ECT Genesis 1 & 2 The Beginning...

2Pillars

I understand what you're saying. But it oughtn't be described separately at all. The verse isn't saying that God created two distinct classes of chaotic matter. It's just saying that He created matter, which was as yet unformed. That's why the whole mass is referred to collectively as 'waters' in the following verse.

Jarrod

Hello My Friend,

I am not so sure where you got the idea that, somehow, I was alluding to God creating two distinct classes of chaotic matter not yet formed? Please expound. Thanks

Here's once again the way I see it.... Paraphrasing...

In the beginning God created the heaven (Hebrew-air) and the earth (Hebrew-ground). And the earth (ground) was without form, and void;(empty) and darkness (Death) was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved (brooded) upon the face of the waters.

God (Elohim) had created air, dust, and water into our physical world but Death was upon everything because it was APART from the spiritual realm of the invisible God. To be APART from God is to be subject to Death.

God knew that and in order for Death to be defeated, God would have to pay the penalty for our sins or matter that He created apart from him.... so, He said, Let there be Light and Jesus came forth into the physical world from the bosom of the Father'-- Spiritual realm -- as the ONLY Begotten Son of God to shape and mold the ground which was without form like dust and shape it physically -- in order to give life or purpose to his Physical Creation thru his Son. Because in him was life. Jhn 1:4

God Bless

Last edited:

Wick Stick

Here's once again the way I see it.... Paraphrasing...

In the beginning God created the heaven (Hebrew-air) and the earth (Hebrew-ground). And the earth (ground) was without form, and void;(empty) and darkness (Death) was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved (brooded) upon the face of the waters.
Here's how I read it...

In the beginning God created EVERYTHING. And EVERYTHING was UNFORMED, and it was dark at the surface of THAT UNFORMED MATTER.

(new paragraph)

And the Spirit of God began to agitate the UNFORMED MASS...

There isn't a need to put a difference between heavens and earth and land and waters. All of them are simply references back to the underlying idea of this blob of unformed everything, that needs some formation.

Jarrod

2Pillars

Hello Jarrod,

You are very much aware that, not everybody think or comprehend like you do, correct my friend?

In fact, most of our Christian Brethren - by faith - believe that our Physical Heaven and Earth already Existed, Created and Made on the 1st Day, don’t you agree?

If so, then, it is very important that our Readers be informed... such not the case... and for them to realize that YHWH or Jesus, the Son of God, was Begotten into this physical world, the 1st time, from the invisible realm of the Father BEFORE the World was (Gen 1:3), as I have illustrated in my other posts # 13 & 16 - becoming the only God physically formed for us to see and witness. Simply because...

Jhn 1:3 All things were Made by him; and without him was not any thing Made that was Made.

And that's also the reason why the Scripture describe the Son as the 1st born of every creature. Col 1:15

God Bless

Interplanner

Here's how I read it...

In the beginning God created EVERYTHING. And EVERYTHING was UNFORMED, and it was dark at the surface of THAT UNFORMED MATTER.

(new paragraph)

And the Spirit of God began to agitate the UNFORMED MASS...

There isn't a need to put a difference between heavens and earth and land and waters. All of them are simply references back to the underlying idea of this blob of unformed everything, that needs some formation.

Jarrod

I think it is also possible to allow considerable time. Creation (the organizing of all the materials) was quick and recent, but the 'unformed and unfilled' slop may have been there a while. There is a bit of this in 2 Peter 2 or 3. He uses 'existed long ago' in once case, and 'formed' for the other.

There are many solid arguments why the form that exists today, and the deluge event, were as recent as the Biblical record.

2Pillars

Hello Jarrod,

You are very much aware that, not everybody think or comprehend like you do, correct my friend?

In fact, most of our Christian Brethren - by faith - believe that our Physical Heaven and Earth already Existed, Created and Made on the 1st Day, don’t you agree?

If so, then, it is very important that our Readers be informed... such not the case... and for them to realize that YHWH or Jesus, the Son of God, was Begotten into this physical world, the 1st time, from the invisible realm of the Father BEFORE the World was (Gen 1:3), as I have illustrated in my other posts # 13 & 16 - becoming the only God physically formed for us to see and witness. Simply because...

Jhn 1:3 All things were Made by him; and without him was not any thing Made that was Made.

And that's also the reason why the Scripture describe the Son as the 1st born of every creature. Col 1:15

God Bless

Being brought forth (begotten) into our physical world in the beginning of Genesis, YHWH became the only God physically formed for us to see and witness.

In fact, He had appeared and had been seen on several occasions by his own chosen people in the Old Testament, in physical form - representing the express image of his Father, bodily.

Then, on a later date, He was Sent Again into our World in the NT and Made Flesh to die for us - in order to pay for our sins and save us.

Heb 1
v4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
v5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten Thee? And Again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
v6 And Again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

Why do we suppose the words "AND AGAIN" repeated 2x in the context of the texts? Let's continue reading below....

v10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

I see.. IOW, YHWH was brought forth (begotten) the 1st time into our world in the beginning and MADE the Worlds with his own hands for inhabitation, thereof... because, without him, there was not anything made that was made.

v9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

YHWH, the Son of God, became known as Jesus Christ in the New Testament, the God of the whole world shall he’ll be called.

My Conclusion: The Son physically existed even before the world was.... even before He was incarnated and born again thru Mary' womb in the New Testament.

Of course, the above is only based on My Humble Biblical Understanding.

God Bless

Interplanner

Being brought forth (begotten) into our physical world in the beginning of Genesis, YHWH became the only God physically formed for us to see and witness.

In fact, He had appeared and had been seen on several occasions by his own chosen people in the Old Testament, in physical form - representing the express image of his Father, bodily.

Then, on a later date, He was Sent Again into our World in the NT and Made Flesh to die for us - in order to pay for our sins and save us.

Heb 1
v4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
v5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten Thee? And Again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
v6 And Again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

Why do we suppose the words "AND AGAIN" repeated 2x in the context of the texts? Let's continue reading below....

v10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

I see.. IOW, YHWH was brought forth (begotten) the 1st time into our world in the beginning and MADE the Worlds with his own hands for inhabitation, thereof... because, without him, there was not anything made that was made.

v9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

YHWH, the Son of God, became known as Jesus Christ in the New Testament, the God of the whole world shall he’ll be called.

My Conclusion: The Son physically existed even before the world was.... even before He was incarnated and born again thru Mary' womb in the New Testament.

Of course, the above is only based on My Humble Biblical Understanding.

God Bless

Do you think the unformed/unfilled slop was there for a while before being formed/filled?

Wick Stick

Mmmmm hmmmm

A majority of the Christians I know or speak with still believe in a simplistic fiat creation, where God popped everything into existence fully formed. However, that majority is declining in numbers, as more and more Christians either interpret Genesis figuratively, disbelieve the creation account, or find themselves content without taking a dogmatic interpretation of Genesis.

God Bless
Where are you going with this? I mean it all sounds ok, but there's a LOT of jargon in there. "Begotten" could be a topic on its own. Sometimes when i think i'm agreeing with someone, it turns out that we just define words differently.

Jarrod

Wick Stick

Do you think the unformed/unfilled slop was there for a while before being formed/filled?
Like a gap with inactivity? No, I don't think so.

I think that the forming process took a long time. IMO, that's why Genesis 1 describes the formation as a week's worth of work - to display that it was a process over time, rather than something instantaneous.

Jarrod

2Pillars

Where are you going with this? I mean it all sounds ok, but there's a LOT of jargon in there. "Begotten" could be a topic on its own. Sometimes when i think i'm agreeing with someone, it turns out that we just define words differently.

Jarrod

The previous statement above was made not as a “jargon” but, an assertion in context to the continuing topic discussion with regards to the Beginning of Genesis.

Because, without the Son, YHWH, being brought forth (begotten) into this physical world in the beginning -- from the invisible realm of the Father -- THEN, there could not have anything made that was made, according to Jhn 1:3.

If you do not agree and wish to have another topic thread for this, then, just let me know, my friend. I will more than happy to further discuss it with you. Thanks

God Bless

2Pillars

Dear Interplanner,

The Bible does Not give the Earth's age in man's time. In God's time, Today is the 6th Day or Age. Scripture shows that the Big Bang, which happened some 13.7 Billion years ago in man's time, was on the 3rd Day. This means that each of God's "Days" are some 4.5 Billion years in length. This means that the morning of the Creation was some 27 Billion years ago.

The beginning of our Cosmos (2nd) was the 3rd Day, the SAME Day Adam was made from the dust of the ground of their own 1st world, Gen 2:4-7.

Our own present Solar System is a Johnny come lately, since, it is but a child at some 6 Billion years old, in man's time but only yesterday in God's time.

I like the FACT that Gen 2:4 shows that the Big Bang of our world was on the THIRD Day and the FIRST Stars of our Cosmos did NOT put forth their Light until the FOURTH Day Gen 1:16. Space Satellites confirmed in Feb/2015, last year, that it was some 550 Million years AFTER the Big Bang before the first Stars lit up.

God's Truth is the Truth Scientifically, Historically, and in EVERY other way, IF one can fully understand God's Holy Word.

I myself is still learning, of course.

God Bless

Last edited:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Bible does Not give the Earth's age in man's time.
The LORD explaining what man should do in the seven day cycle of a week.

Exodus 20:9-11 KJV
(9) Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
(10) But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
(11) For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Same amount of time.

2Pillars

Most people don't know the difference between God's time and man's time. God has but 7 Days and Today is the still the 6th Day of Genesis. At the end of this 6th Day, Heaven will be complete, and all believers will be there. When Heaven is brought to Perfection, God will rest for Eternity, the 7th Day, which has No end.

Man's time began on the 4th Day and depends on the movements of the Sun, Moon, and Stars. Since God is present, but also beyond this Universe, He is Not subject to the movements of our Stars. Man's time is temporal and will cease when this Universe is burned. God's time is Eternal.

IOW, Each of God's Days Genesis is NOT 24 hours since the word “Days” comes from the Hebrew word “Yowm” which can mean 12 or 24 hours, a period of time, a lifetime or an Eternity.

God Bless

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Most people don't know the difference between God's time and man's time. God has but 7 Days
Man has many many many days, but GOD only has seven?
I hope you realize how silly that sounds.

and Today is the still the 6th Day of Genesis.
Everything on the 6th day was "good".
We are not in that day today.

Man's time began on the 4th Day and depends on the movements of the Sun, Moon, and Stars.
No.
Time does not depend on the movements of the sun, moon, and stars.
"Time" is simply a name we give to a way of measuring one action or event between another.
As long as there has been action, there has been time (no matter how accurately you measure it).

Joshua 10:13 KJV
(13) And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.

It would be silly to say that "time" didn't exist when they were doing things while the sun and moon stood still.

IOW, Each of God's Days Genesis is NOT 24 hours since the word “Days” comes from the Hebrew word “Yowm” which can mean 12 or 24 hours, a lifetime or an Eternity.
Since you can plainly see by your own words that yom most certainly can mean a literal 24 hour day, then you are going to have to demonstrate why the days of creation CANNOT be what the word says it can mean.

You need to explain why you think scripture uses the same word for each of the creation days, but does not mean the same amount of time for each "day".
Why use the exact same word for each day if there was a difference in what a day meant?

And then you are going to have to deny that the exact same word and timeline is used in Exodus for the creation days.
(10) But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
(11) For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.​

Seems that scripture makes it real plain to understand if you just let it say what it plainly says.
There is nowhere in scripture that tells us that some of the days of creation were longer than the other days of creation.

2Pillars

Seve said:
IOW, Each of God's Days Genesis is NOT 24 hours since the word “Days” comes from the Hebrew word “Yowm” which can mean 12 or 24 hours, a lifetime or an Eternity.

Since you can plainly see by your own words that yom most certainly can mean a literal 24 hour day, then you are going to have to demonstrate why the days of creation CANNOT be what the word says it can mean.

You need to explain why you think scripture uses the same word for each of the creation days, but does not mean the same amount of time for each "day".
Why use the exact same word for each day if there was a difference in what a day meant?

Dear Tambora,

Carefully study Genesis Chapter 1 and you will find that God tells us the complete History, including future events, of the first 6 Creative Days since He sees the End from the Beginning (Isa 46:10).

1.Genesis chapter one is the complete HISTORY of the 6 Days of Creation. This includes events which will NOT happen until After Jesus returns to rule and reign at the end of time.

2.Genesis 1:28-31 is PROPHECY since it has NEVER been fulfilled. It will be fulfilled AFTER Jesus returns and Isaiah 11 clearly shows this fulfillment of this Prophecy. The Lion eats straw as the Ox in Isaiah 11:7.

3. We live today at Genesis 1:27 BECAUSE God is STILL creating Adam (Hebrew-Mankind) in His Image, which is Christ. Col 1:15 This is clear since the Holy Spirit, Who IS God, is STILL working Today, with the Church, in order to fill the Third Heaven with believers.

4.Genesis 2:1-3 tells us the History of the 7th Day, which is also FUTURE to our time.

IOW, God wrote the complete History of the creation of the 3rd Heaven BEFORE the events of the present 6th Day are complete. It's PROOF of God since ONLY God can see the end from the beginning. Isa 46:10

And then you are going to have to deny that the exact same word and timeline is used in Exodus for the creation days.
(11) For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.​

Seems that scripture makes it real plain to understand if you just let it say what it plainly says.
There is nowhere in scripture that tells us that some of the days of creation were longer than the other days of creation.

When Jesus was being persecuted by the Jews for allegedly working on the “Sabbath Day”, Jesus rebuke them and said the following..

Jhn 5:17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.

Hithertoin Greek means up to the present time. Jesus is saying that the Father and He are working at the time Jesus was on the Earth. The Holy Spirit, the Son, and the Father are STILL working today to create sinners in Christ, Spiritually.

Continue to study and realize that I am edifying The Great Sabbath, the 7th Day, when ALL Christians will cease from our labor on Earth and we will join Jesus for the Age of Joy which will never end because the 7th Day has no evening and no end.

Heb 4:9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

God Bless

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Dear Tambora,
Let me tell you to study carefully.

The creation is historic ----- It happened.
The seven days of the creation week happened BEFORE God told the Israelites to work six day and rest on the seventh day BECAUSE God created in six days and rested on the seventh day of the creation week.

Adam and Eve were the only people that existed in the creation week (ie. all of mankind).
And they were good (ie. all of mankind).
There was no curse during the creation week (ie. all 7 days of the creation week).

If what you say has any validity at all, then mankind shouldn't have existed until your 6th day.
When did your 6th day start (the time that mankind came into being)?
And are they "good" on your 6th day? (Because they were in the 6th day of the creation week).

The creation does not give the history of all time.
The creation week is the history of the creation week when there was no curse and everything was "good".
That ain't the history of the world.

Now if you want to say that aspects of the creation week can show a symbolic correlation in nature (as the 7th day does not have morning and evening, and therefore can be symbolic of eternity); that would be OK.
But to say it is the history of the world is not accurate.

I believe the spiritual correlation of the creation week is to express that GOD provides everything mankind needs so man can rest in what GOD has done, not what man has done.

Interplanner

Let me tell you to study carefully.

The creation is historic ----- It happened.
The seven days of the creation week happened BEFORE God told the Israelites to work six day and rest on the seventh day BECAUSE God created in six days and rested on the seventh day of the creation week.

Adam and Eve were the only people that existed in the creation week (ie. all of mankind).
And they were good (ie. all of mankind).
There was no curse during the creation week (ie. all 7 days of the creation week).

If what you say has any validity at all, then mankind shouldn't have existed until your 6th day.
When did your 6th day start (the time that mankind came into being)?
And are they "good" on your 6th day? (Because they were in the 6th day of the creation week).

The creation does not give the history of all time.
The creation week is the history of the creation week when there was no curse and everything was "good".
That ain't the history of the world.

Now if you want to say that aspects of the creation week can show a symbolic correlation in nature (as the 7th day does not have morning and evening, and therefore can be symbolic of eternity); that would be OK.
But to say it is the history of the world is not accurate.

I believe the spiritual correlation of the creation week is to express that GOD provides everything mankind needs so man can rest in what GOD has done, not what man has done.

when you say it is no the history of the world, do you mean geologically? Because on the whole of 1-11 you'll want to see the material by P. James-Griffith on tracing culture in Genesis. It is astounding. But on geology I have not concluded how the unfilled-unformed period is to be treated.

2Pillars

God tells us we live in a Multiverse:

Gen. 1:6-8 documents that the 1st Firmament or Heaven was made on the 2nd Day and it’s surrounded with waters above and below it (Adam' World). However, it was totally destroyed and dissolved in the Flood - due to the wickedness of mankind - and it will not rise again - gone forever.

Gen.2:4 documents us the 2nd Heaven or Universes - Our World - made on the 3rd Day - and it is surrounded by Star Dust this time not by water. However, it is also doomed to be destroyed - reserve by fire and will melt due to its fervent heat - dissolved.

The 3rd Heaven / Universe is the New Heaven and the New Earth of Rev 21 - The Main Object of Creation - Our Perfect World. It is now being prepared for our inhabitations thereof, of all Christians, when this present world is burned.

In fact, TODAY, God is still Working and Creating New Heavens and New Earth at the present time - contrary to other’s belief that the Creation is complete and it took only "a week" in man's time.... since, accordingly, God Rested from ALL of his work which He created and made on the 7th Day.

Such is not the case...

Isa 65:17 For, behold, I create New Heavens and a New Earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

John 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

In other words, Scripture documents that there are 3 Heavens/Universes. However, Unbelievers of the Last Days (Evols) seem to remain ignorant of God’ Truth? Why?

Jhn 5:17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.

Aren’t they glad the God is still Creating and Making us another place to live in when this world is burned?

Rev 21:1 And I saw a New Heaven and a New Earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Of course, it’s entirely different World, consisting of a New Heaven and a New Earth.

No other interpretation needed. It’s the Biblical Truth.... God made us a Multiverse to live in.

God Bless

Last edited:

2Pillars

Each of God's Days is NOT 24 hours since the word “Days” comes from the Hebrew word “Yowm” which can mean 12 or 24 hours, a period of time; a lifetime or an Eternity.

Man was physically "formed of the dust of the ground" - like a potter would mold a clay - on the 3rd Day, becoming a Natural Living Soul (Genesis 2:4-7)... same Day the first Earth was made; the Same Day as the Big Bang of our Cosmos, BEFORE the plants, herbs, trees on the 3rd Day,before the stars of our cosmos (Gen 1:16).... before other life which came forth from the water on the 5th Day (Gen 1:21)... and those other creatures made from the dust of the ground on the 6th Day, which Adam named.

Adam lived for Billions of years with Jesus...as our Lord's meet.He was surrounded by a Shekinah Glory, but lost his glory and found himself Naked After he sinned... by disobeying the Lord’ first commandment on the present 6th Day.

In the Day of the event, Adam and Eve were Created in the Image and Likeness of God, or Born Again spiritually on the 6th Day - both A&E have already committed their “original sins”; kicked- out of the garden of Eden; and Cain had already killed Abel;

The actual Redemption and Creation Process (Gen. 1:26-27) took place only after Man started to call upon the name of the Lord during Seth’ generations; (Gen 4:26; 5:1-3).

Adam and Eve were the first couple to be redeemed by the Lord.

1 Co 45:46 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
v47 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is NATURAL; and afterward that which is SPIRITUAL.

God Bless

2Pillars

Here’s how to can reconcile the Physical forming of Adam from the dust of the ground becoming a NATURAL living soul, on the 3rd Day of Genesis using the Scripture.... Before he was Created in the image and likeness God, Spiritually, on the 6th Day... AFTER being Redeemed /forgiven of his/their original sins.

Note: Insertions and boldings are mine for presentation:

"Gen 2:4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were CREATED (by the Father - ex-nihilo), in the day that the LORD God (by the Son) MADE (formed/fashioned) the earth and the heavens, (Plural)

The "Day" is the 3rd Day. One can see this because it is the "Day" in which the "Earth" is made. Gen. 1:9-10 confirms that the "Earth" was made on the 3rd Day. Heavens is Plural and shows that Jesus also made "Heavens", on the 3rd Day.*

Gen 2:5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground. Gen 2:6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

Further confirmation that these verses are speaking of the 3rd Day, BEFORE the plants, and herbs, which were made on the 3rd Day, ref. Gen 1:11-12. Why is it so important for the 3rd Day to be identified. Read the next verses.

Gen. 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

As you should clearly see, Adam was made on the 3rd Day Before the plants, herbs, and rain.

Gen. 2:8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

Once you understand this, you will see that Mankind has preeminence or first place among all other living creatures. It is also in agreement with the events of the 6th Day when the LORD made the animals from the dust and brought them to Adam to name them. Notice that Adam was ALONE at the beginning of the 6th Day. Gen 2:18

1 Co 45:46 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. v47 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is Natural; and afterward that which is Spiritual

God Bless