God does not have a Father

glorydaz

Take it up with Paul when you see him.

Far be it from me to report you for not staying on topic, it's one of the reasons I like this site.

I made a true observation. :)

The quotes were from John, so I have no idea what you're talking about.

You just gave your opinion....call it a true observation if you like.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You want to know what?

Your question is so vague.
At least a post has been changed since one post is not a quote of another, a post being replied to. I made the comment that I did not know something that he knows, but I no longer know what it was in reference to. However, I was asking the reason for the post. The Scripture quote or verse. Apparently a quote of Jesus' words.

Sorry if vague. I also did not know about the post or quote change.

Danoh

When the Lord Jesus said that God was His Father the Jews who heard Him say that correctly understood Him to be claiming to be God (Jn.5:18). When the Lord Jesus said that He is the Son of God the Jews who heard Him correctly understood Him to be saying that He is God (Jn.10:33-36).

Yep. As do many of today's MJs (Messianic Jews).

Be well, Jerry.

D

Rom. 5:8.

Jerry Shugart

Yeah, that's why Jesus corrected them.

So are you saying that when the Lord Jesus told the Jews the following He was correcting them in their idea that He was claiming to be God?:

"Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God...For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will...That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him" (Jn.5:18,21,23).​

The words of the Lord Jesus there would certainly enforce the Jew's idea that He was claiming to be God. Those words would NOT correct the Jew's idea that He was claiming to be God, as you imagine!