GUNS!

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
If you're 130 lbs no matter what---NO MATTER WHAT---the 200 lb person is going to win easily in a hand-to-hand struggle. If you're one of two 130-lb people, still, the single 200-lb person is going to win easily. You can't hurt the 200-lb person at all, and the 200-lb person can hurt you easily. You can pound on the 200-lb person til you wilt from exhaustion and you won't even cause bruising. And if the 200-lb person connects just once---and you can't block it either---it's lights out.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The only exception I can think of is Bruce Lee in an open space. One of the people he knocked down was a "worlds strongest man" holders. I think his name was Paul. I'm on my phone and can't just open a tab quickly.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yeah, don't do this.

Don't forget the standards if common sense leaves you.

Exodus 21

12 “He who strikes a man so that he dies shall surely be put to death. 13 However, if he did not lie in wait, but God delivered him into his hand, then I will appoint for you a place where he may flee.

14 “But if a man acts with premeditation against his neighbor, to kill him by treachery, you shall take him from My altar, that he may die.

If Michael Brown reaches in your car, and I don't mean a squad car of a LEO, just yours and starts wailing away, you can kill him. You did not act in premeditation, he was delivered into your hand. If that is confusing, then ask. Or Trayvon Martin slams your head into the concrete because you caught him casing the neighborhood, you can kill him. Maybe not in California, but before God you are not guilty.

This goes perfectly with the next page.

2 If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed. 3 If the sun has risen on him, there shall be guilt for his bloodshed.

Those boys were not delivered into his hand, they were trying to steal bongs, and it was obvious. Like the sun being up and you know the thief is just a thief.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Feeling the need to dispel myths about high speed light weight rounds and penetration.... Hard targets and soft targets are not the same.

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Yeah, don't do this.

Don't forget the standards if common sense leaves you.

Exodus 21

12 “He who strikes a man so that he dies shall surely be put to death. 13 However, if he did not lie in wait, but God delivered him into his hand, then I will appoint for you a place where he may flee.

14 “But if a man acts with premeditation against his neighbor, to kill him by treachery, you shall take him from My altar, that he may die.

If Michael Brown reaches in your car, and I don't mean a squad car of a LEO, just yours and starts wailing away, you can kill him. You did not act in premeditation, he was delivered into your hand. If that is confusing, then ask. Or Trayvon Martin slams your head into the concrete because you caught him casing the neighborhood, you can kill him. Maybe not in California, but before God you are not guilty.

This goes perfectly with the next page.

2 If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed. 3 If the sun has risen on him, there shall be guilt for his bloodshed.

Those boys were not delivered into his hand, they were trying to steal bongs, and it was obvious. Like the sun being up and you know the thief is just a thief.
Good points and scripture

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Feeling the need to dispel myths about high speed light weight rounds and penetration.... Hard targets and soft are not the same.

The comparison with the .45 ACP at the end, with that big bullet just plowing through four gallons of water, is one of the many reasons I couldn't pass up that enormous round, and have limited myself to carrying 17 rounds on my person; but only with one full back-up mag. :( If I had seen Jerry Miculek before settling in on my choice, I would have gone 9 mm, I'm almost certain of it, and that would just be because I don't think a .380 ACP would give me any greater capacities, and .22 LRs can ftf a lot more than the reliable pistols chambered for the centerfire cartridges do.

I can't say I regret my decision; it's a good problem to have (a .45 ACP 1911 :chuckle:), and I look forward to seeing how good I can become at producing reliable follow-up shot, site pictures with the old 45. Like how Miculek does it. :)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am noticing bullet prices...settling. So I am buying some online again. I was not shooting much the last few years, in case pray your flight is not on the Sabbath reared its head on is. Conserving, not hoarding. As I was not buying in addition to not shooting.

45acp will never be 9mm cheap. And the FBI switched back to 9mm with the massive jump in bullet technology the last decade. Just remember though, if a bigger bullet didn't matter, then expanding bonded bullets would not have been developed. If you have a go to bullet for the masses, get a Federal 124 HST.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I am noticing bullet prices...settling. So I am buying some online again. I was not shooting much the last few years, in case pray your flight is not on the Sabbath reared its head on is. Conserving, not hoarding. As I was not buying in addition to not shooting.

45acp will never be 9mm cheap. And the FBI switched back to 9mm with the massive jump in bullet technology the last decade. Just remember though, if a bigger bullet didn't matter, then expanding bonded bullets would not have been developed. If you have a go to bullet for the masses, get a Federal 124 HST.
The 9mm bullet is exactly half as much metal as the 45acp, in hardball, so pricing will always factor that in, and 45acp hardball will always be more than 9mm hardball, all other things being equal (which is what I meant by "hardball," because fmj's are all the same).

I haven't changed my fan status of larger bullets, not in the least. What I've changed is my weighting of bullet size, as compared (now, because of Jerry Miculek) to my weighting of my ability to get another round fired on target. I had never factored that in before Miculek opened my eyes. Between 45acp and 9mm, I can get a single round on target the same. What I suspect, is that I can get another round on target quicker with a 9mm than with a 45.

And along with this change in weighting, comes my change in preferred calibre, because I can carry twice as many rounds on me easily, with a 9mm than with 45acp 1911 single-stack. All I have to do is get my rounds on target, until the threat is eliminated. Which isn't different from the 45acp, but I have more chances to do it with a 9mm, and the round is lethal enough, even though it's no 45acp, of which I am still the biggest fan.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think I have posted this, but it is worth posting again. It is mostly about the thumb safety, and the 1911 pistol in particular.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am hosting a picture for somebody on a gun forum. He jokingly asked if it is a Chupacabra. So what is it?

cryptoid.jpg

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Canine. Wolf? Coyote? Domestic dog? Seems to have a canine's longer snout. Can't see a fox's tail. :idunno: :)
Definitely some kind of canine, but that doesn't answer my question.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Canine. Wolf? Coyote? Domestic dog? Seems to have a canine's longer snout. Can't see a fox's tail. :idunno: :)

I hadn't thought of the tail being missing. I figured since a least one canine is hairless, this has to be too. Perhaps a specialty breed that ran away from a cruel owner after bobbing the tail and cropping ears. I think those individual things are ok for certain breeds. I was just picturing that they also bread it hairless.

I'll ask about where.

edit: Texas.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Now that I put the picture up over there some say it's a mangy bobcat. With tail damage. Keep in mind, it might not be hairless.

dsc00032.jpg