: is that kingdom lawless?

clefty

Eternal rest is not future, it's now and forever. We are citizens of Heaven and have been translated into His Kingdom aka the Promised Land - Heb 11.

A Sabbath keeping remains as we have not yet entered the promised land...we haven't even entered eternal life as we are all going to die unless He comes again soon...HalleluYah and then only if we are judged acceptable to enter being circumcised of ears and hearts...covered by Him.

We can believe we are "in" but we must work out our salvation with fear and trembling...

There is no such thing as "kosher" in the Mosaic Law. "Kosher" is a rabbinical term referring to the Talmudic food restrictions. Most of which are not found in the Mosaic Law.
there was clean and unclean and yes most of the rest were indeed added later by rabbinic tradition and such...but eating food offered to idols eating blood and meat strangled was forbidden...and then also to the Gentiles crowding the synagogues every Sabbath to hear Moses read to them...

I have never stated such a thing.
Sabbath was only for Israel is exactly that...

What?????????
is what He called them...maybe that's why the disciples were hiding from fear of them that first day of the week...and not celebrating His resurrection...

Jesus said that prophets spoke of Him. That was His point. He did not say, the law and prophets are for today.
He didn't have to...THAT THEY WERE NOT WAS NEVER EVEN CONSIDERED BACK THEN...duh

They were the shadow, not the Light.
this is really getting old...you make Paul a liar as he said they ARE a shadow...still pointing to Him

His words are inspired Scripture.
yup even the part that says we should pray that the Sabbath keeping be not disrupted by tribulations...

Once again, why do you judge me on something that I never stated?

Did you invent worship on Sunday?

Matt 28
In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre. 2 And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it. 3 His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow: 4 and for fear of him the keepers did shake, and became as dead men. 5 And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified. 6 He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.

So...Sabbath is ended, the ladies show up as it began to dawn on the first day...big earthquake and an angel descends and what? Rolls away the stone? Hey LOOK!

TOMB IS EMPTY...He was risen...as the angel said...when did He rise?

Mark 16
2 And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun. 3 And they said among themselves, Who shall roll us away the stone from the door of the sepulchre? 4 And when they looked, they saw that the stone was rolled away: for it was very great. 5 And entering into the sepulchre, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, clothed in a long white garment; and they were affrighted. 6 And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen; he is not here: behold the place where they laid him.
again early first day what was found? EMPTY TOMB well sorry...young man sitting on the right side...but he did say He is risen...NOT HERE

Luke 24
Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them. 2 And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulcher.
yup again...no witness to Him rising

that morning they found only the stone rolled away...HE WAS GONE

All of the writers of the first century all refer to Jesus rising on the first day of the week or as it was called then, the "8th day".
I don't care...so what if Satan has been busy...

There is no evidence that proves Jesus arose on the Sabbath. Not one shred of evidence.

That you will accept...

DISOBEDIANT Christians began celebrating the resurrection of Christ and worshiping Him the day He arose.

There fixed it for you...

The Gospel was preached - first to the woman, then they preached to the disciples.

Read the Gospel accounts.
ok...but to read about what? worship on Sunday? Not gonna be in there...

Countless opportunities for Sunday worship to be clearly written in scripture or modeled but only a few misinterpreted texts desperately insisted upon...

Eighth day...LOL

Lilstu

Isaiah 66:22-24Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain. 23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord. 24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

Doesn't this testify that the Sabbath is forever?

clefty

Jesus never said stated that.
did so...

I was referring to the Mosaic Law, not the pharisees.

I think that's about enough I can take of your deceptions and distortions

This is what you were referring to:

"What about a required Sabbath with stringent rules is not a burden?"

To which I responded about His teaching of its spirit not the added burdens and traditions of man.

The Law was not simplified, it was changed. The old was rendered incomplete. Hatred equals murder, murder is murder.
the sin begins in the heart...uncircumcised heart I might add...

I never said the law was simplified, "as if" dismisses it was made easier...the Law was made more stringent, because He revealed it pointed to not only the sin but the origin of it...

The Spirit was not sent for us to keep the Mosaic Law, but bear the fruit of the Spirit and walk in love.
funny how YOU bring up Mosiac Law when I speak of loving AS He did...living AS He did...walking AS He did...

you would miss the Sunday Ham He would never offer would you?

clefty

Israel did not have rest granted to them because they were in unbelief. Rest is in Christ. The Sabbath was a shadow of the rest we have in Christ. We are no longer in the shadows, but rest in the Light, who is Christ Jesus.
it is getting really really old now...you distort and deceive and make Pual and Him out to be liars...Sabbath IS a shadow...

You might be ENTIRELY missing what is being said in this text as a better translation is

"Let no man judge you...but the body of Christ" as in only His Church...

http://www.churchofgodacf.ca/q-a-7975/

So well ya got some homework to do...

Jesus changed that to what is in one's heart as equal to what one does "temporally".
so it's okay to kill without hate...commit adultery as long as we don't ogle with lust? You really are getting desperate here...nothing was changed just better understood.

Jesus changed that as well. Put your treasure in Heaven, not in earthly things and desires. Do not make friends with the world, man cannot serve two masters, etc. Stealing is not living righteously, etc.
does that cancel out the don't steal here on earth? All those other tid bits are freebies to help make sense of our temporal world as we attempt to see more spiritually...but none of that changed certainly cancelled or destroyed the Law previously given...as if the book of proverbs cancels the Torah...

Eden was only temporal aka temporary. Unless you think God was surprised when Adam and Eve ate the fruit they were commanded not to eat? I don't see that that has to do with being in Christ. We are to view life through the Spirit, not through temporal means. Temporal is only temporary - like Eden. Earth time is only temporary. We are aliens and strangers here - our eyes are on eternity.

LOL wow really? Eden was to be only temporary? What if Adam and Eve would have obeyed and been faithful in all things?

You would already be keeping Sabbath with your Creator. This whole sin thing was a detour that caused the Law to be revealed...and the Savior.

NOW through Him...mercy and grace could be proven...and through His Eden memorial Sabbath keeping...keeping the promise...of eternal rest.

We were not meant to be here on this earth temporarily...we are to be removed for a cleansing and then returned to it...it was made for us...it and its seven day weekly cycle...we are to live TEMPORALLY FOREVER here.

And as Isaiah said...worshipping SABBATH TO SABBATH.

The temporal cannot teach us of Christ.
it all points to Him

Only when one has been born again with Spirit and Water are one's eyes opened.
As you see Him now they were told He will return...hope your temporal eyes see Him.

The Law of Moses did no good for Israel.
sure it did...saved them until they broke it...

They could not see their Savior because the temporal blinded them - they had a veil over they eyes and still do to this day. It was not until after Christ arose that the shadows were exposed in His Light.

What blinded them was not temporal...but their uncircumcised hearts...even His light can't expose that shadow

Law cannot point out "literal sin" anymore.
wow...really?

The sin that now separates people from God is unbelief.
is what separated back then too...and from the beginning...

Even unbelievers can keep the 10 commandments. They are still sinners in God's eyes.
ALL have sinned...you keep making Paul a liar...no one can keep the law...some us merely try...

Only the Righteousness of God in Christ can change that.
He doesn't even get us to keep the law just covers it up that we don't...

That is a pretty convoluted view of the work of the Holy Spirit.

How so? The Spirit drives out the origin of sin which the Law point out

But only if we ask...

Physical labor has nothing to do with salvation or resting in Christ Jesus.

One of the reasons early Christianity was so embraced by the slave and working classes is that they were given a sabbath rest...

No, I disagree. Our bodies need rest, but that is not what saves us or makes us a child of God.
but it does make us grateful we were created by a Creator who gave us the ability to rest...and a time and times to do it...that is enough.

I don't get days off. Millions of people do not. I am blessed by God to have no physical day of rest. I am doing His work 24/7 as He prepared for me to do. Not taking a nap on Sunday ...LOL LOL LOL

Posting distortion and deceptions all part of that is it?

If the Sabbath does not bring salvation, then it is no longer important. The day is no longer a day, but a place and that place of rest is in Christ.

The Sabbath was always about time and place...seventh day in Eden...never about salvation...It was instituted before there was need for salvation. DONE.

The Savior came after Sabbath...it gives Him authority...hence Lord of the Sabbath...

And when we are temporally here again in the earth made new...Isaiah will hopefully tell even you..."told ya so...Sabbath to Sabbath..."

clefty

Isaiah 66:22-24Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain. 23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord. 24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

Doesn't this testify that the Sabbath is forever?

Yup...But some people like to make Isaiah and others out to be liars...

TweetyBird

That explains everything...What you read and what is written are not the same thing...

"Come unto Me and I will give you rest" is NOT "come unto Me I am the Sabbath day"

What is written is that Jesus will give us rest. The Sabbath is rest. It's not about taking a day off from work anymore. The Sabbath was a shadow of eternal rest in Christ. The Law of Moses was earthly, carnal - it pointed to something coming that was superior - that which is in Christ Jesus > better promises, not earthly, but spiritual and Heavenly that are eternal.

Gal 5 shows us what is unacceptable and what is required by the Lord. The Sabbath is not listed.

Gal 5
13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another. 14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another. 16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. 18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21 envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. 24 And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

TweetyBird

Some interesting interpretations out there...won't be long before someone reads it as:

Sabbath was given to only Israel...and Jesus is just for those who are weary and only those with a heavy burden...

Jesus is just for those who are weary and heavy burdened - it's called the "wages of sin is death". In Him, there is no burden of sin - we can rest from our labors and find rest in Him.

TweetyBird

you are being deceitful...

You were claiming Israel had nothing to do with salvation when I was speaking of the Sabbath...and as for Israel not having a part in that you might reconsider the literal context salvation came to us in...

Jesus did not say that Israel is the way of salvation. Jesus was referring to the promise/prophecy that the Savior would come FROM THE JEWS, not that salvation is Jewish. The Jewish way for forgiveness of sins was through the shed blood of animals.

I am making it about a literal day of rest that existed prior Israel...holy and sancatified separated to remind all who the Creator is...

There was no literal day of rest for mankind before God gave the Sabbath to Israel. Gen 1 states that GOD rested, not mankind.

clefty

What is written is that Jesus will give us rest. The Sabbath is rest. It's not about taking a day off from work anymore. The Sabbath was a shadow of eternal rest in Christ. The Law of Moses was earthly, carnal - it pointed to something coming that was superior - that which is in Christ Jesus > better promises, not earthly, but spiritual and Heavenly that are eternal.

Gal 5 shows us what is unacceptable and what is required by the Lord. The Sabbath is not listed.

Gal 5
13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another. 14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another. 16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. 18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21 envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. 24 And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

Yes the temporal the flesh is against the Spirit...

"But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law."

Because led by the Spirit we are not breaking the law...as if the Spirit would have us do so...lead us to Sunday Ham...

lol

Instructions for building a birdhouse do not include breathing...hopefully you do so naturally

Sabbath to them was as natural as breathing and was never in dispute...

Last edited:

TweetyBird

Doesn't the day have 12 hours? Even He understands the literal world the one we live in now. As He understood the Sabbath...and said don't think I came to destroy it or replace it or become it...by making Him a period of time and replacing it you reject the miracle and meaning of the word becoming flesh...infinite becoming finite...

God's time is not our time. You are lifting up the Sabbath, when the Lord Jesus Christ is our Rest.

Jesus and Joshua are not the same name as they use different letters...

I was referring to Biblical use. All those called Jesus and Joshua were not the same person. All those called Jesus and Joshua today are not the same persons - but the name comes from the same root word in the Hebrew.

And Jesus and Sabbath are not the same catagory...one is a person the other a period of time

Jesus is infinite - sounds like a period of time to me :) The Beginning and the End. What better way to understand the beauty of the true Sabbath rest in Christ - for all eternity without end. I choose that Sabbath.

Again you twist it. But it actually is closer to what He said. He said "Keep MY commandments" which include Sabbath rest. Certainly doing His Father's will includes keeping the Sabbath so there ya go...ya get literal rest at a specific time when you go to Him.

Jesus did not say to keep the Mosaic Law. His commandments were not the Law of Moses, but something new and different - something the people had never heard before. There is no need for literal physical rest in Christ. It's what we do for others that is our focus. Physical rest can be attained many different ways and different days. We do not need to make it about a commandment, when there is none in the NT. In fact, none of the Mosaic Law was given as a commandment in the NT. Anything from the Law of Moses that appears to be carried over, has a new definition and a new way to apply it that cannot be found in the OT.

But the irony is that if Jesus would have given rest there would not have remained a Sabbath keeping. But He didn't thus there remains a Sabbath keeping

What a convoluted way to interpret Heb 3. If Jesus had not given them rest, then how can there remain a Sabbath keeping???? :dizzy:

Matthew 11:28-30
Come unto me I AM THE SABBATH DAY, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest BECAUSE I AM TH SABBATH DAY. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Had to fix it AGAIN to say what you want it to

Jesus fixed it.

Matthew 12:8
For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

Equating Him with a literal week day would make Him available only that time frame...odd

No, you are still trying to force something into the Scripture that I have not stated. There is no time frame in Christ, none, nada, zilch, never.

Heb 4
Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Yup...we which have believed DO enter rest...since creation...every Sabbath and next verse exactly clarifies He is talking about a 1/7 literal seventh day...

So you only rest on the Sabbath Day and have no rest at any other time? So you can only rest in Christ on the Sabbath Day and when your life is in turmoil and trouble you cannot find rest in Christ at that moment, but must wait until the Sabbath Day? So is that day on Fri or Sat or Sun - depending on where you are on the earth?

yes it is

just like we are still not to literally kill or literally fornicate or literally steal...

desperate and histrionic you are being silly...you worship where you are on the seventh day time frame you are in...

uhhh ... nope. According to the Mosaic Law that "time frame" was in Israel at a place that God designated, and offering the required sacrifices. You are not keeping HIS SABBATH as HE gave it are you?

did you catch the "I write NO NEW commandment unto you"...?

It was not new when John wrote it because Jesus had said it years before. Then John explains that it is a new commandment from the beginning of Jesus' ministry and that it was the most important thing that He taught. Which is why John spent the entire book of 1 John teaching on love for one another and belief in Jesus Christ.

two things

it was new because no one in history had Him literally exmplify how to love each other...

He didn't exemplify it, He taught a new way to love, something that people were just not doing or taught to do. Why is that? Because the Law of Moses was carnal, incomplete, unable to teach people how to be spiritually minded. We need Jesus for that and it completely changes what was written in the Law of Moses and puts it to shame.

second point: your love is not AS His as He loved with a Sabbath Day rest...

Huh? You are going to have to unpack that a better way.

TweetyBird

Heb 3 states they never entered the promised land...the literal land beyond the literal Jordan...because they did not believe...

No - it would not say that because Israel did enter the promised land and fulfilled all the prophecy concerning it - per Joshua 21. The writer was speaking of belief. They could not enter the Sabbath rest because of unbelief. So the writer states the Sabbath rest is actually belief. We have to labor into belief - and that would be in Christ, not a day. The text says another day and another place. That is not the 7th Day Sabbath. It's Jesus Christ. He is the Day Star, the Day of His Crucifixion and Resurrection are the days we live in for all eternity - that is the promised land.

You are really being sloppy...purposefully I imagine

Even those who did not enter their promised land still received manna but not on the Sabbaths they entered...ya dig?

Israel did not receive manna in the promised land. Manna was given to them during their 40 years of wandering in the wilderness. The Promised Land was "flowing with milk and honey".

TweetyBird

To enter the promised land...not to leave Egypt or travel along. Of the nation of Israel it was required and since they hadn't as they were traveling they had to now...

The covenant of Moses Law required circumcision.

John 7:23
If a man on the sabbath day receive circumcision, that the law of Moses should not be broken; are ye angry at me, because I have made a man every whit whole on the sabbath day?

You're right...I much prefer "those of the faith are sons of Abraham...heirs"

Or did the "New" Covenant fulfill, anull, destroy that one too...

Jesus fulfilled all the Law, covenant, promises given to Abraham and Israel. The old covenants no longer remain, they have been satisfied in Christ. [the only covenant that remains is the one God gave to Noah - and we get to see rainbows often to remind us :rain::cloud9: