Free Will

dodge

All the "kinds" of animals. Remember, Noah brought kinds onto the ark, not individual species.

I have been Goggling " how long were Adam and Eve in the garden"and I truly believe NO one has a clue how long they were in the garden before being driven out. There is NOT any scripture that says anything about how long they were there.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I have been Goggling " how long were Adam and Eve in the garden"and I truly believe NO one has a clue how long they were in the garden before being driven out. There is NOT any scripture that says anything about how long they were there.

Two facts we know. A&E never ate from the Tree of Life and there is no account of them having marital relations until after the fall.

However, you are correct . . it is never wise to form dogma from silence, so it is better we just say we do not know the length of time from creation to the fall.

KingdomRose

I didn't know where else to put this, but in the time of Adam and Eve, when Eve was instructed to eat the Apple, did that mean the devil gave her the free will to do it? Or does it mean he was opening eves awareness to do things she wasn't instructed to do, like disobeying God (much like he did), and in a way exercising her free will?

All in all, who gave us free will, God who created us with that capacity , or the devil who let the early humans understand we had that capacity?

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

God Himself gave us free will, and it was never intended to be something forbidden. God did not want to have under His benevolent rule a planet full of robots. As any creator of something would do, He made sure that the creation would have everything it needed to live in the best possible way, so we can be confident that He had given Adam instructions on how to live, what things to avoid (like stepping off a cliff), and how to develop a relationship with Him that would be something to treasure. They would communicate with each other at the end of the day. Why would God keep something away from Adam that would really be for his good?

Adam and Eve had free will, and God gave them a way of expressing either their resistance of Him or their love for Him by what they would do with His instruction to not touch that one tree. They chose to go for independence from Him, to make their own rules.

Epoisses

EXACTLY what you exposed yourself to be a troll for UN-truth. It is pretty obvious you follow YOU and not God nor scripture.

Just so you know your choices are based on who you believe and follow. Looks like you are following you and we will see how that works out for you in eternity.

You're not a Christian wannabe!! A Christian is a believer and all you can do is choose - LOL

KingdomRose

Two facts we know. A&E never ate from the Tree of Life and there is no account of them having marital relations until after the fall.

However, you are correct . . it is never wise to form dogma from silence, so it is better we just say we do not know the length of time from creation to the fall.

The Scripture says that Adam and Eve were instructed to "fill the earth" before the Fall. Sex had nothing to do with the "forbidden fruit."

dodge

True ,and you made good points.

I have read from those who believe they did not last a week to those that believe it may have been thousands of years before the fall, and NEITHER has any scripture to back up their position.

Same with marital relations as to when scripture is silent.

So in both I don't know !

dodge

You're not a Christian wannabe!! A Christian is a believer and all you can do is choose - LOL

When God called I said yes to His forgiveness and gift in Christ Jesus and I suggest you do the same.

I will pray that God draw you to His Son !

Epoisses

The actions of Adam were out of love for his woman and the firm knowledge, trust, that the Eternal Almighty could put the matter right. He emphasised this by declaring the woman shall be called Eve because she was the mother of all living. This was directly after Adam was told he would return to dust.Gen 3:19,20. It was as if Adam was saying, my Father can do anything!

So are you agreeing with me?!?

Epoisses

Are you really calling into question my faith in God?

If someone has repented of their sins and believed in Christ, they are a Christian. That's what the Bible says.

*For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, *not of works, lest anyone should boast. - Ephesians 2:8-9 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians2:8-9&version=NKJV

Any monkey can come on here and throw bible verses around. The Christian actually believes them.

dodge

Your religion doesn't go any higher than your fading hair line.

Last response I refuse to play your fathers game of destruction. Jesus warned what your father is about, which is only to steal kill and destroy.

You might want to actually read a bible and get out of your own way.

:wave::

Epoisses

The Christian do-gooder with his endless parade of good deeds that he chooses faithfully every time. What a stench to genuine believers who put no confidence in the flesh.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

It's not something you can just Google, as there's no real evidence for it, only circumstancial pieces of a puzzle.

The first is that, as KR implied, Adam and eve did not have sex until after the Fall. Second is that Adam only lived to be 929 years old, which would throw out the "thousands of years" theory.

Third, Eve was created perfect, meaning her menstrual cycle would have started the day she was created, aka Day 6, with no issues at all throughout. Extrapolate that out, and the earliest she could have had conceived would be very early on indeed, less than a month.

Fourth, throughout the Bible, the number 13 has signified rebellion and lawlessness.

Fifth, still pertaining to the number 13, is that it has remained ingrained in humanity's memory that 13 signifies something bad.

There's more to it than that, but it's all I can remember off the top of my head at the moment from the Bible Study.

True ,and you made good points.

I have read from those who believe they did not last a week to those that believe it may have been thousands of years before the fall, and NEITHER has any scripture to back up their position.

Same with marital relations as to when scripture is silent.

So in both I don't know !