God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness

6days

The earth was not originally created wasted and ruined.
Correct..... The only time it was 'wasted and ruined' was the global flood.
Evolutionists like to change the wording God used in Genesis 1 to try slip in their compromised Gospel.
Genesis 1 tells us " In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2*Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters."
Notice there is nothing about "wasted and ruined". God created the earth formless and empty. Scripture then tells us that over the next six days, God formed the earth, and He filled it.
Then in the recreation of the earth for humans we know the sun existed because the earth had liquid water, it was not a frozen waste.
The Bible says nothing about a recreation... or a 2nd beginning. Jamie..... you seem to call God a liar. He tells us that water and light were created on the first day. The sun was created 4 days later.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
OK, I'll share a secret with you, but you mustn't tell anybody, the earth is older than 6000 years. In fact it is billions of years old and the universe is even older.

Shhh...

beameup

OK, I'll share a secret with you, but you mustn't tell anybody, the earth is older than 6000 years. In fact it is billions of years old and the universe is even older.

Shhh...

What was the speed of light at the time of creation, before entropy was introduced into the creation?

It's all relative - A. Einstein

TrevorL

Greetings again beameup,
Isaiah is the direct object of the verse. Isaiah was a human being, not a seraph.
I agree that Isaiah is not a seraph, and I did not in any way suggest this.
The verse is self-explanatory - it is a "conversation" between two divine beings, followed by a statement by a human-being.
In the vision there is only the King – Priest and the Seraphim. Yes these Seraphim are depicted as divine beings. The King – Priest sitting on the throne of the Most Holy Place in the Temple in effect replaces the static Mercy Seat, where God’s Shekinah glory was revealed to Moses and others. The Seraphim replace the static Cherubim that were mounted on the Ark of the Covenant, and in the Mosaic Tabernacle and Solomon's Temple their faces were directed towards the Mercy Seat. The divine Being, God the Father is NOT present in the vision, as God the Father was in heaven, while the vision is about things upon the earth. But here in this vision the typical comes alive. The King – Priest is speaking to his attendants the Seraphim. Isaiah is able to see into the Temple, which was not lawful under the Mosaic system and is greatly humbled by the experience, and he is cleansed by a live coal on his lips administered by a Seraphim. Isaiah then hears the call or invitation, and responds to the overheard message between the King – Priest and the Seraphim.

Kind regards
Trevor

beameup

In the vision there is only the King – Priest and the Seraphim. Yes these Seraphim are depicted as divine beings.

In the verse quoted, there is no reference to the "seraphim" speaking or God speaking on their behalf. That is pure "conjecture" on your part and cannot be backed-up by other scriptures.

The LORD [YHWH] said unto my [David's] Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool. The LORD [YHWH] hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou [Lord] art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.
The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of His wrath. He [Lord] shall judge among the heathen, He shall fill the places with the dead bodies; He [Lord] shall wound the heads over many countries.

Psalm 110:1,4-6

TrevorL

Greetings again beameup,
In the verse quoted, there is no reference to the "seraphim" speaking or God speaking on their behalf. That is pure "conjecture" on your part and cannot be backed-up by other scriptures.
I never suggested that the Seraphim are speaking in Isaiah 6:8 because it clearly says that it was “the voice of the Lord”. Also I do not believe it is God speaking as Isaiah saw the King – Priest seated in the Temple, and this King – Priest is “the Lord” who speaks in verse 8. This is a vision of Jesus in his future role.
Isaiah 6:1-3,8 (KJV): 1 In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple. 2 Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly. 3 And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.
8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Isaiah saw “the Lord” verse 1, and heard the voice of “the Lord” in verse 8, the same Lord, the King – Priest enthroned in the Temple. Not much "conjecture" here. I have no trouble with Psalm 110, and I am not sure why you have quoted this. Psalm 110 clearly shows the distinction between David’s Lord, our Lord Jesus Christ the Son of God and Yahweh, God the Father.

Kind regards
Trevor

6days

I don't really believe the earth is billions of years old. I am more apt to believe the earth is very young. The bible may be open for people to interpret how they will but this is one thing that simply doesn't matter at all when it comes to salvation. Now I think it would have an effect on ones psyche if they believed they were evolved from some primate instead of created. That wouldn't be good.
I agree. But I think a bigger problem is that evolutionism erodes or destroys the gospel. If physical death is not the result of Adam's sin, then what purpose was there in Christ's physical death and resurrection. Evolutionism has millions of years of pain, suffering, extinctions and death existing before sin....as part of what God calls "very good".

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Shhh...

Pure speculation. My "speculation" is, the world about us is somewhere between six and ten thousand years old. Some believe in an old world (billions of years) and others believe in a young world. (Six to ten thousand years.) It's a personal thing. Since nobody is around thousands or billions of years ago and still around, there's no way anybody can be dogmatic about this subject.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I agree. But I think a bigger problem is that evolutionism erodes or destroys the gospel.

Evolution has nothing to do with the actual age of the earth or mankind. We know from Leviticus 23 that mankind has existed on this planet for almost 7000 years and Leviticus does not promote the theory of evolution. You're off on a rabbit trail.

What scripture says that the earth was not inhabited before Adam?

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Pure speculation. My "speculation" is, the world about us is somewhere between six and ten thousand years old. Some believe in an old world (billions of years) and others believe in a young world. (Six to ten thousand years.) It's a personal thing. Since nobody is around thousands or billions of years ago and still around, there's no way anybody can be dogmatic about this subject.

That's not true. The Holy Spirit has been around for awhile now.

Prizebeatz1

He does indeed.

Yes that is interesting but in my experience the presence of God is one with unshakeable unity and wholeness. It is a state of indivisible uniformity as hinted by the purity of a virgin. It is immaculate and without blemish. I'm unsure how that relates to God referring to him/herself in multiples as in "Let us make man in our image." That's definitely an area of exploration.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes that is interesting but in my experience the presence of God is one with unshakeable unity and wholeness. It is a state of indivisible uniformity as hinted by the purity of a virgin. It is immaculate and without blemish. I'm unsure how that relates to God referring to him/herself in multiples as in "Let us make man in our image." That's definitely an area of exploration.

The Father offers people the kingdom of God through his Son. Some take it, some don't.

6days

Jamie said:
Evolution has nothing to do with the actual age of the earth or mankind.
Depends if you mean adaptation that is observable science, and consistent with God'sWord and a young eath. Or, do you mean common ancestry beliefs, which is psuedoscience and anti-Biblical.*
Jamie said:
What scripture says that the earth was not inhabited before Adam?
God created the earth, atmosphere, light and vegetation during the first 3 days.
Day 4 lights in the heavens.
Day 5 God created sea life and birds
Day 6 God created land animals, then completed creation with man.*
This chapter describes this as "the beginning".

Jesus tells us that male and female were created from "the beginning" of creation. Mark 10:6

John the Baptists dad filled with the Spirit said that since the beginning of the world, prophets had spoke of a coming Savior. Luke 1:70*

Jesus referred to Abel as the first prophet from the foundation of the world. Luke 11:50,51

Jamie...there is nothing in scripture suggesting the earth had inhabitants before God formed Adam from the dust and Eve from Adam's rib. To add your secular ideas of prior inhabitants, and previous beginnings into scripture is 'willing ignorance' upon scripture.*

Prizebeatz1

God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness

The Father offers people the kingdom of God through his Son. Some take it, some don't.

Correct. But the Son is the soul for which the literal man named Jesus is symbolism. God is infinite and eternal. The soul is infinite and eternal. Like Father like Son. How can one experience what is infinite and eternal without the soul? The literal Jesus will not do the job. He who has seen the soul has seen the Father because they are both infinite and eternal. One cannot experience God without knowing their own soul. It and the Father are one. The literal interpretation of Jesus is a misunderstanding and a misinterpretation. Most people don't know any better.

So ask yourself if God is infinite and eternal. If not then it is not God. If so then tell me how the literal Jesus translates to being infinite and eternal. In what way would that be true? Also ask yourself if the literal version of Jesus is more likely to be infinite and eternal or if it makes more sense that the soul is more likely to be infinite and eternal. Out of the two options which would be more likely? Which is it? Why should we pretend to believe a highly unlikely theology to make Jesus God? Are we too proud to be wrong? Ask yourself this question and answer honestly.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Depends if you mean adaptation that is observable science, and consistent with God'sWord and a young eath. Or, do you mean common ancestry beliefs, which is psuedoscience and anti-Biblical.

I don't know what you mean by adaptation that is observable science. If you mean astronomy then we are aware of parallax with regard to interstellar distances.

Christ saw Satan fall but Moses didn't record it. Moses doesn't mention dinosaurs, does that mean they didn't exist. Moses doesn't record why God started with a planet that was without form and void and yet angels rejoiced at its creation. Also Moses doesn't record why some angels left their habitation. And so on.

:think:

TrevorL

Greetings Nonon and jamie,
God referred to himself as more than one.
He does indeed.
Deuteronomy 6:4-5 (KJV): 4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: 5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

Mark 12:28-34 (KJV): 28 And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all? 29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: 30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. 31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these. 32 And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he: 33 And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices. 34 And when Jesus saw that he answered discreetly, he said unto him, Thou art not far from the kingdom of God. And no man after that durst ask him any question.

1 Corinthians 8:5-6 (KJV): 5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) 6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Kind regards
Trevor

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Deuteronomy 6:4-5 (KJV): 4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: 5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

Nice post. Did Jesus explain what one LORD meant?

TrevorL

Greetings again jamie,
Nice post. Did Jesus explain what one LORD meant?
Yes he did, but it is a large subject. Perhaps we should start with the following, but I am not sure you would fully agree with this:
John 17:1-3 (KJV): 1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: 2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. 3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Kind regards
Trevor