Free Will

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Neither have I.

And you claim to be a sentient being? - in that sentience the reality of 'free will' (freedom of choice) is ever operating in your day to day experience, ....but you choose to deny that? Oh, and if you refuse to see all the scriptures (and video presentations here, more are coming) showing clearly the freedom of choice DECREED by God himself, setting before you blessing or cursing, life or death, then you are willfully blind to such.

Nanja

And you claim to be a sentient being?

And you claim to be a sentient being? - in that sentience the reality of 'free will' (freedom of choice) is ever operating in your day to day experience, ....but you choose to deny that? Oh, and if you refuse to see all the scriptures (and video presentations here, more are coming) showing clearly the freedom of choice DECREED by God himself, setting before you blessing or cursing, life or death, then you are willfully blind to such.

Show me a scripture that states emphatically than man has a freewill.

Here's one that states emphatically that God does all things according to His Will:

Dan. 4:35
And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Here's one that states emphatically that God does all things according to His Will:

And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

As far as I'm aware, no one here is disputing the fact that God's will is free.
Once again, you're using a verse that only states that God's will is free, nothing more.

Let me ask you this, Nanja, can God change?

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

RBBI

If the illusion of free will is not in the parameters of our human experience, then why were the 10 words issued, knowing men would have the option to choose or not whether to keep them? And backing up to the beginning, why did He tell Adam and Eve not to eat of the one tree? And why say, choose ye this day whom ye will serve if in every instance He intended for His will to be done? Is G-d a murderer or rapist, yet these things clearly happen and G-d didn't choose them, man did. Blessings....

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned

He can show you urantian quotes that man has free will.

daqq

Those quotes stand alone for Christians but your commentaries are yours since you think you're 99% spiritualy dead or 99% sinner. You think you have some left to be god. You deny total depravity. All you have is luck. Christains don't gamble

Why are you making so many assumptions about me whom you do not know? You are the one who posted your poster child, A. W. Pink, with his words to make your statement concerning what you believe. You do not speak for me any more than you speak for all mankind such as you presume to do in your man made theology. Can you show us all one simple verse that says all mankind is "totally depraved"? Neither is such a statement as that found in the scripture and yet you and yours keep spouting it. Sorry for your own left hand luck but it is your own choice to believe such nonsense. However you can always repent, which means to change your heart and mind; and when your heart turns toward the Father, no doubt Messiah will remove the veil from your heart, mind, and eyes, when you read the primary Covenant, for as Paul says, the veil is only taken away in Messiah, (by way of believing and doing his Testimony). :)

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Why are you making so many assumptions about me whom you do not know? You are the one who posted your poster child, A. W. Pink, with his words to make your statement concerning what you believe. You do not speak for me any more than you speak for all mankind such as you presume to do in your man made theology. Can you show us all one simple verse that says all mankind is "totally depraved"? Neither is such a statement as that found in the scripture and yet you and yours keep spouting it. Sorry for your own left hand luck but it is your own choice to believe such nonsense. However you can always repent, which means to change your heart and mind; and when your heart turns toward the Father, no doubt Messiah will remove the veil from your heart, mind, and eyes, when you read the primary Covenant, for as Paul says, the veil is only taken away in Messiah, (by way of believing and doing his Testimony). :)
Man don't get to tell the Creator what to do cause the Creator made man. Its a one way street.

Maybe if we program robots to think for itself and then see what happens.

You have been watching to many Terminator movies.

daqq

Man don't get to tell the Creator what to do cause the Creator made man. Its a one way street.

So no passages that say man is "totally depraved", huh? Just as we all already knew. Your totally depraved doctrine is a strawman, a false flag, a false beacon set up by sirens to coax your ship onto the rocks so that you may be plundered by pirates, (lol).

Deuteronomy 1:37-39 KJV
37 Also the LORD was angry with me for your sakes, saying, Thou also shalt not go in thither.
38 But Joshua the son of Nun, which standeth before thee, he shall go in thither: encourage him: for he shall cause Israel to inherit it.
39 Moreover your little ones, which ye said should be a prey, and your children,
which in that day had no knowledge between good and evil, they shall go in thither, and unto them will I give it, and they shall possess it.

And now your strawman is burning because the statement, "your children which in that day had no knowledge between good and evil", speaks directly back to the tree of the knowledge of good and evil in the very beginning: and yet these children of Israel had no such knowledge of good and evil because they had not willfully transgressed after the manner of Adam. It does not mean they were perfectly innocent but that they had not willfully and rebelliously transgressed in open rebellion as Adam did in the Genesis narrative. There is therefore a significant difference between a "slip of the foot" type of transgression and open willful rebellion which is witchcraft and leads to "total depravity". Elohim indeed has "concluded all men under sin", as Paul says, but that does not equate to total depravity. "Burn baby, burn, (strawman inferno", lol).

popsthebuilder

Let's hope that doesn't happen anytime soon

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk