Guns and Ploice an interesting perspective

This Charming Manc

Really get a grip...

If the discussion was that there is a linkage between cars and road traffic deaths it would be a good point.

Are you accepting that more guns leads to more shootings, which means a higher murder rate?

Or arguing that id guns were not available all potential killers people would find other ways?

Which is the equivalent of a poor nation mocking England because, hey, look at our road traffic death rate compared with yours.

This Charming Manc

Great video ....

Anyway nice to see you are seeing link between 300,000,000 guns and an excessive murder rate :).

However you have made me go research figures on knives.

The UK has has between 200 and 300 knife murders a year and a population of 60 million.

The US has about 1500 knife murders a year and a population of around 250 million.

Very comparable stats, and don't make up for the extra 9,000 odd firearms murders a year extra that the US suffers from.

So please stop with insinuation that the gun crime we don't have all becomes knife crime, it doesn't its more 1/2 truths and misinformation form the gun lobby.

One of those nonsensical phrases like "common sense solutions"...Kind of like that well established link between "drug crime" and drugs...and "car accidents" and cars.

I understand you dorks actually have "knife crime" over on your little island. :rotfl:

How should the police respond to London's knife crime injury rise?

Just a matter of time before the headlines are awash in "pointed stick crime". :rolleyes:

Self Defense

Granite

Hall of Fame
:plain: By the age of 7 I was quite proficient with a .38 revolver, and a .380 Walther PPK/S (besides various other .22's and small bore shotguns). The whole point of firearms is that they are an equalizer in regards to physical inequity.

Oklahoma Girl Shoots Home Intruder: 12-Year-Old Uses Family's Gun To Protect Self, Home

15-Year-Old Defends Home Against Burglars, Shoots One Of Them With Father's AR-15

Police: 11-year-old scares intruder away with shotgun

Sometimes they are, sometimes they're not. Sometimes you can have a collection of guns and get brutalized by home invaders just like what happened recently out here in NH. So it goes.

bybee

Sometimes they are, sometimes they're not. Sometimes you can have a collection of guns and get brutalized by home invaders just like what happened recently out here in NH. So it goes.

Keeping in mind that almost anything may become a weapon in the hands of someone intent on harming another, guns are among the most hazardous of weapons.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
So please stop with insinuation that the gun crime we don't have all becomes knife crime, it doesn't its more 1/2 truths and misinformation form the gun lobby.

:yawn: Actually my insinuation was more along the lines of how pathetic and drama inspired your language is.

That's really all I have for you... :idunno:

I've pointed out before any number of times the differences between your island state and the United States are myriad...

Statistics

Something people like you just can't seem to get through your skull. From your poor little perch you still want to tell everyone else how to live and presume to know what is best for everyone else....but that's not arrogance.
You just know my country and it's situations better than I do. :)

I wouldn't give you the dignity of an honest argument, you sheep.

Good day :e4e:

bybee

:yawn: Actually my insinuation was more along the lines of how pathetic and drama inspired your language is.

I've pointed out before any number of times the differences between your island state and the United States are myriad...

Statistics

Something people like you just can't seem to get through your skull. From your poor little perch you still want to tell everyone else how to live and presume to know what is best for everyone else....but that's not arrogance.

Spot on!

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame

This is a fact....Like anything else we are always at the mercy of circumstances. :idunno:

alwight

Statistics

Of course if we still had a British Empire we could send in an Imperial army to shoot some sense into all you uppity colonials. ;)

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Of course if we still had a British Empire we could send in an Imperial army to shoot some sense into all you uppity colonials. ;)

:chuckle: Well....It didn't work the first two times...But, ya never know; third times the charm.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Statistics

:thumb:

Poms are morons.

This Charming Manc

All I hear is,

'I'm tetchy and defensive and don't like your opinion cause your British, and will insult you as well to really make a mockery of my any semblance of having an argument'.​

*shrugs*

Yes the two countries differ, but we have more in common than most.

I think a good neighbour is one that points out when your house is on fire, when you response is to go out and shout and him call him names and ignore the fire, you kinda paints you as the fool.

Statistics

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
I think a good neighbour is one that points out when your house is on fire, when you response is to go out and shout and him call him names and ignore the fire, you kinda paints you as the fool.

:rolleyes: No...I only shout and call him names at the obnoxious little twerp who tries to take away or otherwise make it more difficult to use my water hose because he thinks it's best I sit and wait for the fire dept.
Such people like to think of themselves as good neighbors but are simply busybodies who are only interested in displaying their self-appointed Nanny-Sense.

Mind your own house...Or pasture as the case may be...If you are capable (I suspect not). :yawn:

Granite

Hall of Fame
:rolleyes: No...I only shout and call him names at the obnoxious little twerp who tries to take away or otherwise make it more difficult to use my water hose because he thinks it's best I sit and wait for the fire dept.
Such people like to think of themselves as good neighbors but are simply busybodies who are only interested in displaying their self-appointed Nanny-Sense.

Mind your own house...Or pasture as the case may be...If you are capable (I suspect not). :yawn:

He'd have reason for concern if you played with fire all the time, stocked up on fireworks, used them recklessly, or did so knowing it'd deliberately bother the neighbors.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He'd have reason for concern if you played with fire all the time, stocked up on fireworks, used them recklessly, or did so knowing it'd deliberately bother the neighbors.

And he would be a hypocrite — like you are, you coward — if he did so when his own nation has a problem just as big.