ECT God decides who does or doesn't believe.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I think you’re purposefully ignoring the moderate Calvinist position because you’re unable to deal with it unless you bundle it up with hyper Calvinist doctrine. You’re showing weakness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe St. John trumped you and you think you know scripture better than me? You are a :dunce:

Danoh

I can see how you come to this.

Of the various passages I cited, take this one, for example...

Romans 10:1 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.

We know from Acts and in various passages in Paul's writings that although that may have been Paul's heart's desire (in other words, his heart felt prayer, thus, those two phrasings in that passage), nevertheless, his had been a heartfelt desire towards God as to the salvation of Israel that God had NOT been able to grant him.

For while, on the one hand, God's own desire was /is "that all men be saved" 1 Tim. 2:4, on the other hand, man obviously has free will *.

Anyway, at this point, I will have to continue to hold to the understanding that it is the Believer's heart attitude that the various prayer, evangelism, etc., passages are attempting to focus the Believer on.

And why not?

Romans 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Seems to me an attitude of gratitude is what doing things in remembrance of Him, has always been God's desire as to the Believer's heart.

Romans 9:30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith. 9:31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness. 9:32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone; 9:33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

And...

Philippians 1:12 But I would ye should understand, brethren, that the things which happened unto me have fallen out rather unto the furtherance of the gospel; 1:13 So that my bonds in Christ are manifest in all the palace, and in all other places; 1:14 And many of the brethren in the Lord, waxing confident by my bonds, are much more bold to speak the word without fear.

1:19 For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ, 1:20 According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death. 1:21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

The Believer's Heart Attitude!

At the same time, whether we are agreed or not on any of the above, whether
a little, or a lot, nevertheless, thank you for your contribution to the renewing of my mind on these things that your words set off in me, as I meditated on these issues once more, and in light of the Scripture on them.

Such is never a waste of time.

Such is ever a redeeming of the time.

Rom. 14:5 - in memory of Rom. 5:6-8 - in each our stead.

* And man o man what an expensive spending account said free will can be...

Romans 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; 1:19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I was just hoping you were not offended by me saying I know scripture better than you. And JW. I wouldn’t be if you said the same to me. That’s all

OK, have a good night and play well now.
bye