greetings from the goat

hello theologyonline i see i seemed to be the newest member currently its okay i'm new to the site not the topic. just so we get off seeing eye to eye and having an understanding and common respect for each other, i feel i should state i am not a christian, but i do not disbelive or doubt any of it(scripture wise atleast). but i do refuse to believe that there is only one path to god. if rose was not called a rose would it not smell as sweet? by any other name would he not answer? in lamens terms i am a traveler . . . . .. . . .

Spitfire

Sometimes I think goats are given an unfairly bad rap in Matthew 25. They're actually pretty amusing animals. They have a lot of personality. I wouldn't say their personalities are necessarily charming, but... I love goat cheese in any case.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
First I thought I'd ask if you were serious or just kidding...

Then I though, "Naaaaaaaaaah." :eek:

Welcome. :e4e:

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Welcome!

hello theologyonline i see i seemed to be the newest member currently its okay i'm new to the site not the topic. just so we get off seeing eye to eye and having an understanding and common respect for each other, i feel i should state i am not a christian, but i do not disbelive or doubt any of it(scripture wise atleast). but i do refuse to believe that there is only one path to god. if rose was not called a rose would it not smell as sweet? by any other name would he not answer? in lamens terms i am a traveler . . . . .. . . .
Bad analogy with the rose. The point of that phrase is to point out that it does not matter what you call a rose, it is still a rose and will always smell like a rose. Similarly, there is only one path to God. It does not matter what you call that path for Jesus is always Jesus, the only savior to mankind.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Welcome!

Bad analogy with the rose. The point of that phrase is to point out that it does not matter what you call a rose, it is still a rose and will always smell like a rose. Similarly, there is only one path to God. It does not matter what you call that path for Jesus is always Jesus, the only savior to mankind.

I was going to point that out as well CM.

Goat manure can never smell like a rose.

you guys are being oblivious to my point i dont believe that only jesus can save you god is god it doesn't matter by what name you call him, the worst thing is to be so narcissistic and think god and his love are only for what amounts to be less then one third of the population of this world. seems to be a little self absorbed to me. And don't label me as a bible basher, i am very well rounded on religion in general. I don't believe that jesus meant to be taken in such a manner either, he was a savior by example. You can't just say you believe in him or god and feel justified that you will be saved. even demons believe in god. . . . .