Fauxahontas: 53

Pete the Butt: 26

Mike "a billion dollars doesn't buy as many votes as it used to" Bloomberg: 44

Klobuchar (who?): 7

Gabbard (???): 1

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Looks like I jumped the gun this morning - i blame my service provider :eek:

So Bernie and Biden turned out even closer. Great :)

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Creepy Uncle Joe: 566

Bread Line Bernie: 501

Fauxahontas: 61

Pete the Butt: 26

Mike "a billion dollars doesn't buy as many votes as it used to" Bloomberg: 53

Traditio

BANNED
Banned

How do you not know who Amy Klobuchar and Tulsi Gabbard are?

Amy Klobuchar is a senator from Minnesota. She's a centrist/moderate democrat. She's practicaly in favor of doing basically nothing for the next 4 years.

Tulsi Gabbard is a congresswoman from Hawaii. She's in favor of universal healthcare and ending the foreign regime change wars.

If Bernie Sanders weren't in the race, she'd probably be doing a lot better.

ok doser

How do you not know who Amy Klobuchar and Tulsi Gabbard are?

Sherman was following my form from earlier this morning

I wrote them as I did because they are inconsequential in the race - I know who they are, they've been discussed here before.

Especially the Hawaiian chick :Shimei:

ok doser

Bloomberg's out of the race, but according to Slate he plans to rub sand in the eye of Trad:

Bloomberg, who has a net worth of about $58 billion according to Forbes, was already one of the most important Democratic donors before he ran for president. He and his various groups spent more than $41 million on two dozen congressional races during the 2018 midterms, which helped give the party its House majority. That could be just a tiny preview of what he’s about to do during this year’s general election. Bloomberg has promised to continue paying his massive campaign team to support the party’s eventual nominee in November, unless it is Sen. Bernie Sanders.

:darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm::darwinsm: :darwinsm::darwinsm: :darwinsm::darwinsm: :darwinsm:

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Bloomberg's out of the race, but according to Slate he plans to rub sand in the eye of Trad:

Bernie is a Democratic Party insurgent, just as Trump was an insurgent to the Republican Party in 2016.

The whole Democratic Party establishment is against Bernie--everyone from the Clintons on down. And of course Bloomberg wants anyone but Bernie to be president. Corporate Democrats would rather have 4 more years of Trump than see a Bernie presidency.

ok doser

Regarding delegates of withdrawn candidates:

... The Democratic National Committee’s rules only say that pledged delegates “shall in all good conscience reflect the sentiments of those who elected them.” So come convention day, delegates selected to represent a dropped-out candidate don’t have to cast their ballot for that candidate — or for the person their candidate endorsed.
So while Bloomberg, Buttigieg and Klobuchar have all endorsed Biden, don’t immediately add their delegates to his total.
However: Campaigns have effective veto control over the people who become their pledged delegates, meaning delegates will likely be loyal to the candidate themselves and honor their wishes.

more really confusing stuff: https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...legates-121442

Short answer - those delegates probably will go to Biden forcing Bernie to work even harder to close a bigger gap. The very real potential exists of Bernie going into the convention with more delegates than Biden but not enough more to counteract these at-large delegates.

Which means a meltdown of the democrat party :banana: :banana::banana::banana::banana:

ok doser

Bernie is a Democratic Party insurgent, just as Trump was an insurgent to the Republican Party in 2016.

The whole Democratic Party establishment is against Bernie--everyone from the Clintons on down. And of course Bloomberg wants anyone but Bernie to be president. Corporate Democrats would rather have 4 more years of Trump than see a Bernie presidency.

Has Bernie made any hints about who he might choose as a running mate?

Has Biden?