Greetings and Salutations

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoOogers

Hello, I'm BoOogers. I'm new here, but am very glad to be a part of this. I enjoy good debate, especially on theology, and look forward to arguing with all of you. :chuckle:

I'm Christian. I follow God's Word and that's all. Sometimes all the different denominations seem pointless to me. They always end up making it harder for one to grow in faith because they can never agree on anything. Most Christians these days are too haughty (and I don't want to sound condescending when I say that, because I am often too proud myself). I try to be just a simple Christian, focusing just on what God wants, since many people interpret scripture too literally, or not literally enough, missing the true idea of what it says. I read it for what it is. Modern Christianity also makes it hard to focus on God's teaching. I think it would be better if people focused more on what God wants, and less on Church Politics and arguing over whose right and whose wrong. Christians can be too defiant. Again, we Christians are too haughty.

God Bless.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Hello, I'm BoOogers. I'm new here,
Are you under the impression that your faith was an act of will or were you picked...:plain:
but am very glad to be a part of this. I enjoy good debate, especially on theology, and look forward to arguing with all of you. :chuckle:
Everyone says that at first...
I'm Christian. I follow God's Word and that's all.
:think:
Sometimes all the different denominations seem pointless to me. They always end up making it harder for one to grow in faith because they can never agree on anything.
If I disagree am I only helping to make your point? :shocked:
Most Christians these days are too haughty
Thank goodness we're above that then.
(and I don't want to sound condescending when I say that, because I am often too proud myself).
Shh! Don't ruin it for everyone else.
I try to be just a simple Christian, focusing just on what God wants, since many people interpret scripture too literally, or not literally enough, missing the true idea of what it says.
I can almost feel the next line dropping.
I read it for what it is.
So saith, well, everyone. :idunno:
Modern Christianity also makes it hard to focus on God's teaching.
You mean like the NIV? :poly:
I think it would be better if people focused more on what God wants, and less on Church Politics and arguing over whose right and whose wrong.
But didn't you just...never mind. :plain:
Christians can be too defiant.
That seems awfully, well...

Welcome! :e4e:

Status
Not open for further replies.