General Sports Thread

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Is there anything more pathetic in sports than when the refs in hockey skate around and watch players fight? It's ridiculous. :doh:

I've heard the argument that it is a way for players to police themselves but can't that be done through normal hits and checks?

I'm starting to like hockey more but the refs allowing fights to happen is terrible.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The officials in the NHL seem more like the WWF than the NHL.

The Berean

I just wanted to give major props to my Golden State Warriors and their gawdy 30-5 W-L record! I've been a fan since about 1981 and I have NEVER seen a Warriors team this good!! I know it's early but I'm starting to think about the NBA Finals which the Warriors haven't reached since 1975. And rookie Steve Kerr is doing an amazing job. Stephen Curry for MVP!!!

curry_3.jpg

I think TV reporter A. Stephen A. Smith is eating crow right now. Before the Warriors hired Kerr, Smith on a TV rant about how Kerr didn't deserve this job and he only got an interview because he's a "golden white boy". Whatever Stephen A.! :bang:

Last edited:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I like Steph Curry and a couple other players on the team. I hope they continue to do well and I'll definitely root for them in the playoffs. I haven't completely bought into them yet though. There are still a lot of games to play and in a series with San Antonio for example I'd still pick against them because of their lack of playoff experience.

TB, have you seen the ESPN commercial with Curry? :chuckle:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I know it's early but I'm starting to think about the NBA Finals

If your Warriors were in the East, it would be a done deal.

However, they play in the West, and there are a lot of really good teams in the West.

Your Warriors might have to play the Spurs or Clippers in the first round. The Spurs and Clippers are both better than any teams in the East.

Or maybe they'll get the Thunder with a healthy Durant and Westbrook.

As of today the #8 seed in the East has a record of 16-22. The #8 seed in the West has a record of 23-18

The West is the Best !!!!!

The Berean

If your Warriors were in the East, it would be a done deal.

However, they play in the West, and there are a lot of really good teams in the West.

Your Warriors might have to play the Spurs or Clippers in the first round. The Spurs and Clippers are both better than any teams in the East.

Or maybe they'll get the Thunder with a healthy Durant and Westbrook.

As of today the #8 seed in the East has a record of 16-22. The #8 seed in the West has a record of 23-18

The West is the Best !!!!!
This is all true. To be honest I think reaching the Western Conference finals should be their goal. Anything after than is just gravy. The Warriors haven't reached the Western Conference finals since 1976.

The Berean

The Golden State Warriors won again last night. :banana: It is their 8th straight win and they are now 31-5 W-L.

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I won't forget the summer where he was batting .390 late in the season.

The Berean

The Golden State Warriors continue to blow teams out. The would again last light 126-113 vs the Houston Rockets. The Warriors are now 34-6 W-L. Rookie head coach Steve Kerr was named coach of the Western Conference All-Star team. :banana: