God does not have a Father

Danoh

At least a post has been changed since one post is not a quote of another, a post being replied to. I made the comment that I did not know something that he knows, but I no longer know what it was in reference to. However, I was asking the reason for the post. The Scripture quote or verse. Apparently a quote of Jesus' words.

Sorry if vague. I also did not know about the post or quote change.

:rotfl:

You're some character, J.

Rom. 5:8.

Danoh

So are you saying that when the Lord Jesus told the Jews the following He was correcting them in their idea that He was claiming to be God?:

"Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God...For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will...That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him" (Jn.5:18,21,23).​

The words of the Lord Jesus there would certainly enforce the Jew's idea that He was claiming to be God. Those words would NOT correct the Jew's idea that He was claiming to be God, as you imagine!

Yep; it appears to have been a belief they had held to about The coming Son - which was why they took issue with Him - they did not believe He was that Son.

Think about that people - it appears to have a belief within Judaism all along - way before "the gospel event."

Praise the Lord for the testimony of His Rightly Divided Word!

Isaiah 41:4 Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he.

Isaiah 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Isaiah 48:12 Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.

Revelation 1:10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, 1:11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea. 1:12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; 1:13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

Revelation 22:6 And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done. 22:7 Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.

22:10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand. 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Again...

Isaiah 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his (Israel's) redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

John 1:49 Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel.

John 20:26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. 20:27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My LORD and my God. 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. 20:30 And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Nevertheless, Romans 5:8 towards you unbelievers on here.

Danoh

Shalom.

Jacob

Shalom with me is not the Shalom you should be worried about - not if you are believing in your works for your salvation.

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? 3:4 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain. 3:5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness. 3:7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

Romans 5:8.

drbrumley

Isaiah 40:3
A voice of one calling: "In the wilderness prepare the way for the LORD; make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

Matthew 3:3
This is he who was spoken of through the prophet Isaiah: "A voice of one calling in the wilderness, 'Prepare the way for the LORD, make straight paths for him.'"

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom with me is not the Shalom you should be worried about - not if you are believing in your works for your salvation.

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? 3:4 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain. 3:5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness. 3:7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

Romans 5:8.
I am not. But I am not worried.

drbrumley

Isaiah 43:11
I, even I, am the LORD, and apart from me there is no savior.

Titus 2:13
while we wait for the blessed hope-the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ,

drbrumley

Isaiah 44:6
"This is what the LORD says- Israel's King and Redeemer, the LORD Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God.

Revelation 1:17
When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: "Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last.

drbrumley

Matthew 12:8
For the Son of Man is LORD of the Sabbath."

Exodus 20:10-11
but the seventh day is a sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns. 11For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

drbrumley

Psalm 24:10
Who is he, this King of glory? The LORD Almighty- he is the King of glory.

1 Corinthians 2:8
None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the LORD of glory.

drbrumley

Psalm 23:1
A psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing.

John 10:11
"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Jehovah of the Old Testament and the Jesus of the New Testament are one and the same.

Shalom.

God's name is Yahveh. From YHVH, or from right to left in the Hebrew language, yod hey vav hey.

יהוה

Jesus is His Son. These truths are independent of the two covenants that you have mentioned, the old and the new covenants, the old covenant and the new covenant. Often covenant is referred to by the word testament. It can also be said that the covenants, even these covenants, are not the Scriptures themselves. I am a Jew, of Israel, as a proselyte and a convert to Israel and Judaism. I accept the TaNaKh and Matthew through Revelation. I accept Yeshua as the Messiah. The Bible is sometimes broken up into The Old Covenant and The New Covenant. Then is The Old Covenant which is read, The Torah, The TaNaKh, or the 39 Books also called The Old Testament?

Shalom.

Jacob

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
So are you saying that when the Lord Jesus told the Jews the following He was correcting them in their idea that He was claiming to be God?:

"Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God...For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will...That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him" (Jn.5:18,21,23).​

The words of the Lord Jesus there would certainly enforce the Jew's idea that He was claiming to be God. Those words would NOT correct the Jew's idea that He was claiming to be God, as you imagine!

Bait and switch.

Lousy tactic.

Interesting that you leave out 19 and 20.

Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.
For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
At least a post has been changed since one post is not a quote of another, a post being replied to. I made the comment that I did not know something that he knows, but I no longer know what it was in reference to. However, I was asking the reason for the post. The Scripture quote or verse. Apparently a quote of Jesus' words.

Sorry if vague. I also did not know about the post or quote change.

I have not swayed from your OP.

oatmeal

When the Lord Jesus said that God was His Father the Jews who heard Him say that correctly understood Him to be claiming to be God (Jn.5:18). When the Lord Jesus said that He is the Son of God the Jews who heard Him correctly understood Him to be saying that He is God (Jn.10:33-36).

Read John 5:18

Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God.

"Equal with God" does not equate with "is God"

No more than "femaies are equal to males" equates with "females are males"

Or "children are equal with adults" and "children have all the attributes of adults"

Again, why don't you believe what Jesus said instead of bleiveing those who wanted to murder Jesus Christ?

John 10:33-36

The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.”
34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your law, ‘I said, “You are gods” ’?
35 If He called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken),
36 do you say of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’?

oatmeal

If you do not honor the son, you cannot say you are honoring the Father of the son.

Especially if the son, instead of doing his own will, always did the Father's will.

Thus Jesus was worthy of the honor that you would give to someone who always did the Father's will.

Are you a son of God? You are if you are saved. I John 3:1-2

Should you be honored when you do the will of the Father?

Yes, you should, I Corinthians 12:23-26

Why should we honor the Father? Because the Father always does His will. He does not do my will, nor does he do your will, the Father does what He says He will do. He has integrity.

If God did not do His own will as He says promises to do, then the Father would not be worthy of honor for He would lack integrity

oatmeal

Isaiah 43:11
I, even I, am the LORD, and apart from me there is no savior.

Titus 2:13
while we wait for the blessed hope-the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ,

God is the source of salvation, but being God He has the management skills to delegate.

Nehemiah 9:27

We do wait for the appearing of the glory...., Jesus Christ

We do not wait for the appearing of our Great God and Savior, but we wait for the appearing of His glory, Jesus Christ.