dirtyfacebunn.jpg

Someone's been busy in the garden. :eek:

4wings

MORNIN',

Km, crys, anna, zoo, mesh, pnevma,
and ALL!

spring has definitely sprung down heah.

we've been getting our hands dirty weeding and
trimming up and such, just like ole Bun!
sure hope she finds some tasty carrots
while she's rootin'.

be particularly blessed this day, I pray.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Does that have to connect through a cellular service you subscribe to?
I connect through Verizon using the Chromebook Pixel internal modem. This is a separate service from my normal cellular radio service provider (AT&T). I pay $50 a month for the Verizon service for 6GB of data per month.

Here is the solution for someone who does not have a laptop with a built-in cellular radio modem:

In areas where there is no WiFi coverage, persons with selected 4G smart phones and data plans can tether their laptops to the phone in various ways (USB, WiFi "hot spot") and then use the connection between the cellular phone and their laptop to access the internet.

AMR

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
schools closed again, winter storm blowing in, 25 cm of snow forecast by the cbc, overnight lows down below zero (Fahrenheit) for the next couple :(

I am so ready for spring

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I connect through Verizon using the Chromebook Pixel internal modem. This is a separate service from my normal cellular radio service provider (AT&T). I pay $50 a month for the Verizon service for 6GB of data per month.

Here is the solution for someone who does not have a laptop with a built-in cellular radio modem:

In areas where there is no WiFi coverage, persons with selected 4G smart phones and data plans can tether their laptops to the phone in various ways (USB, WiFi "hot spot") and then use the connection between the cellular phone and their laptop to access the internet.

AMR
Cool. :up:

:think: Do you rely on that $50 service for all your internet needs or do you pay for a separate home internet service? That seems like a lot. Unless that's all you have or if you travel a lot.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Cool. :up:

:think: Do you rely on that $50 service for all your internet needs or do you pay for a separate home internet service? That seems like a lot. Unless that's all you have or if you travel a lot.
I pay around $75 per month for Cox internet service at the Premier level for higher upload and download speeds. I work from home and need the bandwidth. I also cut the cable TV chord in 2012, saving over $150 per month, and use over-the-air digital TV transmissions with my TiVo box, as well as Roku, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and VuDu.

The $50 a month for Verizon is an experiment for now. I wanted to see how much bandwidth I really need when away from a WiFi connection. I no longer travel. My wife has been mentally and physically ill for many years and requires 24/7 in-home monitoring. I do all the home cooking, shopping, chores, etc. My son lives at home with me and helps out, so when I need a break to just get out of the house, he steps in to monitor things at home while I wander about connecting to the internet at parks, coffee shops, college campuses (for my consulting work), etc. So far 6GB seems excessive, so next year I may reduce that to 4GB and save myself about $20 per month for the Verizon services.

Last edited:

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
schools closed again, winter storm blowing in, 25 cm of snow forecast by the cbc, overnight lows down below zero (Fahrenheit) for the next couple :(

I am so ready for spring

Me too!! I feel like I'm going insane! :eek:
In about a month I will trade you the cold weather as the temps start hitting 100 degrees F here in the Phoenix, Arizona area. That temp becomes the average for the next five months and we just hibernate in air-conditioned homes or use portable evap coolers when outside.

Last edited:

FellowServant

DMV Princess
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In about a month I will trade you the cold weather as the temps start hitting 100 degrees F here in the Phoenix, Arizona area. That temp becomes the average for the next five months and we just hibernate in air-conditioned homes or use portable evap coolers when outside.

Well, I'm sure that I will be complaining about the heat here when summer comes. You will hear (read) me say how terrible the humidity is here and I can't wait until it cools off.. :chuckle:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
good morning

good morning

“Good morning Breakfast Clubbers, good morning to ya,
we woke up bright and early just to howdy-do ya.”

1st call to breakfast for all of you out there

America's favorite breakfast club is on the air

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I pay around $75 per month for Cox internet service at the Premier level for higher upload and download speeds. I work from home and need the bandwidth. I also cut the cable TV chord in 2012, saving over $150 per month, and use over-the-air digital TV transmissions with my TiVo box, as well as Roku, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and VuDu.

The $50 a month for Verizon is an experiment for now. I wanted to see how much bandwidth I really need when away from a WiFi connection. I no longer travel. My wife has been mentally and physically ill for many years and requires 24/7 in-home monitoring. I do all the home cooking, shopping, chores, etc. My son lives at home with me and helps out, so when I need a break to just get out of the house, he steps in to monitor things at home while I wander about connecting to the internet at parks, coffee shops, college campuses (for my consulting work), etc. So far 6GB seems excessive, so next year I may reduce that to 4GB and save myself about $20 per month for the Verizon services.
Thanks. I played around with some things in an attempt to cut cable as well but it's not easy because one of the main things I watch is sports and it isn't easy getting sports without cable. I haven't been able to get much at all with a regular indoor antenna. I also have Roku, Netflix, Amazon Prime, and a service called PlayOn. Don't use any of them that often though.

Good luck with the Verizon experiment and God bless you and your son as you take care of your wife. :e4e: