Freewill religion is the Man of Sin !

Nanja

Gal 2:16

16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Listen, if not careful, we will find ourselves at last to be teaching and believing Justification by the works of the Law, which is contrary to scripture, even our present text !

Now if we dont properly understand the True Spiritual Nature of being Justified by Faith [Rom 5:1] opposed to being Justified by the works or work of the Law, we are most certain to have false understanding and notion of Justification before God !

Now pay attention, to be Justified by Faith without it being an attempt to be a work of the Law, to be Justified before God, because in and of itself Faith is a work, a deed of the Law Matt 23:23

23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Pay attention still, Its only when we understand that forst and foremost and initially, Justification by Faith is solely by the Faith or Faithfulness of Jesus Christ [His Obedience unto death] by His Faithfulness to obey the Law for us, that is on our behalf, The Elect of God or His Body the Church; and this is what Paul means in our text Gal 2:16a

16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law[our own faith], but by the faith/faithfulness/obedience of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Take heed, the only way to not fall victim to being Justified by the work of the Law [our own faith] is to acknowledge that first and foremost, that if Christ died for us, that fact alone, apart from any act whatsoever of mine own] constituted me Justified from all sin pertaining to Gods Eternal Law and Justice, and with that have been declared Righteous, not guilty, then thats being Justified by the Faith/ Faithfulness/ Obedience of Jesus Christ, apart from any work of the Law by me, including my Faith that ought to be done Matt 23:23 !

See, when we are given to understand that Christ kept and fulfilled the Law for us, then our Justification before God is seen to be by His Faithfulness and not ours. His Faithfulness did include keeping the Law of Faith which ought to be done by us, or else He could not have been said to fulfill the Law on our behalf Matt 5:17

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

One of the definitions of the word fulfill as in fulfilling the Law, its the word plēroō:

iii.to fulfil, i.e. to cause God's will (as made known in the law) to be obeyed as it should be, and God's promises (given through the prophets) to receive fulfilment

Meaning Christ's coming, and living and dying, by that all for whom He represented, He obeyed God's Law for them the way it is suppose to be, and failed to do in Adam !

Listen, When Jesus says Heb 10:7

7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

But in the Psalm its added Ps 40:8

I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.

Christ fulfilled the doing of the whole Law of God in our behalf, so its because of this, we have Been Justified by the Faith of Christ, for He fulfilled the Law.

If we say no, we fulfilled the law by our act of Faith, and then God made us Righteous, we then say and affirm what the scripture denies Gal 2:16

16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

What is your view today ?

Only those Christ died for, His Elect Sheep John 10:11, 15, are Justified
by His Faith/ Faithfulness/ Obedience in His keeping all the Law in their behalf.

All the rest [goats] will continue to strive in the flesh to work out their own salvation
by their imperfect works of faith / obedience. And so, at the Judgment,
because they were not of His Sheep John 10:14 they will say, and hear Eternal God say:

Mat. 7:21-23 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven;
but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord,
have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name
done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you:
depart from me, ye that work iniquity
Mat. 25:41.

~~~~~

beloved57

nanja

Only those Christ died for, His Elect Sheep John 10:11, 15, are Justified
by His Faith/ Faithfulness/ Obedience in His keeping all the Law in their behalf.

Yes, and that Good Nerws is made known to us in the Gospel of Our Salvation !

beloved57

How does God or Christ draw all to Him ?

Jn 6:44

44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Jn 12:32

32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

Its #1 By the Holy Spirit, and by that I mean a New Birth, the Spirit working inwardly, not externally ! The word draw itself denotes that ! The greek word helkó and means:

I drag, draw, pull, persuade, unsheathe.

properly, induce (draw in), focusing on the attraction-power involved with the drawing.

to draw by inward power, lead, impel:

That inward power is the Holy Spirit, and He works Faith or Persuasion !

And that brings us to #2, The Word of the Gospel ! The Holy Spirit persuades with the Gospel to draw men to Christ, to them the Gospel is being the Power of God Rom 1:16.

Drawing to Christ is when the regenerated soul is being brought to Faith by the Preaching and Calling of the Gospel, and the end result of such is belief/ persuasion of the Truth 2 Thess 2:13-14

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel
, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

So He draws the Elect to Himself by His Spirit and His Word/Gospel !

beloved57

You may be teaching Justification by the Law ! 2

You may be teaching Justification by the Law ! 2

If we are teaching that one is Justified before God because of their faith, their act of believing, something done by them, its no doubt then, they are teaching Justification by the works of the Law, since its plainly intimated by Christ Himself that Faith is one of the more weightier matters of the Law that ought to have been done Matt 23:23

23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Now, with that, we look at what Paul wrote to the Galatians here Galatians about circumcision, another matter of the Law that ought to have been done Gal 5:3-4

3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.

4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

The only difference here is that nowadays people are seeking to be Justified before God by their act of Faith or believing, which is of the Law Matt 23:23 !

So Paul tells us that such people are now a debtor to do the whole Law !

Such thinking is not in agreement with Justification by Grace, and so those who teach it, Justification before God because of ones act of faith or believing or obedience, They are fallen from a profession of Justification by Christ and Grace ! They are in fact promoting a Justification by the Law and are debtor to do the whole Law !

FREEDOOOMMMM

B57 is truly a robot of religion...It looks like you believe in predestination. What makes you think that God didn't say in the millennium before the world was born," I really don't like that guy I think I will torture him for eternity" -God 2x10^100 b.c.

FREEDOOOMMMM

B57 is truly a robot of religion...It looks like you believe in predestination. What makes you think that God didn't say in the millennium before the world was born," I really don't like that guy I think I will torture him for eternity" -God 2x10^100 b.c.

I mean...that's totally what I would've said.

And I was created in His image soooooo.....

bananas == yummy == that's how things went

beloved57

Receive not the Love of the Truth !

Receive not the Love of the Truth !

2 Thess 2:10

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

But why didnt they receive the Love of the Truth that they might be saved ? Because it was not God's will for them to, and that they were merely natural men, never being born again, and never having partaken of the Sanctifying Work of the Spirit which results in belief of the Truth 2 Thess 2:13.

Now as mere natural men in the flesh they cannot receive the things of the Spirit of God 1 Cor 2:14

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

So by leaving man in a state of nature, which is in a experimentally lost state, God's purpose for sending a lost person the Gospel, was that they might be damned/increased damnation, and not saved or converted. God's Purpose of sending the Gospel to the dead is one of condemnation, Paul wrote of the Twofold nature of the Gospel 2 Cor 2:14-16

14 Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

15 For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved[the spiritually alive], and in them that perish[spiritually dead]:

16 To the one we are the savour of death unto death[spiritually dead]; and to the other the savour of life unto life[spiritually alive]. And who is sufficient for these things?

Those who do not receive the Love of the Truth that they might be saved, is because they are perishing , according to the will and purpose of God !

Nanja

If we are teaching that one is Justified before God because of their faith, their act of believing, something done by them, its no doubt then, they are teaching Justification by the works of the Law, since its plainly intimated by Christ Himself that Faith is one of the more weightier matters of the Law that ought to have been done Matt 23:23

Now, with that, we look at what Paul wrote to the Galatians here Galatians about circumcision, another matter of the Law that ought to have been done Gal 5:3-4

3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.

4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

The only difference here is that nowadays people are seeking to be Justified before God by their act of Faith or believing, which is of the Law Matt 23:23 !

So Paul tells us that such people are now a debtor to do the whole Law !

Such thinking is not in agreement with Justification by Grace, and so those who teach it, Justification before God because of ones act of faith or believing or obedience, They are fallen from a profession of Justification by Christ and Grace ! They are in fact promoting a Justification by the Law and are debtor to do the whole Law !

That's a description of every religious institution and church
denomination existing in the world today, also to include the
un-churched who subscribe to the "freewill religion" mindset.

~~~~~

beloved57

He [Jesus] shall save His People from their sins !

He [Jesus] shall save His People from their sins !

Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Who are His People ? Let me start off by saying that His People are not the natural jews, Abraham's physical offspring according to the flesh, simply because they as a people are not the Children of God Rom 9:8

8 That is, They[israel] which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Hence they are eliminated from the equation for being God's People, for Christ's People The Church are the Children of God !

Nanja

Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Who are His People ? Let me start off by saying that His People are not the natural jews, Abraham's physical offspring according to the flesh, simply because they as a people are not the Children of God Rom 9:8

8 That is, They[israel] which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Hence they are eliminated from the equation for being God's People, for Christ's People The Church are the Children of God !

Yes! His People Mat. 1:21, Christ's People, the Children of God, are Spiritual Israel Is. 45:17,
both jew and gentile. According to God, being a jew has nothing to do with race or ethnicity:

Rom. 2:28-29 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision,
which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision
is that of the heart, in the spirit
, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

~~~~~

Last edited:

beloved57

Propitiation for our sins, not only ours but of the whole world !

Propitiation for our sins, not only ours but of the whole world !

1 Jn 2:1-2

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Now I know False teachers appeal to this sacred text to teach a lie, that Christ died for all mankind invidually without exception, However that is not what the text states; and furthermore, it cannot even come close to meaning that, for the simple fact, all for whom Christ died and is the propitiation for, by that He has for them all, satisfied God's Law and Justice, and therefore they cannot be condemned for anything before God.

Now that being True, its impossible for those in Jn 3:18, those already condemned and in unbelief, to be included in Christ's death and propitiation, it does not matter they are being unbelievers, they cannot by no means be condemned.

This is True because being propitiated for equates to being reconciled to God See Heb 2:17 by Christ's death, and that so, they are reconciled to God even while being enemies/unbelievers See Rom 5:10; And so thats proof that being a unbeliever that Christ died for, unbelief / being an enemy does not prevent that one from being reconciled to God, so unbelief is not charged against them !

beloved57

Denying Salvation by Grace !

Denying Salvation by Grace !

How does the proud self righteous religionist reject Salvation/ Justification by Grace ? One of the most predominant ways is their staunch denial of the biblical Gospel Doctrine of Election, meaning the Election of Grace Rom 11:5-7

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

Note in Vs 5-6 that the Election of Grace in Vs 5 and the contrasting of Grace and Works in Vs 6 go hand and hand , you cant divide them, So Salvation by Grace through Faith, Not of Works Eph 2:8-9 and Election of Grace are One and the Same !

Only the Election obtain Salvation Vs 7 as is the case among the Gentiles Paul was called to Preach the Gospel to 2 Tim 2:10

10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

And this Election of Grace without works is unconditional, meaning not based upon any foreseen acts of or by man !

Today's distortion of Salvation by Grace by means of Election of Grace is when the proud will worshiper tells us that God, in Electiong one to Salvation, that He first foresaw that in time those who had been given opportunity to believe in Jesus Christ, and they responded positively by their own freewill and believed on Christ, that at that instant God Elected them to Salvation, based upon what He foresaw ! Now that this is a lie and perversion of the Truth as seen in Rom 9:11

11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth)

Wherein God's Purpose of Election [Rom 11:5-6] the very principle of it, its not based upon anything foreseen by Him, as it pertains to doing good or evil, in fact, the Elective Choice of God is made before the Chosen ones are even born "being not yet born"

This one point alone eliminates the possibility of it being for God's foreseeing that they should believe or not believe, from having anything to do with it His Choice, because He is not looking at them as being already born into time existence, for how can a unborn person act Faith or Unbelief ? How could there have been an opportunity given them to believe or not to believe, while they are not yet born ?

To say therefore that God foresaw how they would respond to the Gospel in time to determine their Election, is a flat out rejection , refusal to accept of Rom 9:11, which equates to Unbelief !

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
I'll pass on being a zombie........

I'll pass on being a zombie........

robot religion is the bane of existence

Well,....'zombies for Jesus' doesn't exactly have too cheery a ring to it :crackup: - if souls are predetermined beyond any choice of their own, to be 'damned' or 'saved' as something God somehow (its a mystery) already ordained or 'effected' at some time in eternity past, it is a somewhat contrived existence, to live only for the sake of this god's glory and self-aggrandizement. This 'theology' however appeals for those who need the eternal 'security' concept for their own souls, since it lets them abandon the concept of 'self-responsibility' and lets 'God' divvy out the rewards and punishments. See how subtle it is.

pj

beloved57

Denying Salvation by Grace ! 2

Denying Salvation by Grace ! 2

Also in addition, this false concept of Election, that God foresees who shall believe on Christ and bases their Election on that, deny's the Grace of Election because it makes an good quality of the sinner, which makes the difference over another sinner in Salvation; For instance :

It makes the sinner elected to be so because he or she was less sinful, or rebellious than another, or less stubborn or obstinate than the other sinners, or positively they were more coopertive with God than the other, hence basing the outcome of their eternal salvation upon themselves and not the Grace of God, but upon what they have done, which flat out denies the concept of Grace Eph 2:9;Rom 9:11;11:6; Titus 3:5

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Like Faith is a work of the Law that ought to have been done Matt 23:23

And so now the sinner has a ground / foundation to boast, which is in total contradiction to Salvation/ Election by Grace Rom 11:5-6; Eph 2:8-9,

This also means the sinner is saved by his own freewill choice, the sinner will always have an occasion to look back in pride, it was not God's Grace towards me that made the big difference between me being saved and lost, one of the Elect, nope, but it was my freewill that made the big difference, and that my friends is boasting, its no way to escape that conclusion, and that Day shall declare it ! Let us ask ourselves an honest question today if we indeed claim Salvation by the Grace of God, what was it that made the difference in me being saved and another not, was it God's Grace in Christ, or my own freewill decision ? For God even now reads our hearts !! If its your own freewill decision, you deny Salvation by Grace, Period !

Nanja

Excellent points made in "Denying Salvation by Grace!" Parts 1 and 2 !

quote #1473 Part 1
And this Election of Grace without works is unconditional, meaning not based upon any foreseen acts of or by man !

Today's distortion of Salvation by Grace by means of Election of Grace is when the proud will worshiper tells us that God, in Electiong one to Salvation, that He first foresaw that in time those who had been given opportunity to believe in Jesus Christ, and they responded positively by their own freewill and believed on Christ, that at that instant God Elected them to Salvation, based upon what He foresaw ! Now that this is a lie and perversion of the Truth as seen in Rom 9:11

11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth)

Wherein God's Purpose of Election [Rom 11:5-6] the very principle of it, its not based upon anything foreseen by Him, as it pertains to doing good or evil, in fact, the Elective Choice of God is made before the Chosen ones are even born "being not yet born"

This one point alone eliminates the possibility of it being for God's foreseeing that they should believe or not believe, from having anything to do with it His Choice, because He is not looking at them as being already born into time existence, for how can a unborn person act Faith or Unbelief ? How could there have been an opportunity given them to believe or not to believe, while they are not yet born ?

To say therefore that God foresaw how they would respond to the Gospel in time to determine their Election, is a flat out rejection , refusal to accept of Rom 9:11, which equates to Unbelief !

Yes it does! The natural man is actually in rebellion against the concept of Salvation by God's Grace alone.
So they must involve at least some responsibility of man somehow; something he would do, or has done.
In this case, how he would respond. And all false religions teach that lie, even very subtly, in some form or another.

quote #1477 Part 2
This also means the sinner is saved by his own freewill choice, the sinner will always have an occasion to look back in pride, it was not God's Grace towards me that made the big difference between me being saved and lost, one of the Elect, nope, but it was my freewill that made the big difference, and that my friends is boasting, its no way to escape that conclusion, and that Day shall declare it ! Let us ask ourselves an honest question today if we indeed claim Salvation by the Grace of God, what was it that made the difference in me being saved and another not, was it God's Grace in Christ, or my own freewill decision ? For God even now reads our hearts !! If its your own freewill decision, you deny Salvation by Grace, Period !

Yes they do deny Salvation by Grace!

It is by God's Grace alone that it's revealed to those of the Election of Grace, through the power of the Gospel;
they will hear that they are one who has been chosen in Christ John 8:47 before the foundation of the world
to have forgiveness of sins: Salvation!

Eph. 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace

2 Tim. 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but
according to his own purpose and grace
, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began.

~~~~~

beloved57

nanja

Excellent points made in "Denying Salvation by Grace!" Parts 1 and 2 !

Thank God you were edified by them !

Yes it does! The natural man is actually in rebellion against the concept of Salvation by God's Grace alone.
So they must involve at least some responsibility of man somehow; something he would do, or has done.
In this case, how he would respond. And all false religions teach that lie, even very subtly, in some form or another.

Thats So True !

It is by God's Grace alone that it's revealed to those of the Election of Grace, through the power of the Gospel;
they will hear that they are one who has been chosen in Christ John 8:47 before the foundation of the world
to have forgiveness of sins: Salvation!

Eph. 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace

2 Tim. 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but
according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began.

~~~~~

Amen !

beloved57

You may be teaching Justification by the Law ! 3

You may be teaching Justification by the Law ! 3

Phil 3:9

9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

I yet find it necessary to caution people who are carelessly making their faith their righteousness before God, many times its because of a wilful faulty interpretation of Rom 4:3,5

3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Now they teach falsely that these scriptures mean that God see's a persons own faith as their righteousness or that God will impute to them righteousness after their and because of their act of believing; But yet if this were true [its not], there is a contradiction, for that would mean that ones own faith is their righteousness in stark contrast with what Paul writes in Phil 3:9

9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

This is because Faith as its performed by man is a work of the Law that ought to be done according to Matt 23:23

Yes, clearly Faith is a weightier matter of the Law that ought to be done ! That word ought is the greek word dei and means:

I.it is necessary, there is need of, it behooves, is right and proper

A.necessity lying in the nature of the case

B.necessity brought on by circumstances or by the conduct of others toward us.

C.necessity in reference to what is required to attain some end

D.a necessity of law and command, of duty, equity

E.necessity established by the counsel and decree of God, especially by that purpose of his which relates to the salvation of men by the intervention of Christ and which is disclosed in the Old Testament prophecies

i.concerning what Christ was destined finally to undergo, his sufferings, death, resurrection, ascension

So now if we understand Rom 4:3,5 to not be referring to ones own act of faith or believing, but to Christ as the object of our faith, and He being our righteousness instead of our faith, thats a who different matter, thats called submitting to the Righteousness of God, something the jews failed miserbly at Rom 10:1-3

Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.

2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.

3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

You see, if we believe our own faith is our righteousness, we do as these ignorant jews did which was going about to establish their own righteousness

We submitt to the Righteousness of God when it is revealed to us by the Gospel to Faith Rom 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein[The Gospel] is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Faith can hardly be ones Righteousness when in fact ones Righteousness by Christ is revealed to them through God given Faith !

Now think on these things, a if God will, He will give you understanding to deliver you from the snare of the devil, otherwise serious shall be the consequnces for believing such a thing, that ones faith is their righteousness or the cause as to why imputed righteousness to you !