ECT Grace is unconditional but not universal

Status
Not open for further replies.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Yes, amazing and also very disturbing.

Why?

Because this very list of personages, dominate this website, and interfere daily with the proclamation of the true gospel.

Anyone who differs with their wrong Pelagian views, is subjected to ridicule, abusive insults, and coarse "smack-down" tactics that they find funny and entertaining.

May God preserve His Gospel of Grace in their midst, despite their attempts to silence and/or pervert it.

Yes, though they proclaim grace they actually frustrate (lay aside) grace.

We have access BY faith (NOUN!!!!) INTO the grace wherein we stand.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Sure you are.

You're a Hyper-Dispensationalist.

You're "trippin" on the false teachings of John Nelson Darby and E.W Bullinger.

Yeah, the 1800s were the century of the cults.

And all the Dispy heretics think your Partial Preterism is the Jesuit innovation of Full/Hyper Preterism introduced during the Counter-Reformation.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Justification is by the faith OF Jesus Christ

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Forgiveness was 2000 years ago too

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

How is it put to an individual's account? By belief in what was accomplished then and there/by the gospel!

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

It is then and only then that the work of Christ is put to our account/"upon all them that believe"!

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

As always you present a GREAT post.

Sonnet

I'm not merely suggesting it, I'm indicating its proper definition and usage. The Greek suffix -ma always indicates "the result of". Hamartema/ta is the resulting actions with an indication of consequences.

Since all four occurrences are so - then you I can't disagree.

It depends upon the form, but predominantly, yes. The plural articular "straddles" the verb, both preceeding it as internal and succeeding it as external; but it's not about the actings or actions except to indicate the source OF the actings and actions.

Singular articular hamartia is the principle source OF action; the inward element producing acting and actions. It's the abstract for the concrete; the governing principle or power(lessness), acting from the nature through the members of the body.

Is the distinction warranted though? Hamartia is a noun that may describe verb actions as well as the meaning you ascribe to it.

Jesus was made (poieo) anarthrous singular hamartia (every qualitative characteristic and [dys-]functional activity). That means He, as the scapegoat, bore every possible kind and type of inner fault and failing and disobedience and rebellion and unrighteousness that every comes forth from mankind. And by doing so, it means He never had sin in His own nature or members, but still bore every potentiality of every sin nature of all mankind.

The significance is that there are many, many men and women who never outwardly exhibit the resulting action of murder. But murder doesn't begin with the action. The action results from the condition of the heart; first usually as hate, but possibly any confluence of other inward traits.

Not one of these characteristics of all humanity, whether internal or its external result, was excluded. Non-murderers don't need it for the external results, but for the inward facet of their heart condition of hate or greed or whatever else. No aspect of the sin condition in inward or outward dysfunction was omitted. He died all every internal qualitative characteristic and dysfunctional activity that did OR did not lead to external resulting action.

Ok.

No one could possibly know every tendency and inclination of the heart as anarthrous hamartia. No one could ever recall every deed brought forth as individual acts violating God's standard for inner character and outer conduct as His righteousness. One would have to know all those and also know every failing in regard to them.

Why the fine distinction between articular and anarthrous here - qualitative characteristic compared with tendency/inclination?

It is God's mercy that He sent His Son to be made (poieo, which requires epic depths of study to know the meaning) sin (singular anarthrous). He wasn't made certain or all human persons. He was made sin. He didn't die for certain or all human persons. He died for (and as) every last facet of the inner sin condition.

Why isn't this a mere inference?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
In my humble opinion "The Grace Gospel" as preached by The Apostle Paul in Romans through Philemon IS the ONLY Gospel in this Dispensation of Grace. ALL other gospels (small g) are "Another gospel" and frowned upon in the inspired written word of God. It cannot be questioned. I'm afraid Nang the Calvinist and PPS the King of nouns and verbs are left it in the cold, in comparison.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Nang does not preach the "True Gospel of Jesus Christ." She and her ilk preach another gospel that was authored by John "The Pope of Geneva" and his ilk.

Sonnet

I, I, I, I, my.

YOU heard (verb). YOU believed (verb). YOU placed (verb) YOUR faith (noun).

You, you, you, your. And all verbs about your alleged faith that was yours without God even giving it to you. All by your own will from your own unrenewed mind as your actions to allegedly save yourself.

Faith (noun) comes out of/from hearing (noun), which comes by means of the Word (noun) of God.

You did your own saving work by your own will and your own act of believing. Even your alleged "repentance" was something you did. Good job saving yourself.

Repentance (noun) is granted by God.

If no reference is made to synergism then it would be Pelagianism, yes.

Your post here is a recognition of much, if not all, that constitutes Calvinism. How can you fend off the charge that such a view leaves some men without any access to salvation? You affirm that all have access, but you are yet to say how...surely not as the Calvinists do with the suggestion that reprobates 'could' but 'wont' - that it's their sinful desires that prevent them. Its disingenuous.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
God bestowed upon ALL of humanity the free will to choose what they wish to place their faith in. Calvinists seek to limit humanities free will by declaring that God chose only a remnant of mankind to save and the rest He sentenced to eternal damnation.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I'm not trippin' on anything. Nang is. Nang goes out of her way to tell GM he believes in a "false gospel", but will not tell anyone what is the gospel of our salvation. She won't tell anyone what is required for salvation, but goes on about the "entirety of scripture" . She has no gospel of salvation. She's tripping over her religious shackles.

AMEN Sister Heir.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
That's for sure, and it is a penchant to interrupt decent discussions about the Gospel of God.

Well, the problem is, YOUR gospel (small g) is "Another Gospel" that Paul has mentioned. Calvinism is a false doctrine and a false gospel. (Again, small g) I would be so bold as to call "Calvinism" a Cult (with a capital C) Since it's not the Gospel of the Bible, how can Calvinism be anything else, but a Cult?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I feel it my duty as a "True Believer" in the Grace Gospel (Paul's Gospel) to act like a spiritual antibody and attack ALL false gospels and doctrines.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Paul writes that the gospel of Christ is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (Romans 1:16 KJV). He declares the gospel by which we are saved here (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) and that trusting the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth, the gospel of our salvation we are sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV). That's the order and as usual, you are out of order.

Amen Sister.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It's the right question. You said GM believes in a false gospel even though he trusted the Lord believing 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV. You go on to mention "the entirety of scripture" as if that is what must be trusted in to be saved. Yet when asked, "Must one trust the Lord believing the "entirety of the Holy Scriptures" to be saved?" You refuse to answer. It's a simple question. You're dodging it. Why is that?

As you notice and ALL other "Grace Gospel Believers" know, I do NOT attack the truth and those who preach the truth of the one and only Gospel for today, in this Dispensation of Grace. I have GREAT admiration for you and others on TOL who preach the Grace Gospel as it was given to the Apostle Paul by the Acsended Lord Jesus Christ.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Warfare does exist in this world and the spiritual realm. Ephesians 6:12 "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." We must defend the truth of The Grace Gospel.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The Apostle Paul said in Romans 2:16 "In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel. There's ONLY one TRUE Gospel for today and that IS The Grace Gospel. Not the Catholic gospel or the Calvinist gospel, etc.

Sonnet

Nope.

You have the cause and effect of salvation backwards.

You claim "belief" is the cause, and justification the result.

Wrong.

Justification (pardon and forgiveness of sin) is the cause of faith, that comes only by the grace of God.

Which becomes your Gospel - so what, if any, Good News do you have for those left out? Please tell me Nang since I, as a non-believer, might be one of them.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Sonnet, there is no real or imagined HOPE in Calvinism, except one, if you were one of the Elect chosen before the foundation of the world? Calvinism is a fraud, a false doctrine, and a false gospel...

Status
Not open for further replies.