ECT Grace: How it is administered?

OCTOBER23

CROSS REF

Perhaps these verses might help........

Eze 14:14 Though these three men, Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it,
they should deliver but their own souls by their righteousness, saith the Lord GOD.

Eze 14:20 Though Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, as I live, saith the Lord GOD,
they shall deliver neither son nor daughter;
they shall but deliver their own souls by their righteousness.

Interplanner

CROSS REF

they should deliver but their own souls by their righteousness, saith the Lord GOD.

Eze 14:20 Though Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, as I live, saith the Lord GOD,

There were situations about which Ezekiel wrote in which people were trying anything to exempt themselves for what they were doing and still think they had favor with God...

Cross Reference

CROSS REF

Thanks. Good passages.

Why do you suppose that was the way it could only be given Jesus had not redeemed whole world that the righteousness of God might be gifted them?

Question 2 for you: How is the righteousness of God gifted man? Is it by redemption or by his faith for his salvation? What is the difference between Redemption and Salvation?

Question 3: In God here speaking of them delivering their souls, Where could Job's soul have only been delivered to upon his death?

Heres a clue: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth" Job 19:25 (KJV)

Job could have added this: 'In the meantime I will continue in my worship of God that His "grace" remain with me'.

Cross Reference

In hearing the Gospel, a person is convicted of sin, righteousness and judgement by the Spirit, Jn 17. It doesn't have anything to do with sacraments, but with the propositions declared by the person speaking. Christ is our righteousness for justification before God.

Only if you abide in Him and He abides in you. That is the qualifier, isn't it.

"Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me."
John 15:4 (KJV)

Interplanner

Justification is God's work in Christ for us.
Transformation is God's work in us through the Spirit.

They are not identical, and the 2nd is not to be done in our own nervous energy, or guilt inflicted on us by a preacher, but out of appreciation for justification. Out of honor for Christ, then it will have the right inner motivation.

Please decomplicate the sentence starting "Why do you suppose..."

Justification is imputed or transferred righteousness from another party--Christ. It deals with the debt of sin, not the power of it. That is ours to wrestle with in any way that works, done out of honor and love for Christ who justifies us.

Cross Reference

Justification is God's work in Christ for us.

You are confusing "Peace" with God for His "justification": "Therefore being justified by [our faith], we [because of redemption] have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" Romans 5:1 (KJV)

Justification is and always has been God's reward for righteousness in the OT (cf Job1:1), i.e., one living his unto God . . but, because of man's weakness in being faithful: "if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?" 1 Peter 4:18 (KJV)

Transformation is God's work in us through the Spirit.
Can you see our part in this?

"And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." Romans 12:2 (KJV)

They are not identical, and the 2nd is not to be done in our own nervous energy, or guilt inflicted on us by a preacher, but out of appreciation for justification. Out of honor for Christ, then it will have the right inner motivation.

Motivation for what, to surrender your life or merely more celebration for being redeemed?

Please decomplicate the sentence starting "Why do you suppose..."
????

Justification is imputed or transferred righteousness from another party--Christ. It deals with the debt of sin, not the power of it. That is ours to wrestle with in any way that works, done out of honor and love for Christ who justifies us.

Transferred?? Works?? I believe you need more work on your understanding of why Jesus sent the Holy Spirit.

OCTOBER23

GRACE TOWARD JOB ?????????

1. Why do you suppose that was the way it could only be given.
Jesus had not redeemed whole world that the righteousness of God might be gifted them?

1a. GRACE TOWARD JOB ?

Was it Grace that God did not allow Satan to take JOB's Life ? Perhaps.

2 . How is the righteousness of God gifted man?

Is it by redemption or by his faith for his salvation?

2a. Boaz Redeemed Ruth by having his NEXT OF KIN take off his Shoe

- just like he took off the shoes of HIS NEXT OF KIN in washing the Apostles feet.

Ex 3:5 And he said, Draw not nigh till you put off thy shoes from off thy feet,
for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground.

2b- Salvation did not come from JESUS until he TOOK OFF HIS LIFE AND GAVE IT TO US.

Joh 10:18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

3: In God here speaking of them delivering their souls,
Where could Job's soul have only been delivered to upon his death?

3a . They could NOT SAVE anyone else but themselves from the Judgement .

-- Job 14:14 If a man die, shall he live again?
all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come.

-- Ps 17:15 As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness:
I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.

------------------------------------

Cross Reference

GRACE TOWARD JOB ?????????

Are you confused about that?

Consider this fact: Redemption not salvation but the means to obtain it. Redemption does not require faith, salvation does.

Job was a righteous man. Job was justified in the sight of God. Job died before Jesus redeemed mankind and since he could not enter heaven because he lacked the righteousness of God, where did he got when he died?