ECT God does NOT grant eternal life

Cross Reference

This all seems somewhat semantic to me.

As you say, death does not equal non-existence but rather a separation. Physical death is the separation of our soul/spirit from our physical body. Spiritual death is the separation of our soul/spirit from God.

Our spirit belongs to God, "Who gave it". Ergo, all souls belong to Him while they remain united with the body. When our body dies, mans spirit returns to Him.

Granting that, then a man who is dead in sin (i.e. separated from God) is brought to new life in Christ upon believing the gospel and placing his faith in the finished work of Christ on his behalf. How is that not "granting eternal life"?

Conditionally, yes.

John 17:3 And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.​

That certainly is a condition, isn't it? However, it is spoken by Jesus to imply intimacy with God and Himself.

Romans 7:9 I was alive once without the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died.

Yes meaning the intensity of the power of the law of Paul's flesh, increased. Spiritual warfare had begun. You should understand that if you are a Christian.

1 Corinthians 15:21 For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead.
Yes. For since by man, without God indwelling him, came death, by man also, with the indwelling of God, came the resurrection of the dead.

Philippians 3:8 Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; 10 that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, 11 if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.
Resting in Him,
Clete

Certainly the resulting evidence of one who is born again and on his agape road journey, seeking to know God and Jesus Christ Whom He has sent, . . . . to Father's House..

Cross Reference

If you meant to equate death with Calvinism then you've finally said something I can agree with.

Yes. Calvinism has left man snared by its dogma, with no assurances. Proof of that lies in the fact of they wilfully ignore the historical evidence of God who seeks man for Himself and how man is able of himself to secure His favor and salvation by living by His Precepts without presumption mingled with them..

Cross Reference

Believing the gospel : Salvation: :Regeneration : Discipleship. Think about it because there is certainly more merely saved souls than there are disciples of Jesus Christ.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Yes. Calvinism has left man snared by its dogma, with no assurances. Proof of that lies in the fact of they wilfully ignore the historical evidence of God who seeks man for Himself and how man is able of himself to secure His favor and salvation by living by His Precepts without presumption mingled with them..
MADs have the most accurate doctrines

Rosenritter

The dead know nothing until Judgement - then they will know plenty and it won't be good.

I have two questions for you Tweety:

1. The dead are raised to life at the judgment. Is this why you say they no longer "know nothing?"
2. For the unrepentant that receive condemnation at that judgment, will they receive the wages of their sin?

TweetyBird

I have two questions for you Tweety:

1. The dead are raised to life at the judgment. Is this why you say they no longer "know nothing?"
2. For the unrepentant that receive condemnation at that judgment, will they receive the wages of their sin?

The dead are raised at Judgment, but not to life that I am aware of - although I am not sure what you mean by that.

All will be judged, no exceptions. Judgment will differ between believer and non-believer. Both groups will reap what is promised to them.

TweetyBird

It won't be good?

Why is that? What's so bad about judgment? Have you never had a performance review?

The unbelievers will get bad news and go to the bad place. Unless you think total separation from God is a good thing? Judgment is for all mankind, regardless of who you are or think you are :)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The unbelievers will get bad news and go to the bad place. Unless you think total separation from God is a good thing? Judgment is for all mankind, regardless of who you are or think you are :)

Is there any possibility that you might be mistaken on this judgment issue?

Death is the only separation from God.

Psalms 139:7-8: "Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend into heaven, You are there, if I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there."

Rosenritter

Psalms 139:7-8: "Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend into heaven, You are there, if I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there."
For some people, that judgment will be the first time they have heard truth.

Danoh

Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Rosenritter

True...regretabbly...
Did you notice that only those whose names are not written in the book of life are cast into hell fire? When are the names being written?

Jonah 4:10-11 KJV
Then said the Lord , Thou hast had pity on the gourd, for the which thou hast not laboured, neither madest it grow; which came up in a night, and perished in a night: [11] And should not I spare Nineveh, that great city, wherein are more than sixscore thousand persons that cannot discern between their right hand and their left hand; and also much cattle?

When is the book of life opened?