God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness

Prizebeatz1

Greetings again jamie,
Yes he did, but it is a large subject. Perhaps we should start with the following, but I am not sure you would fully agree with this:
John 17:1-3 (KJV): 1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: 2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. 3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Kind regards
Trevor

Jesus is a metaphor for the soul. "That they might know thee" points to us knowing our own divinity so that we know we are one with the infinite and eternal part of us which is one and the same as God. God gave the soul to us for good reason. We've been finding ways to justify ignoring it with disastrous consequences and then we think the effects are normal. It needs to stop now.

Lilstu

Not even.

Genesis 1:3 Then God said...​

Christ spoke and it was so, no help needed. Awesome display of power.

Then "God said..." in verses 6, 9, 11, 14, 20, 24, 26.

Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it...

:cool:

I am so amazed that sometimes people want to take the Bible literally and when their theology is at stake they take the Bible figuratively.

Prizebeatz1

I am so amazed that sometimes people want to take the Bible literally and when their theology is at stake they take the Bible figuratively.

I don't see a problem with it. I think it's okay to change your mind especially if something more accurate comes along. Let's take it easy on ourselves. Most people are only doing the best they can with what they know. Watch how the personality will punish itself for being wrong which doubles the amount of suffering. The personality will judge itself for judging itself. We've got to be careful. The only rule is to don't judge but watch how subconsciously easy it is for this to happen. The personality is very very very cunning. It is depicted as a serpent for good reason.

Prizebeatz1

You are a metaphor for fallen man in need of Jesus Christ, who is God -

The soul is unconditional infinity and eternity in themselves. Is Jesus more infinite and eternal than that? If so, please explain in what way. Now watch how quickly the father of lies has to come up with more lies to justify it's ignorance of God and the soul. It's too proud and has too much to lose. The collective personality has you in a headlock so badly it's not even funny.

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Isn't that polytheism.....more than one God?

Elohim is uniplural. Are you familiar with E Pluribus Unum?

1 Corinthians 12:12 For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ.​

God is one body with more than one member of that body.

6days

Likewise... we are amazed that authors throughout scripture refer to Biblical history as truth... yet evolutionists wish to dismiss it as allegorical. Even many atheists understand that if Adam and original sin is myth, the gospel is destroyed.

TrevorL

Greetings again Jamie and Greetings Prizebeatz1,
What did Jesus mean by the term "true God"?
I have not considered this in detail, but the immediate concept that it suggests to me is that firstly the One True God is in contrast to the many false gods, who are not gods, but mainly represent man’s imagination. Another suggestion is that the word “true” is also used in the sense where Jesus uses the expression that he is the “true” vine. Everything that could be used to explain what a vine is, is fully incorporated in Jesus. Everything that could be used to describe what a god is, is fully revealed in the One and Only True God, His Character, His Power, His Wisdom, His Mercy and Love .
Jesus is a metaphor for the soul. "That they might know thee" points to us knowing our own divinity so that we know we are one with the infinite and eternal part of us which is one and the same as God. God gave the soul to us for good reason. We've been finding ways to justify ignoring it with disastrous consequences and then we think the effects are normal. It needs to stop now.
I appreciate your response, but I do not fully accept what you have stated, and do not feel comfortable with terms such as “our own divinity” and question what you really mean by “God gave the soul to us”. I believe that Genesis 2:7 defines the soul, and the Genesis record teaches that the soul is mortal and returns to the dust when we die.

Kind regards
Trevor

beameup

Genesis 1:27
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Genesis 5:1
This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him
Deuteronomy 4:32a
For ask now of the days that are past, which were before thee, since the day that God created man upon the earth, and ask from the one side of heaven unto the other, whether there hath been any such thing as this great thing is, or hath been heard like it?
Isaiah 45:11a & 12
Thus saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker... I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even My hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.
Genesis 6:7a
And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth

NOTE: Not a single mention of "angels" being involved in CREATION of Man,
and in the verses, 'elohiym = YHWH

Last edited:

TrevorL

Greetings again beameup,
NOTE: Not a single mention of "angels" being involved in CREATION of Man, and 'elohiym = YHWH
The following distinguishes between Yahweh and Elohim, and the KJV correctly translates Elohim here as angels. This is David’s succinct summary of Genesis 1:26-27 and thus your claim that Yahweh=Elohim is not valid in the context of Genesis 1:26-27.
Psalm 8:3-5 (KJV): 3 When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; 4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? 5 For thou (Yahweh verse 1) hast made him a little lower than the angels (Elohim), and hast crowned him with glory and honour.

Kind regards
Trevor

beameup

Greetings again beameup,

The following distinguishes between Yahweh and Elohim, and the KJV correctly translates Elohim here as angels. This is David’s succinct summary of Genesis 1:26-27 and thus your claim that Yahweh=Elohim is not valid in the context of Genesis 1:26-27.

Trevor

YHWH is an 'elohim, but not all 'elohim are YHWH.
You are clearly in error, as the verses I posted clearly demonstrate.
context-context-context. "Context" seems to evade your understanding.

BTW, in Hebrew, plural must be 3 or more.
Since your cult was formed in the 19th century, a lot of "knowledge" was simply unavailable in the "horse-and-buggy" era. Your "theology" simply will no longer "hold-up" to scrutiny.

And the LORD God YHWH-'elohiym formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. - Genesis 2:7

Last edited:

Prizebeatz1

Greetings again Jamie and Greetings Prizebeatz1,
I have not considered this in detail, but the immediate concept that it suggests to me is that firstly the One True God is in contrast to the many false gods, who are not gods, but mainly represent man’s imagination. Another suggestion is that the word “true” is also used in the sense where Jesus uses the expression that he is the “true” vine. Everything that could be used to explain what a vine is, is fully incorporated in Jesus. Everything that could be used to describe what a god is, is fully revealed in the One and Only True God, His Character, His Power, His Wisdom, His Mercy and Love .
I appreciate your response, but I do not fully accept what you have stated, and do not feel comfortable with terms such as “our own divinity” and question what you really mean by “God gave the soul to us”. I believe that Genesis 2:7 defines the soul, and the Genesis record teaches that the soul is mortal and returns to the dust when we die.

Kind regards
Trevor

John 3:16 is about the soul. The teaching about Genesis is man-made. It is someone's else's interpretation. The soul is not mortal. The personality is. More accurately the personality is seen as a falsehood, an imitation of our true identity. We take the personality to be all of who and what we are but our nature is infinite. The personality is a fictitious identity that only exists in the mind and depends on time for its survival.

In contrast the soul is the eternal and infinite part of us. And yes it does include the personality. How could it not since God is infinite? The unconscious misunderstanding is that we are separate from God. We are not. God is infinite. How can we ever separate from that which is infinite? The moral to the story is that we are one with God because of the soul.

Part of the misunderstanding lies in the fact that we think God is outside of us somewhere. The truth is God dwells within us too. Our internal divinity is the soul and it's been neglected, rejected and buried. Plus we believe we have to die to experience God. Not so. Jesus himself says this is a grave error for God is a god of the living and not the dead. If we ignore the soul, how else are we supposed to experience God while we are alive? The collective personality has set up a system to guarantee we experience God only when we are dead. Yet God is right here in this exact moment and nowhere else.

Last edited:

Ben Masada

God said, "Let us make man in our image after our likeness.

Since God has no face or likeness to any thing whatsoever, according to Isaiah 46:5, the reference must be to the attributes of God. To solidify that statement about God, Jesus said in John 4:24 that God is a Spirit. Since spirits don't have faces of forms of any sort, the attributes of God were in action when He formed man. Then, to make man in the image of God, He must be
corporeal and, incorporeality is one of the attributes of God.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I have not considered this in detail, but the immediate concept that it suggests to me is that firstly the One True God is in contrast to the many false gods, who are not gods, but mainly represent man’s imagination.

Yes, in 1 Corinthians 8:5-6 Paul said, "For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords), yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him, and one Lord Jesus Christ through whom are all things and through whom we live."

There are many so-called gods but only one true God, our Father.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Psalm 8:3-5 (KJV): 3 When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; 4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? 5 For thou (Yahweh verse 1) hast made him a little lower than the angels (Elohim), and hast crowned him with glory and honour.

Yes, angels is correct. Hebrews 2:9 says, "But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone."

Angels don't normally suffer death, humans easily suffer death. Big difference.

However, the Holy Spirit has not put the world to come in subjection to angels, which I believe was the case before Adam.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Genesis 1:27
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Genesis 5:1
This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him
Deuteronomy 4:32a
For ask now of the days that are past, which were before thee, since the day that God created man upon the earth, and ask from the one side of heaven unto the other, whether there hath been any such thing as this great thing is, or hath been heard like it?
Isaiah 45:11a & 12
Thus saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker... I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even My hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.
Genesis 6:7a
And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth

NOTE: Not a single mention of "angels" being involved in CREATION of Man,
and in the verses, 'elohiym = YHWH

God was the conductor of the Creation, and the angels were the orchestra.

You all read way too far into the Scripture- the notion that 'our' or 'Elohim' is speaking of the Trinity, is farfetched and unrealistic. The Jews understood what God revealed, and your obscene revision is simply a reflection of what caused your MADism :wave:

CherubRam

And God ['Elohim] said, Let US make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. - Genesis 1:26
[FONT=&quot]Genesis 1:26[/FONT][FONT=&quot],[/FONT][FONT=&quot]27[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
God spoke, making man in (our / their) image and likeness. "Let him dominate the fish of the sea, the birds of the sky, the livestock animals, and all the earth, and every land animal that walks the earth." 27 So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

"Let us" is AIT. It is not in original scriptures.[/FONT]