Gore likens 'global warming' skeptics to racists, supporters of apartheid and homopho

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
People who don't have much factual information are intimidated by those who do and usually retreat into a "I am a victim" stance.

Is that what is going on here?

Climate skeptics, right wing bigots and political obstructionists tend to be in the same group. At least what I have noticed.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
It's a sad statement on our society that Al Gore didn't become irrelevant after his failed Presidential bid.

If you would be honest you would simply say "I don't believe Gore when he says "X" because I have found that "Y" is the case.

He is certainly not "irrelevant." At least on this particular thread he isn't.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Gore is a hypocrite, his own global footprint is at least 20 times higher than the average americans is.

Al Gore's 'Inconvenient Truth'? -- A $30,000 Utility Bill
Look to the logs in your own eye first.

You are a hypocrite. Gore is a hypocrite. I am a hypocrite.

And Jesus said quite a lot about hypocrisy, didn't he?

We should be willing to be accountable for our own faults before we arrogantly deem to point them out in others and label them.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Look to the logs in your own eye first.

You are a hypocrite. Gore is a hypocrite. I am a hypocrite.

And Jesus said quite a lot about hypocrisy, didn't he?

We should be willing to be accountable for our own faults before we arrogantly deem to point them out in others and label them.

didn't you just do that?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
didn't you just do that?
Of course! I have never run from my own immorality, bigotry, racism and hypocrisy in these forums. I have no fear of myself and see no need to deny my own darkness while dishonestly projecting it onto others.

Jesus's 2000-year-old pop psychology about recognizing the logs in my own eye has been invaluable to me. It has become the core of my personal success in finding nonviolent solutions to conflict.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Gore has always been a jerk. He just opens his mouth and confirms it.
And the name-callers, the judgmental, the labelers, the mockers--still here from the days of Jesus to the present.

And how has that worked for us? How has it helped to bring about the Kingdom of God on earth?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Gore likens 'global warming' skeptics to racists, supporters of apartheid and homophobes

8_4_118.gif

[Al Gore explains why he’s optimistic about stopping global warming] "...Well, I think the most important part of it is winning the conversation. I remember as a boy when the conversation on civil rights was won in the South. I remember a time when one of my friends made a racist joke and another said, hey man, we don’t go for that anymore. The same thing happened on apartheid. The same thing happened on the nuclear arms race with the freeze movement. The same thing happened in an earlier era with abolition. A few months ago, I saw an article about two gay men standing in line for pizza and some homophobe made an ugly comment about them holding hands and everyone else in line told them to shut up. We’re winning that conversation.

The conversation on global warming has been stalled because a shrinking group of denialists fly into a rage when it’s mentioned..." Full text: Al Gore explains why he’s optimistic about stopping global warming

"All left wing hysterias involve bigger government." :Commie: - Dennis Prager Ge 8:22

Homosexuality is: forbidden (Lev. 18:22), considered an abomination (1 Kin. 14:24), punishment for (Lev. 20:13), unclean (Rom. 1:24, 26, 27). :vomit:

See:

Global Warming

Poverty of Nations

nwwq4yw245yw24.jpg
Skeptics that continue to grasp onto the old ways despite the facts, evidence and honest data around them that prove otherwise can be seen seen in fundamentalism, bigotry, and denial of human-made climate disruptions.

He was not saying that they are in sort of some one-to-one relationship.

He was thinking in patterns, which is what we are going to have to begin doing more of in today's interconnected world.