Good News: Non-Christians, too, are in the Body of Christ!!!

way 2 go

I understand your offence to who God loves, but your response has no theological substance.
exactly :duh:

no theological substance from your side.

samie-
"Both Christians and non-Christians - Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, etc. - are part of the Body of Christ"

Only those to whom the HS have sent someone to tell them about Christ can become guilty of REFUSAL

Applied to situations similar to that of the Ethiopian eunuch, if the eunuch refused to acknowledge Jesus as personal Savior, then he would have been overcome by the evil of unbelief and would have been a non-overcomer instead of an overcomer. And only overcomers will make it to heaven and eternal life.

no need for faith no need for love no need for anything ;

except

to not hear about Jesus and you will be an overcomer

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Matthew 12:30
Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.

Jesus never leaves an option to anyone other than those with faith being saved, period. Faith in Christ is an absolute necessity upon hearing the gospel- it is the demand of the Covenant.
It is something that has always been a core truth of Christianity since the very beginning.

Why is that all of a sudden changing?

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
exactly :duh:

no theological substance from your side.

samie-
"Both Christians and non-Christians - Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, etc. - are part of the Body of Christ"

Only those to whom the HS have sent someone to tell them about Christ can become guilty of REFUSAL

Applied to situations similar to that of the Ethiopian eunuch, if the eunuch refused to acknowledge Jesus as personal Savior, then he would have been overcome by the evil of unbelief and would have been a non-overcomer instead of an overcomer. And only overcomers will make it to heaven and eternal life.

except

I started to be rude to you, but I edited my post earlier before you responded.

I understand your perspective, but I'm tired of all the hate in this world and the schisms that people fight over.

I'm personally of the mind that God is bigger than we realize and so beyond the petty schisms.

I personally believe the Bible teaches that God is Love.

Peace W2G

Sent from my HTC One M9 using TheologyOnline mobile app

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Matthew 12:30
Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.

Jesus never leaves an option to anyone other than those with faith being saved, period. Faith in Christ is an absolute necessity upon hearing the gospel- it is the demand of the Covenant.
It is something that has always been a core truth of Christianity since the very beginning.

Why is that all of a sudden changing?
I'm not engaging you in a fight crucible.

I believe that God's Love is so much bigger than the pettiness of man's idea of Him and I believe that Paul and John taught this.

Only smallness of thinking limits God's Love.

I will add this one thing, John and the Epistles of John, the epistle of James and all of Paul clearly identifies Love as the characteristic of God's Children.

They don't use religion, doctrine, Moses, or any other trait to define God's people as stringently as they use the Royal Law.

They further state and restate that only God can be involved in the reflection of the Royal Law.

Peace Crucible.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using TheologyOnline mobile app

Last edited:

blr61853

Very well said WonderfulLordJesus, and my feelings exactly. Simplicity is the best way to go. Eloquent words get lost and mean nothing to those who are searching for the truth. Let the Spirit lead us to find the truth without trashing each other. We should be building each other up and encouraging one another.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
If non-Christians are NOT in the the Body of Christ, then they are APART from Christ.

And APART from Him, Christ said they can do NOTHING.

Funny, most Christian preachers ask these people who they consider as yet APART from Christ do that which those APART from Him cannot do.

But, Good News: Non-Christians, too, are in the Body of Christ.

Hence, they are not APART from Christ and can do SOMETHING. They can believe and repent.

How "ignorant" of you. I see you're not the brightest bulb on the proverbial Christmas tree.

Samie

If non-Christians are NOT in the the Body of Christ, then they are APART from Christ.

And APART from Him, Christ said they can do NOTHING.

Funny, most Christian preachers ask these people who they consider as yet APART from Christ do that which those APART from Him cannot do.

But, Good News: Non-Christians, too, are in the Body of Christ.

Hence, they are not APART from Christ and can do SOMETHING. They can believe and repent.
Unanswered. Only verbal attacks.

Very well said WonderfulLordJesus, and my feelings exactly. Simplicity is the best way to go. Eloquent words get lost and mean nothing to those who are searching for the truth. Let the Spirit lead us to find the truth without trashing each other. We should be building each other up and encouraging one another.

Thank you, Blr61853. The Christian faith is so very simple: it is knowing the Person, Jesus Christ, knowing in that epignosis sense that you have spiritual awareness by the Holy Spirit of His Person, which is also the Spirit of Christ. As mentioned, and so ironic to me, just so much the way God's ways are mysterious, I came to realize all the doctrinal nuances weren't the goal, weren't the essence of the faith, this in recent years, and largely from feeling I didn't have much in doctrinal questions left, at least that anybody has answered, beyond only their plausible, but incredulous takes. As if chasing my tail, all those years, to find the answer was when I ceased to chase! It was what I first came to see and love in Jesus Christ, as a new believer. It can even be a curse, to be so immersed in doctrine that theological philosophizing and splitting of hairs becomes an end in itself, like the dead letter of the law of the Scribes and Pharisees. The "big debates" here are, actually, very small, involving affirmation of basic truths, or not, not seeing threads, at all, that touch on some real depths of scholarship. (I was never a debater of any fundamental truths, before the web, though, saw the folly of trying to argue the things of God with people of the flesh. It was always, if they don't believe scripture truths, have a nice day, then, in my mind maybe later, if they ever get truly saved, first, and cease to rely on their own, creature understandings. And can any of us improve on God's wording of what He wishes to impart?)

It's senseless. Even the deceiver can only deceive those who can be deceived, are beating their heads against the wall thinking they'll get recruits, at least of any person of maturity in the Spirit, who has been led to truth, who has spiritual eyes, lives and knows all the truths they refute. The baby Christians, as well, will be led out of deception. From cults to the subtle Satanists on these message boards, they will get not one, true Christian convert. A rather empty game, isn't it, a wasted life, if deceiving only somebody already Satan's? I sort of find it amusing, all these people who are, in essence, saying, "Don't believe your lying eyes!" of scripture. It's not intellectually serious, not adult. The tare or unbeliever is deceived, himself, Luke 6:39, and there is no theological discussion even called for, but that they get saved, repent and believe in the Lord Jesus, receive the Holy Spirit, then it may be worth discussing deeper things with them. Only then can they even turn from their errors and understand the things of God.

As Paul mentioned in the verses in Hebrews 6, there comes a time where, in the individual Christian's life, the things people are raging over, on these message boards, should become the babies' milk of the past: been there, done that, Sunday school truths that have never changed. There is a moving on where the faith becomes a living awareness of Christ, a time when you realize some things you know are even hard to always put into words, sometimes even expansive of topics introduced in scripture. But there is a sizeable such expansion in 1 Corinthians 13 very few are prepared to receive and realize, where it's clear Paul arrived.

Heavens, just realized. Sorry, folks, for daring another serious post. I'll try to get back into the frame of mind, prepare for a "What does salvation mean?" thread, or "Did Jesus retire to Southern France?"

The Lord bless and keep you, Blr61853!

Say, how about just posting 1 Corinthians 13, in closing, would add scripture I bet you also much like?

If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing. Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part; but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away. When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things. For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known. But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Samie

samie-

except

If you can't even understand me, how can you understand Scriptures?

You are teaching works-based salvation, w2g.

The non-Christians' position In Christ is all God's work for man. It is only when people are ALREADY In Christ that they CAN exercise faith, for APART from Him man can do NOTHING. Faith is necessary to please God (Heb 11:6), so God gave every man a measure of faith (Rom 12:3). And this is where OVERCOMING comes in because faith is the victory that overcomes the world. This is where man's participation - believing, repenting, etc. - comes into the picture.

Is there anything yet you want cleared-out for you, w2g?

Samie

Adam came out upright from the hands of the Creator. When he sinned, God implemented the plan of salvation devised before the beginning of time (2 Tim 1:8-10) and reinstated Adam to his pre-fall status, an act that cost Him His only begotten Son, the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. The plan of salvation was manifested in the life, death, resurrection and ministry in the heavenly sanctuary of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

God's saving act made Adam to be In Christ for there is no other name under heaven given to men for salvation. With Adam In Christ, all his descendants are born In Christ. And that includes the non-Christians.

So, Good News: Non-Christians, too, are in the Body of Christ.

Samie

The non-Christians' position In Christ is all God's work for man. It is only when people are ALREADY In Christ that they CAN exercise faith, for APART from Him man can do NOTHING. Faith is necessary to please God (Heb 11:6), so God gave every man a measure of faith (Rom 12:3). And this is where OVERCOMING comes in because faith is the victory that overcomes the world. This is where man's participation - believing, repenting, etc. - comes into the picture.
And only those who God judges as overcomers will inherit life eternal and gain entrance into the heavenly portals. Rev 3:5, 21; 20:15; 21:27

Samie

And only those who God judges as overcomers will inherit life eternal and gain entrance into the heavenly portals. Rev 3:5, 21; 20:15; 21:27
Unanswered by opponents of truth but by verbal abuse.

Epoisses

Overcomers have 'righteousness by faith' not 'righteousness by choice', Arminian stooge!

way 2 go

Unanswered by opponents of truth but by verbal abuse.

samie-

except

according to you a cannibal that has never
heard of Jesus is an overcomer
And only overcomers will make it to heaven and eternal life.