God spares a murder ?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Some of you may already know where I am going with this but here it is anyway. Why would God spare Cain after killing his brother Abel? And who did Cain have children with if his mother and father were the first woman and man?I am not terrible bright when it comes to the Bible genealogy.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

There was not a law or a prescribed punishment in place. It is not justice to write a law and the punishment, then hold the trial and dish out the consequences in response to an act.

Personally, I believe Cain married his sister which sounds gross in our society, but since there was only a handful of people on Earth at that time and God gave the command to be fruitful and multiply, what choice was there. Perhaps God kept any adverse genetic defects that come with inbreeding from happening.

Cain married from among the descendents of Eve, as she is the mother of all living. Genetics were created perfect, which means the offspring would have perfect genetics. Defects arise from things like radioactivity messing with reproduction cells, which wasn't an issue before the flood.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

glorydaz

think hard you will figure it out.

And you being very prejudice when you talk about "gentiles" the way you do. It is like being racist...you are lumping an entire group of people together and putting a negative label on them- it's not a good look on you Jacob so cut it out with the "I am a Jew so I'm better than everyone else " attitude. Because the Bible says differently

And the funny part is Jacob is a Gentile.

He wants to be Jew just like he wants to be President of the United States.

Not only that, but he is selectively maladjusted.

Truster

Cain and Abel were the first twin sons.Cain being the first twin to come forth and therefore the eldest.

Hawkins

Some of you may already know where I am going with this but here it is anyway. Why would God spare Cain after killing his brother Abel? And who did Cain have children with if his mother and father were the first woman and man?I am not terrible bright when it comes to the Bible genealogy.

The priority back then is to allow humans to grow in numbers, such that mankind as a species wont' die out.

The big picture is, the purpose of the period of time from Adam to Noah is for God to show, with angels as witnesses, that humans are not savable at all. Not even one of them is savable, when measured by God's Law. There's no difference between Cain and Abel in terms of God's Law. It thus says that there should be something called "Covenant" to distinguish the righteous from the wicked, or else Law won't tell the difference between Cain and Abel, they are all dead in front of God's Law.

It is after Noah that humans are identified as either the righteous or the wicked. It is also hinted that somehow both Cain and Abel are under the protection of the same New Covenant we Christians all subject to. By the terms specified in our New Covenant, both Cain and Abel may be the saved as they both are believers of God.

God's Law existed long before the fall of Adam. God's Law is applicable to both humans and angels. That's why both Adam and Satan broke God's Law in Eden. Once angel broke God's Law, he will be chained in Abyss. A covenant on the other hand is granted through the blood of Jesus Christ, and is only applicable to humans but not angels.

AHPeeb

Okay okay, leave Jacob alone. I think he just didn't quite understand what I was saying. He went on to say pretty much exactly the same thing I did just in his words. Maybe he was just having a bad day.
The most important thing is that we got Bee1's original questions answered. Cain wasn't spared. He was cursed by God which is a fate worse than death in my opinion, and Cain most likely would have married one of his own sisters but in all reality we don't know and it doesn't much matter.
On a side note, I personally haven't seen a post from Bee1 on this forum before (though I myself am new to it). We don't know who Bee1 is or where they are at in their walk with Christ. Perhaps they are new to Christianity and came here to have a question answered only to see squabbling between people who are devout Christians. We can do better and I will start with myself.
No you are not. :nono:

Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Bee1

God spares lots of murderer's.
[1Jo 3:15
15 Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.
So there will be murders in heaven? I think "God" told Moses that he will see the promise land but never set foot on it BECAUSE he had too much blood on his hands.

Truster

So there will be murders in heaven? I think "God" told Moses that he will see the promise land but never set foot on it BECAUSE he had too much blood on his hands.

You've got your verses, your circumstances and people mixed up.

Truster

Never use the term "I think" because what you think doesn't matter. What matters is what the scriptures reveal.

AHPeeb

The promised land God told Moses about was the land across the Jordan River. It would eventually become the country of Israel. God himself took Moses to bury him (some even speculate that God took Moses before he died and that Moses will be 1 of the 2 witnesses talked about in Revelations. Whether or not that's true, we don't know.)

Truster

The promised land God told Moses about was the land across the Jordan River. It would eventually become the country of Israel. God himself took Moses to bury him (some even speculate that God took Moses before he died and that Moses will be 1 of the 2 witnesses talked about in Revelations. Whether or not that's true, we don't know.)

The witnesses are the old and new testaments.

Bee1

I agree and I found this article that explains a bit more

In Genesis 5:4 we read a statement that sums up the life of Adam and Eve: “After he begot Seth, the days of Adam were eight hundred years; and he had sons and daughters."

Scripture doesn’t tell us how many children were born to Adam and Eve, but considering their long life spans (Adam lived for 930 years—Genesis 5:5), it would seem logical to suggest there were many. Remember, they were commanded to “be fruitful, and multiply” (Genesis 1:28).

If we now work totally from Scripture, without any personal prejudices or other extrabiblical ideas, then back at the beginning, when there was only the first generation, brothers would have had to marry sisters or there wouldn’t have been any more generations! We’re not told when Cain married or many of the details of other marriages and children, but we can say for certain that Cain’s wife was either his sister or a close relative.

Some say that you can’t marry your relation. Actually, if you don’t marry your relation, you don’t marry a human! A wife is related to her husband before they are married because all people are descendants of Adam and Eve—all are of one blood. This law forbidding close relatives marrying was not given until the time of Moses (Leviticus 18–20). Provided marriage was one man for one woman for life (based on Genesis 1–2), there was no disobedience to God’s law originally (before the time of Moses) when close relatives (even brothers and sisters) married each other.
Remember that Abraham was married to his half-sister (Genesis 20:12). God’s law forbade such marriages, but that was some four hundred years later at the time of Moses.

Each person inherits a set of genes from his or her mother and father. Unfortunately, genes today contain many mistakes (because of sin and the Curse), and these mistakes show up in a variety of ways. The more closely related two people are, the more likely it is that they will have similar mistakes in their genes, inherited from the same parents. Therefore, brother and sister are likely to have similar mistakes in their genetic material. If there were to be a union between these two that produces offspring, children would inherit one set of genes from each of their parents. Because the genes probably have similar mistakes, the mistakes pair together and result in deformities in the children. (Overall, though, the human race is slowly degenerating as mistakes accumulate generation after generation.)

However, this fact of present-day life did not apply to Adam and Eve. When the first two people were created, they were perfect. Everything God made was “very good” (Genesis 1:31). That means their genes were perfect—no mistakes. But when sin entered the world because of Adam (Genesis 3:6), God cursed the world so that the perfect creation then began to degenerate, that is, suffer death and decay (Romans 8:22). Over a long period of time, this degeneration would have resulted in all sorts of mistakes occurring in the genetic material of living things.
But Cain was in the first generation of children ever born. He, as well as his brothers and sisters, would have received virtually no imperfect genes from Adam or Eve, since the effects of sin and the Curse would have been minimal to start with. In that situation, brother and sister could have married (provided it was one man for one woman, which is what marriage is all about, Matthew 19:4–6) without any potential to produce deformed offspring.

By the time of Moses (about 2,500 years later), degenerative mistakes would have accumulated to such an extent in the human race that it would have been necessary for God to bring in the laws forbidding brother-sister (and close relative) marriage (Leviticus 18–20).

https://answersingenesis.org/bible-characters/cain/cains-wife-who-was-she/
Your point has some validity to it, I read somewhere our bodies are losing mass and because of all the medication and pills we take, the immune system is getting weaker. Crazy idea just came to me, maybe we are slowly changing into all mental and no physical, maybe one day we may have to leave this planet and somehow our bodies are preparing. I know that goes against Biblical teaching but just a thought.

Bee1

And the funny part is Jacob is a Gentile.

He wants to be Jew just like he wants to be President of the United States.

Not only that, but he is selectively maladjusted.
You are kidding, right?

AHPeeb

Never use the term "I think" because what you think doesn't matter. What matters is what the scriptures reveal.
I don't think it's a sin to try to speculate at what the Bible doesn't reveal. God doesn't punish curiosity, if anything, He encourages it. Obviously, it's all just speculation and shouldn't be held as doctrine but in itself, it's not sinful. I know I'm going to have many questions for God when I see Him someday, (if I remember them or even care at that point).

Bee1

Okay okay, leave Jacob alone. I think he just didn't quite understand what I was saying. He went on to say pretty much exactly the same thing I did just in his words. Maybe he was just having a bad day.
The most important thing is that we got Bee1's original questions answered. Cain wasn't spared. He was cursed by God which is a fate worse than death in my opinion, and Cain most likely would have married one of his own sisters but in all reality we don't know and it doesn't much matter.
On a side note, I personally haven't seen a post from Bee1 on this forum before (though I myself am new to it). We don't know who Bee1 is or where they are at in their walk with Christ. Perhaps they are new to Christianity and came here to have a question answered only to see squabbling between people who are devout Christians. We can do better and I will start with myself.

Well let me introduce myself, I believe in a supreme being who created us, I also believe that the Bible in it present form has be change and altered to fit a personal agenda (many times). What does Revelation say about taking from or added to the Bible, but it was done anyway. I also believe take that a day will come when all that we be told and taught will be tested. We will know where we came from and where we are going. Remember history is written by the winners therefore only winner's perspective is taught and talked about. Take the Bible for instance, why are some books included and some books with just as much merit are not. Why are so many Biblical stories similar to text written thousands of years before. Who is the "our" in let's make man in our image? Why was God's name taken out the OT? Why a killer of Christians wrote 70% of NT? The Jews are God's chosen people, but the same Jews killed Jesus. Why we celebrate Dec 25th as Jesus birthday when Jesus was born in the spring. Jesus died and rose in three days, Friday afternoon to Sunday morning is not three days. I think you get the gist. Anything Man touches, he change. Good and bad.

Bee1

Then the Lord spoke to Moses and Aaron, 'Because you did not believe Me, to hallow Me [proclaim my name holy] in the eyes of the children of Israel, therefore you shall not bring this assembly into the land which I have given them.' " (Numbers 20:12)

Truster

Then the Lord spoke to Moses and Aaron, 'Because you did not believe Me, to hallow Me [proclaim my name holy] in the eyes of the children of Israel, therefore you shall not bring this assembly into the land which I have given them.' " (Numbers 20:12)

Nothing there about to much blood on his hands...try again.