From chat: On Jesus and Homosexuality

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
From the chat box:

[24-10, 17:32] meshak: Bible does not say everything what is sinful. We have to understand His teachings contexually, freelight.
New [24-10, 16:32] Right Divider: He also said nothing about freelight mysticism
New [24-10, 15:25] freelight: Jesus said nothing about 'homosexuality'

Anyway, to freelight:

1) Jesus is God, and never removed the commandment on homosexual relations or adultery.

Leviticus 18:22
'You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.

Leviticus 20:13
If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.

1 Corinthians 6:9
Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who submit to nor perform homosexual acts,

Jude 1:7
In like manner, Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, who indulged in sexual immorality and pursued strange flesh, are on display as an example of those who sustain the punishment of eternal fire.

2) Jesus also defined marriage clearly (a man and a woman), and its intent all the way back to the beginning see Matthew Chapter 19.
4 And He answered and said, “Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning made them male and female, 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate.

There is no need to define the many myriad of things that marriage isnt, once what it is, has been made clear.

3) Unmarried relations are fornication, and adultery and these things also are stated in the new testament.

Acts 15:28 It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us not to burden you with anything beyond these essential requirements: 29 You must abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals, and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things. Farewell.”

1 Corinthians 7:2 But because of sexual immoralities, each man is to have his own wife, and each woman is to have her own husband.

The bible is clear, on what marriage is and what is and isnt sexual immorality. Nowhere was that done away with, and Jesus even clearly defined marriage and its intent.

Last edited:

clefty

Jesus also defined marriage clearly (a man and a woman), and its intent all the way back to the beginning see Matthew Chapter 19.
4 And He answered and said, “Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning made them male and female, 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate.

Yup...from the beginning...at creation...about the time the Sabbath was instituted, marriage was as well...and not just for Israel and it's one surviving tribe...

Ironic how often I hear from gay Christians that the OT is done away with...and the NT is a new law, a new covenant, and one of Grace..."just love God and your neighbor as yourself!" they insist..."that fulfills the law" they say...

But since the beginning, woman, like the Sabbath, was made for man...yet some sinners reject both.

Prizebeatz1

From the chat box:

Anyway, to freelight:

1) Jesus is God, and never removed the commandment on homosexual relations or adultery.

If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.

Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who submit to nor perform homosexual acts,

In like manner, Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, who indulged in sexual immorality and pursued strange flesh, are on display as an example of those who sustain the punishment of eternal fire.

2) Jesus also defined marriage clearly (a man and a woman), and its intent all the way back to the beginning see Matthew Chapter 19.

There is no need to define the many myriad of things that marriage isnt, once what it is, has been made clear.

3) Unmarried relations are fornication, and adultery and these things also are stated in the new testament.

Acts 15:28 It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us not to burden you with anything beyond these essential requirements: 29 You must abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals, and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things. Farewell.”

1 Corinthians 7:2 But because of sexual immoralities, each man is to have his own wife, and each woman is to have her own husband.

The bible is clear, on what marriage is and what is and isnt sexual immorality. Nowhere was that done away with, and Jesus even clearly defined marriage and its intent.

Jesus is not literally God. God is infinite and eternal. Jesus is not. According to the Bible Jesus had a beginning and then he died on a cross. Also, Jesus isn't infinite.

Marriage is a man-made institution. It began as a way to combine households and consolidate power. It's a political tool to enhance survival.

Rondonmonson

Jesus is not literally God. God is infinite and eternal. Jesus is not. According to the Bible Jesus had a beginning and then he died on a cross. Also, Jesus isn't infinite.

Marriage is a man-made institution. It began as a way to combine households and consolidate power. It's a political tool to enhance survival.

Jesus is literally God the Son, he has been with God forever. He was Slain before the Foundation of the World. God the Holy Spirit is also Eternal as is God the Father, who has the Abundance of Glory.

Read in the New Testament where Jesus tells the Pharisees he was I am that I am. Read where Peter says that Jesus was the "Rock" that followed them in the Desert.

They said in Genesis.....Let US create man in OUR image and in OUR likeness.

Three and the same as per TRAITS/LIKENESS/MAKE-UP, one is the Redeemer, one is the Comforter, and one is the Father who has the Abundance of the Glory no man can look upon.

As per homosexuality, like all sins, it must be purged or we can not come into Gods presence, thus we really condemn ourselves to life without God's presence.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
From the chat box:

Anyway, to freelight:

Good post. A4T

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

You're about as IGNORANT as they come. Did you know that? If you didn't before, I just enlightened you. You're not a True Believer anyway, so why bother making silly comments?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Jesus is literally God the Son, he has been with God forever. He was Slain before the Foundation of the World. God the Holy Spirit is also Eternal as is God the Father, who has the Abundance of Glory.

Read in the New Testament where Jesus tells the Pharisees he was I am that I am. Read where Peter says that Jesus was the "Rock" that followed them in the Desert.

Three and the same as per TRAITS/LIKENESS/MAKE-UP, one is the Redeemer, one is the Comforter, and one is the Father who has the Abundance of the Glory no man can look upon.

As per homosexuality, like all sins, it must be purged or we can not come into Gods presence, thus we really condemn ourselves to life without God's presence.

Good post.

Prizebeatz1

Most of traditional Christianity is a misinterpretation. God created us in his image and likeness: infinite and eternal. Instead what we have is man making God in his own likeness, a figure named Jesus. Jesus is a metaphor for the soul. He is symbolic of the infinite eternal part of us. The traditional interpretation has been conjured up by a group of men and passed off as the word of God. It may be inspired by God but the real word is written in our hearts, not in the Bible.

Notice how we are at war with sexuality. This is the result of mankind's tendency to judge. We are biting of the forbidden fruit and don't know when to quit. This is what fuels the war against ourselves. We are divided on the inside. We think we must defeat what's bad. This inner division then is reflected on the outside world as warfare, injustice, inequality. Clean the inside of the cup and then the outside will become clean too.

Tattooed Theist

My only issue is here.
If your going to accept and perpetuate Mosaic Law, then you must accept ALL Mosaic Law - not just the portion on homosexuality.

If we adopt Mosaic Law, I am no better than the homosexuals due to my body being more tattoo than plain skin.

Jesus is God, yes, but He also came to fulfill the Law and do away with the Old Covenant, so personally I never use Leviticus or Deuteronomy to argue with a Christian. That Law wasn't for Christians to begin with and isn't now.

Only Paul speaks directly about homosexuality, right next to adultery. Regarding it as sin, although I do believe the context of what Paul is speaking to in terms of homosexual behavior is not that which we see in the mainstream today - so context matters.
I.E. Children/Idol Worship

This However, is the bread and butter on the topic post-Jesus.
Jesus does not stutter, nor does He make mistakes. He refers to creation as Man and Woman, then later speaks of marriage as that which should be a Man and a Woman.

So as Angel4Truth says, scripture seems to be quite clear on this topic.

[MENTION=1746]freelight[/MENTION]

Tattooed Theist

You're about as IGNORANT as they come. Did you know that? If you didn't before, I just enlightened you. You're not a True Believer anyway, so why bother making silly comments?

You, are the ignorant one. I've been here 7 days and all I've seen you do is put people on your ignore list and whine about being superior in knowledge - not to mention telling people they aren't "True Believers." I'll take a page out of your book, "Welcome to my ignore list," you are the first and hopefully the last to make it there.

:cheers:

Rondonmonson

My only issue is here.
If your going to accept and perpetuate Mosaic Law, then you must accept ALL Mosaic Law - not just the portion on homosexuality.

If we adopt Mosaic Law, I am no better than the homosexuals due to my body being more tattoo than plain skin.

Jesus is God, yes, but He also came to fulfill the Law and do away with the Old Covenant, so personally I never use Leviticus or Deuteronomy to argue with a Christian. That Law wasn't for Christians to begin with and isn't now.

There are different parts of the Mosaic laws, some are universal and for all-time, some are Sacrificial, and Jesus fulfilled all of those requirements, some are cleanliness laws meant to keep Israel from dying off by disease, and we have a hard time understanding them at times, but God understood germs, so He commanded things that no doubt seemed dumb to Israelite's at the time. Like breaking all plates except metal plates if meat had been eaten off them. Not eating pork because it spoiled easily and is not good for you. Not touching a dead body, and if you did being quarantined for 7 days etc. All of the laws were just, because God is just, and God had his reasoning's. If one allows others to say God's old laws are unjust, I find we lose the battle right there, if God was ever unjust, then hes always unjust, we have to learn to defend Gods laws which many decry as barbaric.

But to the overall point, Jesus did say in Revelation chapter 21 that the Sexually Impure will not enter into Heaven. The Laws are written on our hearts, we as Christians understand that homosexuality is an abomination unto God, he utterly destroyed Sodom and the cities on the plain for this sin, He destroyed the Canaanites and all of those tribes because of this sin along with sacrificing their children to demons in the fire.

Only Paul speaks directly about homosexuality, right next to adultery. Regarding it as sin, although I do believe the context of what Paul is speaking to in terms of homosexual behavior is not that which we see in the mainstream today - so context matters.
I.E. Children/Idol Worship

I actually argue the opposite of the anti-homosexuality crowd here because I do not think Paul is speaking about Homosexuality in Romans chapter 1, I mean he is speaking about homosexuality, but he is saying it is an EFFECT of men not giving God His due, not worshiping Him as God, and because of this they are cursed with all manner of sins, like homosexuality. That's how I read it anyway, I never saw that until about a year ago, God curses us with Homosexuality when we deny His Godhead. And that actually fits, we kicked God out of our schools and out of the public square, and now we are cursed with all manner of sexually transmitted diseases, homosexuality, shacking, unwed birth rates have skyrocketed etc.

clefty

My only issue is here.

Jesus is God, yes, but He also came to fulfill the Law and do away with the Old Covenant, and so personally I never use Leviticus or Deuteronomy to argue with a Christian. That Law wasn't for Christians to begin with and isn't now.

Could you show me where He says and does the bolded part? Thanks...

Jesus does not stutter, nor does He make mistakes.

That should help things here...

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
My only issue is here.

so we Christians don't have to pay any attention to those silly mosaic laws given by Moses?

you know - the ones that say "thou shalt not"?