ECT Grace is unconditional but not universal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I didn't know this was a popularity contest :idunno:

Frankly, a poster who does nothing but troll having nearly 9000 thanks makes me unconcerned with that forum tool in general.

And
I do have you on ignore, little inserts still pop up showing that you've posted. You still take up the whole page- and I can view them by pressing a button.

Then, stop pressing the button. Problem taken care of.

Sonnet

What if the perception is all wrong? What if Jesus didn't die for people, but for the sin OF the people?

What if Jesus died for the snake-bitten condition rather than the peoople themselves?

He was the scapegoat, who was made sin (not singular articular, but singular anarthrous). The scapegoat didn't have people placed upon it.

He didn't die for the whole world. He died for the SINS of the whole world. And sin is not a "something". It's a lack of something as a "somethinglessness".

He died for the hole or void in mankind. To fill it by being made sin, the singular anarthrous noun. The source of all acting and actions as the verb.

What if everyone is squabbling over the wrong thing? Focusing on the whos rather than the what.

Okay. But it would need exploring. Difficult to pin down the exact meaning...

Cross Reference

I wouldn't present it like that at all. It focuses on "sin/s" the verb rather than "sin/s" the noun.

It's not about sinning (the verb) and the resulting acts. It's about the condition of what's missing from man being the source of all action.

Arminians are always arguing about the "doing" and "done" of sin/s the verb (and the resulting noun). Calvinists never counter with a correction of that perception, and instead focus on the same thing.

If you would allow yourself to get beyond the issue of salvation and get on with the reason for creation and how redemption provides for it, you might learn something your strick scholarly appraoch doesn't povide for.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Okay. But it would need exploring. Difficult to pin down the exact meaning...

Well... that's what I've been saying all along. It's possibly the most difficult meaning for all English thinkers/speakers because it's a double-abstraction.

Sin, the noun, is a "somethinglessness". It's not a "something". This is the source of all acting; but referring to all acting is what everyone is squabbling about.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
I think you reserve 1 Cor 15:3 exclusively for the converted.

When exactly is one converted?

Luke 22:32
But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Could it be after one is sifted?

1 Peter 4:12
Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
If you would allow yourself to get beyond the issue of salvation and get on with the reason for creation and how redemption provides for it, you might learn something your strick scholarly appraoch doesn't povide for.

Your mistake is presuming that mine is a strict scholarly approach, on top of you not having ANY scholarly approach to correct your Third Wave Charismatic cultic error.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Hey, Tulip, Christ died for the sins of ALL humanity. However, only those who hear the Gospel and place their faith in Christ as their Savior will reap the benefits, one being, eternal life. Romans 10:17 "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." Calvinists (false doctrine adherents) believe that one must first be regenerated then they receive saving faith. However, that's not what the Bible teaches. Unfortunately, Calvinists place their faith in wicked men such as John "The Pope of Geneva" Calvin.

musterion

They never say this outloud, but Calvinists relish that quiet sense of exclusivity they get when they manage to convince themselves their faith is real and that they're among the Elect.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Well... that's what I've been saying all along. It's possibly the most difficult meaning for all English thinkers/speakers because it's a double-abstraction.

Sin, the noun, is a "somethinglessness". It's not a "something". This is the source of all acting; but referring to all acting is what everyone is squabbling about.

Abstractions my english thinking brain can discern.

Just saying nouns are verbs or vice versa, not so much.

We can be in agreement here. :)

Cross Reference

Your mistake is presuming that mine is a strict scholarly approach, on top of you not having ANY scholarly approach to correct your Third Wave Charismatic cultic error.

You presume much that is not me but are forced hard opinions demanded by your love 'to' the scholarly approach. You should consider redirecting sucha love.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Contrary to the theme of this thread, God's Grace IS applicable to any and every member of the human race. That's how God meant it to be. Until false teachers like Calvin came along and added their deception and caused division.

Status
Not open for further replies.