ECT Grace is unconditional but not universal

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
If you look at the Calvinist belief system very close (as with a spiritual microscope) you'll see that it's extremely illogical, unreasonable and lacks common sense. They read the Bible and claim to see absolutely NO free-will coming from all of humanity. Yet, the entire Bible is filled to the brim with examples of mankind's free will. My favorite Scripture example is, Matthew 23:37 "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!"

You'll notice that Christ (God the Son) laments that Israel will not come and worship Him as they ought. Why? Because they "Chose" not to." I challenge ANY Calvinist to explain that verse any other way?

First it was not God the Son.
As you think of him.

Second they didn't know the time of their visitation.

Luke 19:44
And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
First it was not God the Son.

Second they didn't know the time of their visitation.

Luke 19:44
And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation.

You evidently don't believe in the Trinity, correct? Also, you didn't answer the question, although, I suspect you think that you did?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
In that verse I used, Christ is speaking as part of the Godhead. Jerusalem continued to follow after their idols in the Old Testament, instead of worshipping the one true God. Why did you use the verse you used to prove your position? It didn't make any sense?

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
I heard the Gospel preached in 1962. I was 12 year's old. Did I have a complete understanding of nouns and verbs at the time, NO? Yet, I believed the Gospel and placed my faith in Christ.

I, I, I, I, my.

YOU heard (verb). YOU believed (verb). YOU placed (verb) YOUR faith (noun).

You, you, you, your. And all verbs about your alleged faith that was yours without God even giving it to you. All by your own will from your own unrenewed mind as your actions to allegedly save yourself.

Faith (noun) comes out of/from hearing (noun), which comes by means of the Word (noun) of God.

You did your own saving work by your own will and your own act of believing. Even your alleged "repentance" was something you did. Good job saving yourself.

Repentance (noun) is granted by God.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I, I, I, I, my.

YOU heard (verb). YOU believed (verb). YOU placed (verb) YOUR faith (noun).

You, you, you, your. And all verbs about your alleged faith that was yours without God even giving it to you. All by your own will from your own unrenewed mind as your actions to allegedly save yourself.

Faith (noun) comes out of/from hearing (noun), which comes by means of the Word (noun) of God.

You did your own saving work by your own will and your own act of believing. Even your alleged "repentance" was something you did. Good job saving yourself.

Repentance (noun) is granted by God.

I've told you before Professor, nobody involved with the "Grace Gospel" faith is interested in your English lessons. Why not post somewhere that you're willing to give free obnoxious punctuation/grammar lessons and then, leave your number and E-Mail address.

Status
Not open for further replies.