Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.5%

• Total voters

death2impiety

Maximeee's Husband
I said yes.
(From Matthew 22)
‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment.'

Our relationship with God is important. So relationships must be important.
:)

logos_x

Yes, Without Him we can do nothing.

He is the vine, we are the branches.
We are the clay. He is the potter.

allsmiles

ShadowMaid said:
I was curious to know, do you think God considers the most important thing to be relationships?

my opinion on your god is fairly irrelevant i suppose, but that aside... i'd rather know what you think:)

and is there a specific type of relationship you had in mind, or is it general?

The Berean

God created us for one purpose and that is to have relationship with Him. :banana:

As I get older I've come to realize that having a wonderful wife, a great job, money, awesome friends, and "toys" are really meaningless without a relationship with God. I'm glad I chose to follow Him instead of "things". I am truly blessed.

Last edited:

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Berean said:
God created us for one purpose and that is to have realtionship with Him. :banana:

As I get older I've come to realize that having a wonderful wife, a great job, money, awesome friends, and "toys" are really meaningless without a relationship with God. I'm glad I chose to follow Him instead of "things". I feel truly blessed.

So true!

allsmiles

The Berean said:
God created us for one purpose and that is to have realtionship with Him. :banana:

As I get older I've come to realize that having a wonderful wife, a great job, money, awesome friends, and "toys" are really meaningless without a relationship with God. I'm glad I chose to follow Him instead of "things". I am truly blessed.

your wife and friends are meaningless?:confused:

Caledvwlch

What sort of relationships are we talking about here? I have a personal and arguably unhealthy relationship with my home theater system. But somehow I don't think God's particularly concerned on that account. But seriously, relationships could mean any number of things: familial, ecclesiastical, marital, spatial, temporal, microbial, metaphysical, trans-genderal, material, political, culinary, and well you get what I'm saying.

death2impiety

Maximeee's Husband
allsmiles said:

"Without God" being they key to his point AS...Everything is meaningless without the Almighty: love, anger, justice...
When you come to understand the Truth, you'll get what he means.

Caledvwlch

death2impiety said:
"Without God" being they key to his point AS...Everything is meaningless without the Almighty: love, anger, justice...
When you come to understand the Truth, you'll get what he means.
Cute avatar, sweet-cheeks. Good work on the fly.

The Berean

allsmiles said:
What I meant was without God to put those things into context they really have no meaning in the sense that they have any eternal value.

ShadowMaid

Caledvwlch said:
What sort of relationships are we talking about here? I have a personal and arguably unhealthy relationship with my home theater system. But somehow I don't think God's particularly concerned on that account. But seriously, relationships could mean any number of things: familial, ecclesiastical, marital, spatial, temporal, microbial, metaphysical, trans-genderal, material, political, culinary, and well you get what I'm saying.

I hope you're not trying to complicate the question. -_-

Dad taught me the most important thing would be relationships, first with God, then with family, then with friends. So in the case of what God might think is most important, it does not include your home theater system.

allsmiles

The Berean said:
What I meant was without God to put those things into context they really have no meaning in the sense that they have any eternal value.

so to you, my family and friends, in fact my ENTIRE life, is meaningless?

allsmiles

Mr. 5020 said:
In the sense of eternal value...yes.

i don't understand why folks so hell bent on the validity and acceptance of absolutes should have to qualify answers like this.:confused:

absolutes are your specialty, so i'd like either a yes or a no.

my life is worthless to you?

GuySmiley

I answered yes to the poll.

allsmiles said:
my life is worthless to you?
No, of course not. But the whole thing got started with a qualification by the Berean - "without God" so don't get all excited when someone answers you with that qualification, its in the context of the conversation.