Gay Oppression?

fool

Hall of Fame
I've cut my hand accidentally on a serrated knife. Ever unload the dishwasher after somebody loaded in some knives point-side-up, with the rest of the silverware?
Okay, so first I have to point out that ALL silverware is supposed to go in Handles Up.
All of it.
That's so you don't touch the important parts when you unload it.
It has the cool added benefit of preventing the stabbing hazard you describe.
Anyway, if I cut myself on the knife the restaurant provided me with (not a light saber), then should I sue them for giving me a sharp knife?
Why were you unloading the dishwasher at the Restaurant?

fool

Hall of Fame
iirc, the argument made (successfully) wrt the hot coffee was that a reasonable person would not expect it to be so hot, that a reasonable person would expect to be able to pour hot coffee in their lap without being harmed
That's exactly it. You should be able to pour coffee into your lap and get first and second degree burns. Not third degree burns that require skin grafts.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
That's exactly it. You should be able to pour coffee into your lap and get first and second degree burns. Not third degree burns that require skin grafts.

and so the light saber analogy

if you expect a steak knife that cuts through your steak but not the china plate it's served on and instead get a light saber that goes through the steak, the plate, the table, and severs your leg, maybe that's too sharp

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Just to be clear this is the what he was wearing when arrested for indecent exposure.

d5e48b8b57c76bc0cccadb8bcb62cbb8

Source

and as near as i can tell the lawsuit was in regards to his phone being damaged when he attempted to record the arrest.

As soon as the wind blows :plain:

And
Attempting to record your own arrest :chuckle:

Your right to record is forfeited when you are arrested. The guy figured it was going to help him out in court- 'the persecuted gay', millionth headline.

Meanwhile, in Arabia..

fool

Hall of Fame
and so the light saber analogy

if you expect a steak knife that cuts through your steak but not the china plate it's served on and instead get a light saber that goes through the steak, the plate, the table, and severs your leg, maybe that's too sharp

Exactly.
No cup of liquid hot enough to give life threatening burns should be passed to people without proper PPE.
Hot drinks are not supposed to be that hot.

fool

Hall of Fame
maybe macdonald's should just refuse service to retards who think they should be able to pour coffee in their lap :idunno:

The problem is that you don't know who is going to pour coffee into their lap until they do it.
So you serve coffee that will be unpleasant to have spilled in you lap but not deadly.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
The overwhelming majority of gay sex supporters are heterosexuals.

Ever find it funny when they pretend that it's about gay rights, when it's really about harassing people with traditional values :rolleyes:
And then the nerve to call their self 'Christian' on top of it- being a poison to Christian values so that they can receive praise by others :plain:

glassjester

Lava is an exaggeration come on. $3million because the old bag dropped coffee on herself while she was trying to drive is abuse of the system.

It reminds me of the laundry pods that require a sign that denotes not for child consumption. People go pretty far to blame company's rather than take personal responsibility. Aka watch what your child is doing. Aka don't try to drink fresh hot coffee while driving. No never... it's the company's fault.

She wasn't even driving.
She was in the passenger seat.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
There needs to be major reform when it comes to these lawsuits. It is self-evidently unjust how most all these cases end up- millions of dollars for anything is pretty damnable not only to the pursuer, but the law itself.

I mean, a women gets 3 million dollars foe hot coffee spilling in her lap- there is no justification for that anymore than it is raking six thousand dollars out of someone for an ibuprofen and an air splint.

Denied a cake? Your 'mental anguish' is worth more than Average Joe makes more in a decade.

Legal thievery, legal extortion.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
i have

spent a week waiting for the lawyers to get done with their preliminaries and then it was settled out of court

it was a nice week to catch up on my reading :)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What is "gay oppression"? Is that like murder oppression?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Homosexualists and murderers are both to be executed according to the Lord your God. Along with human trafficking (involuntary slaves), adulterers and those that sodomize animals, and other such abominations.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Homosexualists and murderers are both to be executed according to the Lord your God.

It's not my god....nor the majority of homosexuals. The law-of-the-land, though, seems to hold a relevant purview.

Go with that next time.