Gnosticism:

Yazichestvo

I could be wrong, but didn't some for of Gnostic Judaism predate Christianity? That's what I recall reading, anyway.

Quincy

I could be wrong, but didn't some for of Gnostic Judaism predate Christianity? That's what I recall reading, anyway.

I think that the Nazarenes were Gnostics as well, but Gnosticism as a worldview was only really known as through it's opponents until Valentinus, and even then nothing really changed until the discovery of the NHL. If my studies are correct anyways.

Letsargue

We can call the '4th dimension' the 'transcendental...but are there not dimensions beyond the 4th within the infinite expanse, as far as dimensions or densities of existence exist to be defined or differentiated? Also consider that the absolute infinity of God is beyond measure, definity or dimension. Infinity is boundless and can never be limited or confined to any dimension. So...'God' is even prior to and beyond 4 dimensions, transcending the 'heights' :)

As noted, the theme of 'light' and 'shadow' is wonderful,..because both 'appear' to exist where ever there is the perception of 'contrast'; enter: relativity. God's face is omni-radiant, so there is no backside, except what the finite mind imagines, seeing only one 'side' of things instead of pure omniscience.

The grand Universe does exist within finite bounderies/dimensions, however immense it is, so it is not wholly true that the universe (so defined) is infinite, although we can say that 'The Creation'(as the totality of omni-active energy) which includes all divine activity and consciousness....is infinite...in that this vitality of Life is omni-active while 'unmanifest' or 'manifesting' within space or time. If we consider 'God' as 'One' and 'All',....then in truth...there is nothing but the context of eternity/infinity....and space/time arising as a perception of relativity to the senses.

Even in the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th dimension...as long as these are 'defined' and relative to other dimensions...there are 'relations'. 'God' is the One Infinity that is absolute, while all else within dimensioned creation is relative. The subject of comparing the 'absolute' with the 'relative' is another wonderful one we can explore. In this dimension....light and darkness both 'appear' to exist, and will continue to do...as long as the 'conditions' that allow such persist.

Apart from a journey of semantics,....perhaps a few rays of light can break thru. Any ray of light however is recognized by contrast with darkness or other colours within the light-spectrum. Wherever different colours can be perceived, there is obviously relativity... there being modulations of energy and vibration.

I love it too :) As a soul-pioneer,....I'm not really in the business of proving anyone wrong, but coordinating points of view that hopefully concur with progressing com-prehensions of reality, and how the 'mind' translates such.

pj

If you infer that there are more than four dimensions, that would mean the God you are referring to is DEMENTED and not in the real creation of the four, however if / “IF” there are more than four; - of course God would still be within his own mind of thought. – However, there cannot be the fifth dimension or “He would have told you so”.
How can you - (not me), call the fourth dimension “transcendental”? - If the fourth is all that, what are the other three? – There are no divisions of any of the real dimensions. They all are as you said before, relative to one another, ---- except for the spiritual of the four; – the “height” / “supremacy” of the three. The word “height” refers to God’s “supremacy”, not his measure of altitude of the Creation. – God is God, not a fourth measure of a side of the Creation. God’s height / supremacy transcends all the other THREE.

Infinity is a misnomer. - A one followed by one billion zeroes exceeds all thought and measure of anything called infinity. – Words mean nothing outside of the Truth spoken in GOD / Christ.

“Reality”: There is no reality outside of the mind of any creature. – All sights, sounds, smells, and feelings are experienced in the mind / heart of the creature. The mind of the creature cannot experience anything of a fifth dimension, but can experience the fourth in Christ. --- A dog sees in its mind what it smells. - There are NO light or sounds or smells, or feelings outside of the mind. - God made the creatures the way he made them, not to see or experience anything outside of the MIND. However, man will experience everything that is of the darkness of the world that is in front of his face which is nothing but total darkness. The man will describe what he thinks he sees with his eyes and NOT with his mind. -- He is CARNAL MINDED. Therefore we see God in our minds where the sights are supposed to be seen with the Truth. In other words, we SEE the Truth which is God, in our hearts / minds.

Paul – 050211

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
gnosis osmosis

gnosis osmosis

If you infer that there are more than four dimensions, that would mean the God you are referring to is DEMENTED and not in the real creation of the four, however if / “IF” there are more than four; - of course God would still be within his own mind of thought. – However, there cannot be the fifth dimension or “He would have told you so”.
How can you - (not me), call the fourth dimension “transcendental”? - If the fourth is all that, what are the other three? – There are no divisions of any of the real dimensions. They all are as you said before, relative to one another, ---- except for the spiritual of the four; – the “height” / “supremacy” of the three. The word “height” refers to God’s “supremacy”, not his measure of altitude of the Creation. – God is God, not a fourth measure of a side of the Creation. God’s height / supremacy transcends all the other THREE.

Infinity is a misnomer. - A one followed by one billion zeroes exceeds all thought and measure of anything called infinity. – Words mean nothing outside of the Truth spoken in GOD / Christ.

“Reality”: There is no reality outside of the mind of any creature. – All sights, sounds, smells, and feelings are experienced in the mind / heart of the creature. The mind of the creature cannot experience anything of a fifth dimension, but can experience the fourth in Christ. --- A dog sees in its mind what it smells. - There are NO light or sounds or smells, or feelings outside of the mind. - God made the creatures the way he made them, not to see or experience anything outside of the MIND. However, man will experience everything that is of the darkness of the world that is in front of his face which is nothing but total darkness. The man will describe what he thinks he sees with his eyes and NOT with his mind. -- He is CARNAL MINDED. Therefore we see God in our minds where the sights are supposed to be seen with the Truth. In other words, we SEE the Truth which is God, in our hearts / minds.

Paul – 050211

We'll let the chips fall where they may in the ether :)

On that note, nice to boost this thread up to the top, to revive some Gnostic studies, and perhaps make way for a new thread in the 'Religion' section geared more towards constructive/fruitful dialogue, and not so much the 'back alley' slugfest approach.

The Gnostic way is true in that it recognizes the essential of individual enlightenment, for one to taste and experience 'God' for himself. One knows with his whole being...the divine Being. One knows reality, by being it. There is no duality between the 'knower' and the 'known', when knowledge is one.

pj

Quincy

I miss the old Gnostic Cosmology thread. I think it would be a good ideal to rebirth one freelight. Gnosticism is beautifuln it's ability to take meaningful allegory and paint a grand depiction that is both rewarding and thought provoking. It removes the confinement of orthodoxy and enables a spiritual journey that imparts great value.

:e4e:

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
"Now with the heresy of the Ariomaniacs, which has corrupted the Church of God... These then teach three hypostases, just as Valentinus the heresiarch first invented in the book entitled by him 'On the Three Natures'. For he was the first to invent three hypostases and three persons of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and he is discovered to have filched this from Hermes and Plato." [10] -Marcellus of Ancyra

Fragment 7: Valentinus' Vision of the Word

I saw a newborn child, and questioned it to find out who it was. And the child answered me saying, "I am the Word" -- From Hippolytus

Cerinthus distinguished between the man Jesus and the Christ. He denied the supernatural birth of Jesus, making him the son of Joseph and Mary, and distinguishing him from Christ, who descended upon him at baptism (see also Adoptionism) and left him again at his crucifixion. But never to embody the flesh. Cerinthus is also said to have taught that Jesus will be raised from the dead at the Last Day, when all men will rise with Him.

This goes along with the Heraclitean stoic view of Gods not dying. The Christ is considered more godlike, since it did not die like Jesus. There is even more Roman cynicism which implies Cerinthus did not believe even in the resurrection.

Valentinus merely countered Cerinthus by insisting a pre-existant man helped create the universe, and since the man was his own father, he survived the cross. Sounds a little like the trinity doctrine, except the father and son are not distinct in Valentinus's dogma.

Letsargue

"Now with the heresy of the Ariomaniacs, which has corrupted the Church of God... These then teach three hypostases, just as Valentinus the heresiarch first invented in the book entitled by him 'On the Three Natures'. For he was the first to invent three hypostases and three persons of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and he is discovered to have filched this from Hermes and Plato." [10] -Marcellus of Ancyra

I saw a newborn child, and questioned it to find out who it was. And the child answered me saying, "I am the Word" -- From Hippolytus

Cerinthus distinguished between the man Jesus and the Christ. He denied the supernatural birth of Jesus, making him the son of Joseph and Mary, and distinguishing him from Christ, who descended upon him at baptism (see also Adoptionism) and left him again at his crucifixion. But never to embody the flesh. Cerinthus is also said to have taught that Jesus will be raised from the dead at the Last Day, when all men will rise with Him.

This goes along with the Heraclitean stoic view of Gods not dying. The Christ is considered more godlike, since it did not die like Jesus. There is even more Roman cynicism which implies Cerinthus did not believe even in the resurrection.

Valentinus merely countered Cerinthus by insisting a pre-existant man helped create the universe, and since the man was his own father, he survived the cross. Sounds a little like the trinity doctrine, except the father and son are not distinct in Valentinus's dogma.

There is not much of that found in the Scriptures, therefore there is not much TRUTH in it; because the Scriptures are TRUTH, and only the Word of God / the Gospel the SEED of all Truth!!

Paul -- 122412

skinker

You haven't kept up with Israeli archeology that has destroyed the Bible stories as spiritual authority for anyone who thinks for themselves and refuses to be a clone of Paul or any other ancient religious egomaniac trying to tell others how to believe and worship.

Check out the Armageddon has come thread to learn the truth about your paper and ink word idol. Pauline Christianity is kaput now as only the Gnostic Christians were not fooled by Jewish myths of origin taken as real history. The Gnostic Christian path was never dependent on the Bible stories and Gnostics knew almost 2000 years ago Yahweh was the Fraud of Israel. Now there is a modern Gnostic Christian theology just in time for the New Aeon which began three days ago. Celestial Torah Christianity.

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
There is not much of that found in the Scriptures, therefore there is not much TRUTH in it; because the Scriptures are TRUTH, and only the Word of God / the Gospel the SEED of all Truth!!

Paul -- 122412
It is history, and it is verified history. Thus there is alot of truth in it.

Letsargue

It is history, and it is verified history. Thus there is alot of truth in it.

There is NO History to anything written in Scriptures, however, that's not the Point with God, or that which is referred to as - "GOD".

The Author of the Scriptures is the greatest Mystery of all time. There were no real Authors as named in the Scriptures, leaving the True Author - "THE" Mystery!! - The Scriptures as written were written by the Seed of all things, being the "Word of Creation". - If the Creation never scribed of itself, and vowed of itself, it never got Scribed in the Description of itself!!!

Now you Philosophers, who call yourselves "Gnostics" - Gnosticize this!!!

I'm NO "GNOSTIC", but Am more one that any of you!!! -- I don't need to make pretty sounding jargon, just the Mysteries of the Creation Creator, Creation / The Gospel, the Seed of the Creation, and Creator!! ---- 2 Peter 3:16 KJV --------///--- THE I AM!!

Paul -- 122412

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
following the path of divine guidance......

following the path of divine guidance......

Valentinian Gnosticism is a good enough place to start. There is a distinction between the Father and the Son or 'Christ' in the relational economy of the Godhead, but the unity of the Godhead is ever maintained.

I also see no problem with distinguishing the human Jesus from the divine 'Christ', that angelic-aeon who descended upon Jesus at his baptism, for it does not matter when the divine spirit came upon or entered Jesus but that it did and thru it the man Jesus carried out his ministry to the glory of God.

The Gnostic way is within the vein of esoteric Christianity emphasizing the experiential knowing of each individual in the path towards truth and liberation. One can choose which ever school most resonates with them, as led by the Christ and the Holy Spirit.

pj

Letsargue

Valentinian Gnosticism is a good enough place to start. There is a distinction between the Father and the Son or 'Christ' in the relational economy of the Godhead, but the unity of the Godhead is ever maintained.

I also see no problem with distinguishing the human Jesus from the divine 'Christ', that angelic-aeon who descended upon Jesus at his baptism, for it does not matter when the divine spirit came upon or entered Jesus but that it did and thru it the man Jesus carried out his ministry to the glory of God.

The Gnostic way is within the vein of esoteric Christianity emphasizing the experiential knowing of each individual in the path towards truth and liberation. One can choose which ever school most resonates with them, as led by the Christ and the Holy Spirit.

pj

1 Corinthians 11:1-2 KJV – “(( Be ye followers of me )), (( even as I also am of Christ )).
2 Now I praise you, Brethren, (( That ye remember me in all things )), ((( and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you )))”!!! --------//-- That’s what Jesus Christ / God SAID “Through” Paul. --- No one can change that with any false statements from some other writer from his own mind and not from the (( Mind of Christ )) of which Paul said through the gift of God. - He had the Mind of Christ. - Now take that away from me and the Apostle Paul, - If You Can!!!

Paul 122512

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned

pj
You don't understand the influence Cerinthus and Valentinus had on Christianity. It was bad.

Letsargue

pj

It's a "People", not a person who are saved or destroyed, Always!!!
"Through the entering of the ?divine spirit"? – First, - He’s called the "Holy Ghost", and Jesus carried out the GOSPEL, not the Glory of God. – Again, someone doesn’t know what the “Glory of God” is!!

Paul – 122512