Halloween

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
OK! I admit it! I was a bad kid on Halloween. I rolled and kicked pumpkins. My poor mama, she never knew anything about doing bad things on Halloween!

I knew all these dirty tricks and my kids did not do these nasty things, or I would know and punish them!

Their kids never had the same Halloween; it was more like kids going to private parties. Why? From what I remember they worried about the safety aspect for kids, not their potential bad behaviour.

glorydaz

OK! I admit it! I was a bad kid on Halloween. I rolled and kicked pumpkins. My poor mama, she never knew anything about doing bad things on Halloween!

I knew all these dirty tricks and my kids did not do these nasty things, or I would know and punish them!

Their kids never had the same Halloween; it was more like kids going to private parties. Why? From what I remember they worried about the safety aspect for kids, not their potential bad behaviour.

Now we know. I doubt you'll ever live this one down. :chuckle:

Danoh

I know I was bad. It was when I was about 10 years old. Then, when I was about age 13, I regretted it! :cry: I am so very sorry!

Time you turn that trick on your mind in for this treat - Col. 2:

10. And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
11. In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
12. Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
13. And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
14. Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
15. And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
16. Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17. Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Trade in the shadow of the past for the substance of today.

:)

Danoh

They make good pie:chew:

Yum; that they do.

And I remember once when I came home from Trick or Treating with a whole shopping bag filled to the top with candy. I hit some high rises and there were all these people just dying to see young faces saying "trick or treat" and I was the only one!

What a feast that was for some time to come...

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

I found out much later that my now 50-year-old sister went around with her friends one Halloween and put hogs' heads in a bunch of mailboxes. Somebody found a big dump of heads at some farm and put them to good use.

I forgave her, though. I was a member of the same family she was and I did my share of "nasties" on Halloween as well. I was a kid at one time and so was my sister.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Time you turn that trick on your mind in for this treat - Col. 2:

Trade in the shadow of the past for the substance of today.

:)

I was ten years old. I have not vandalized any property since I was around twelve years old.

Do you not see I may have changed in 60 years time?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I found out much later that my now 50-year-old sister went around with her friends one Halloween and put hogs' heads in a bunch of mailboxes. Somebody found a big dump of heads at some farm and put them to good use.

I forgave her, though. I was a member of the same family she was and I did my share of "nasties" on Halloween as well. I was a kid at one time and so was my sister.

The old hogs head in the mailbox trick, I see. Those were really big mailboxes.

I never did that, only rolled, soaped and kicked pumpkins. I never threw eggs, although I watch some neighborhood boys throw eggs.

Most of the kids aged out of this behavour by the age of 13. The lesson I learned, for later life is, children after age nine are not usually limited in their interest in bagging candy, and when those bags, which usually become fuller with age, suddenly become lite, then one must consider they might be up to mischief.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Kat,

Have your ninja outfit and night-vision goggles ready when I come to pick you up with a case of toilet paper in the trunk.

glorydaz

Kat,

Have your ninja outfit and night-vision goggles ready when I come to pick you up with a case of toilet paper in the trunk.

Oh no. See what happens when you divulge too much information, Kat? I knew this was going to happen. I just had a glimmer....