Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Good morning

tiltedbunn.jpg

I gotta stiff neck digging for carrots

Good morning...ah...people :)

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Keeps it from freezing in the cold...holds the temp just above freezing. Wonderful things bird-bath de-icers. I was watching out the window one day and there were almost 2 dozen bluebirds flipping and flapping in it. Made my heart go pitty-pat.

:chuckle:

we had some birds looking for soft water

ours wasn't

It's just one of those things I hadn't thought about. Having only ever lived where the overnight temps rarely drop to freezing, the possibility of my birdbath freezing over hadn't occurred to me.

Reminds me of a blue jay who liked my dog's water dish better than the birdbath, and I always knew when the bird had been there because the splashed water completely circled the dish. My dog's been gone almost five years. I still miss her.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Keeps it from freezing in the cold...holds the temp just above freezing. Wonderful things bird-bath de-icers. I was watching out the window one day and there were almost 2 dozen bluebirds flipping and flapping in it. Made my heart go pitty-pat.

:chuckle:

I like bird watching. I don't get many but my parents have a lot. They have several houses and feeders and baths. They need de-icers too. :)

theophilus

Sorry annaB...it's hard to lose a pet. They leave a hole in your heart that nothing can fill.

:cry:

I came home one day and the starlings were nabbing chunks of dry dog food out of one bowl and were dipping the chunks in the water bowl to soften them up enough to eat. There were was about 2 inches of "dog food fog" in the bottom of the water bowl.

Who knew they were that smart?

And the dog just watched.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Hope conditions back there don't get too bad this weekend, kmo.

I didn't know there was such a thing as a bird bath de-icer. :chuckle:

Thanks. They are still tracking the storm. Hopefully they will have a good idea by this evening. One good thing is that it will come over the weekend. No worrying about work.