ECT Grace: How it is administered?

Cross Reference

For if by one man's offense death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)” Romans 5:17 (KJV) 

God's grace is a variable to those He grants it. To give all at the outset would be to invite failure in the that one who receives because of the law of his flesh. Proof of this is found throughout scripture. It might even be said that we are saved by grace that must be worked out for it to be made effective.

If grace breaks the power of sin then one must remain in grace. Not to do so would render grace to be of no value. By choice [flesh] we negate it and suffer whatever the consequences until true repentance is made effective by obedience. Obviously, grace is by merit that God determines and since sin cannot be justified, to remain in it is to make null and void God’s grace except as a variable dependent upon the will turned toward God. To believe for forgiveness without repentance is, futile. Vanity and the grace of God will never co-exist.

The Cross of Jesus, was set to become an inward principle after our salvation. It is the giving over our lives for the fulfilling of God’s Ultimate intention for having created man. It is progressive and proportional [grace here], dependent wholly upon how well we embrace “the way of the cross”. Ephesians 1:4 says that we should stand before him blameless and holy because we love him. So, is the issue one of not being able or our lack of willingness to follow after Christ to produce in us that special love for our Father He had that will bring rectification concerning a eternal matters? In this can we see why Paul would instruct us to examine ourselves to see if we are in the faith (2 Cor.13:5).

glorydaz

Not true. God's grace (the shed blood/Cross) is available to all men and they access it by faith.

Mankind was locked in a prison (of sin), and when our Lord died on the Cross for that sin, the prison door was opened.

Some will keep sitting in that prison cell with it's open door...not believing they need only walk out. They will die in their prison of sin if they don't believe the door is open and come out to have life.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Ephesians 1:4 says that we should stand before him blameless and holy because we love him.

The word Should in Ephesians 1:4 means future tense, at judgement. It does not mean that we can be holy and blameless here on earth. We are sinners but God sees us as blameless because of the Jesus and the cross.

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Grace: How it is administered?

All you had to do was quote verse 18 instead of just 17.

18 Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life.

Ephesians 2

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.

glorydaz

The word Should in Ephesians 1:4 means future tense, at judgement. I does not mean that we can be holy and blameless here on earth.

Speak for yourself, pj.

1 Corinthians 6:11
And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.​

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Speak for yourself, pj.

1 Corinthians 6:11
And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.​

yeah I know we already are blameless and holy in God's eyes. Save your poor teaching for the blind and deaf. I'm talking about the word should - we are

Danoh

yeah I know we already are blameless and holy in God's eyes. Save your poor teaching for the blind and deaf. I'm talking about the word should - we are

She has a point well worth considering.

The word "should" there is in the sense of something made reality by a past action.

The power of the Cross enables the Believer to be; to walk in the righteousnesss of God that He has made the Believer IN Christ.

This is Romans 6-8. The Believer is baptized - INTO Christ, is identified WITH Christ IN Him - with His death, with His burial, with His resurrection in Newness of life IN Him, by the operation of Spirit, the moment the Believer believes Christ died for his sin, and rose again for his justification.

This is the "should."

It refers to the reality; the enablement that was made (past tense) reality the moment the Believer was made one WITH Christ IN Him as to all that.

It IS possible NOW to live a life into Him.

We place our self in its way. This is all there in Romans 6-8.

We get in its way. This is the sense of condemnation - in one's conscience - that Romans 8:1, fresh off the heels of what Paul has been talking about in Romans 6 and 7.

How that the Believer is free from that CONSCIOUS sense of self-condeming bondage under the Law that the Law, on the one hand, had meant to cause one to experience - "darn it, I failed again!" - at the same time, because the Law was weak through the flesh (the flesh would rise up to cause its nonsense) the Law was unable to result in, the very righteousness the Law demanded!

Because that had not been the entire purpose of the Law.

One purpose of the Law had been the "knowledge," the - CONSCIENCE AWARENESS - "of" indwelling sin, Rom. 3:19...

Rom 7:13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

Paul goes from that sense of condemnation in one's flesh, to freedom from all that within the new Dispensation committed unto him...

Rom 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Lol, in all that is the actual sense of that one word "should" as intended by Paul in that related passage in Ephesians.

Free from the Law, o happy condition...indeed!

Cross Reference

"Whereof I [Paul] was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power."
Ephesians 3:7 (KJV)

Bradley D

One definition of grace for me is...

"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8).

glorydaz

One definition of grace for me is...

"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8).

Yep...the blood. Christ DIED (for all men/enemies)...that is God's GRACE. We are reconciled by His death....the enmity is erased on God's side.

Romans 5:9-10
Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

The MUCH more is when we access that GRACE through faith. Saved by GRACE through FAITH.

Romans 5:2
By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.​

I read once that in the Hebrew, Grace is the big TENT, and Faith is the tent stakes or to pitch. I always liked that picture. That or how the blood was applied to the doorposts which caused the Death Angel to pass over. :idunno:

Cross Reference

"For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly." Psalm 84:11 (KJV)

I wonder if God's grace seals one to His salvation?? If so, what would be the evidence we might expect from such a one?

Cross Reference

Yep...the blood. Christ DIED (for all men/enemies)...that is God's GRACE. We are reconciled by His death....the enmity is erased on God's side.

It is obvious, you are confusing "Redemption" with "Salvation".

"Redemption" doesn't need to be "walked out" in one's personal life whereas, "Salvation" does.

Last edited:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
there is a big difference between redemption and salvation

Indeed. That is what I was trying to point out.

Perhaps you might like to explain it to her?

What would that be, bro?

before redemption
we could not be saved
not matter what we did
Jesus redeemed us
so we might be saved
based on what we do
redemption is not forgiveness either
even though we have been redeemed
we must repent in order to be forgiven and saved
we must also forgive those who trespassed against us

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus redeemed us so we might be saved

Notice how this pervert never offers up scripture for his claims.

Ephesians 1

13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

Salvation comes before the day of redemption (resurrection).

Those of us in him have redemption. You are not in him, so you are excluded. You have been offered reconciliation. He is not imputing your trespasses, but your rejection of the free gift leaves you outside of him and still dead.

7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace

Cross Reference

before redemption
we could not be saved
not matter what we did
Jesus redeemed us
so we might be saved
based on what we do
redemption is not forgiveness either
even though we have been redeemed
we must repent in order to be forgiven and saved
we must also forgive those who trespassed against us

Would I be remiss in saying that "Redemption" enables us to receive the Holy Spirit? The how of it can be another discussion.

BTW, I agree with the first few lines in your post, i.e, we had nothing to do with it and it is not 'blanket' forgiveness.