Halloween

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The shelves are already stocked for candy and decorations.
I heard a report that said Halloween has outsold Christmas for a couple of years.

How crazy do you get for Halloween?

Synchronized light show to Thriller:
Thriller

heir

TOL Subscriber
My children love Halloween; not for what it represents, but for the free candy! :chew: They usually make their own costumes. And although the town we live close to goes all out and everyone flocks there, my children have figured out that because our neighborhood gets less traffic, they don't have to wait as long at the door for the treats and the people give them candy by the handfuls! :banana:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Its weird to me that they say sales are that high, because ive noticed the last few years it seems less people even have their lights on for trick or treaters, and i just take mine to a church event and then a little door to door trick or treating afterward.

I used to dress up myself also while taking my kids out, till people kept trying to give me candy too lol

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My children love Halloween; not for what it represents, but for the free candy! :chew: They usually make their own costumes. And although the town we live close to goes all out and everyone flocks there, my children have figured out that because our neighborhood gets less traffic, they don't have to wait as long at the door for the treats and the people give them candy by the handfuls! :banana:
I remember the first time we got a store bought costume.
We really thought we were something!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Its weird to me that they say sales are that high, because ive noticed the last few years it seems less people even have their lights on for trick or treaters, and i just take mine to a church event and then a little door to door trick or treating afterward.
That may be why sales have gone up. Creating several 'big carnivals'. All that supplies has to be purchased. Plus decorations. Plus candy galore! And usually prizes.

I used to dress up myself also while taking my kids out, till people kept trying to give me candy too lol
hehe!

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
That may be why sales have gone up. Creating several 'big carnivals'. All that supplies has to be purchased. Plus decorations. Plus candy galore! And usually prizes.

hehe!

Thats true, the church event is called trunk or treat and they have tons of trunks open with people sitting at each one handing out candy for rows and rows and they serve free hot dogs, chips and drinks, cotton candy and snow cones and have lots of games inside (where you also win candy) cake walks and bounce houses and a huge raffle of nice items. Unbelievable amounts of people at it.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My little neighborhood usually all end up in one's front yard.

We set up two card tables. One for cards and one for dominoes.
And we all bring snacks and drinks, and of course candy bars to pass out to trick or treaters.

One neighbor has a portable fire pit. We use it if the weather is chilly that night.
I think we have more fun than the kids do!

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I've not been a big holiday person since I became an adult. My birthday's five days before Christmas and my mom made me decide whether I wanted a birthday present (never had a party) or a Christmas present. And, because I was the oldest of three girls, I didn't get a costume for Halloween but my sisters did.

I kept up appearances for my daughter until she moved into her own apartment. I suppose that, if I ever have grandchildren, I will keep up appearances then. I live in a rural neighborhood. On Halloween, all of the adults drive up and down the road with little bags of candy for the kids so that they don't have to walk long distances to the neighbors. :chuckle:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
My little neighborhood usually all end up in one's front yard.

We set up two card tables. One for cards and one for dominoes.
And we all bring snacks and drinks, and of course candy bars to pass out to trick or treaters.

One neighbor has a portable fire pit. We use it if the weather is chilly that night.
I think we have more fun than the kids do!

That sounds like a blast!

Foxfire

I have a shop in an urban downtown area where the local shops give candy to trick-or-treaters so that they have a safe well lighted place to go.

We expect over 2,500 ghosts, ghouls and goblins to come by this year. At LEAST one time each!

We went through more than 50 pounds of penny candy last year. :shocked:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
281505_211162992350847_728997504_n.jpg

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That pretty much sums up my feelings and how our family handles Halloween.

I don't see it as evil and wicked like some Christians do.

I see it as a fun night with the kids and a chance to meet the neighbors.