Free Will

beloved57

You dont like the answer. God is the initiator. He is the gift giver. But just like you dont force gifts upon others; either does God. No human is better than anyone, but all have unimaginable worth and value as proven at Calvary. Some just in humility take the gift that's offered. Nothing can make anyone better than anyone else. Calvary sets the bar. Humility recognizes the equality of God's creations.
You are proud!

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

beloved57

So its prideful to say it takes one to choose humility to receive God's grace? Which by definition is impossible, but not prideful to say "I am a chosen one, you are not". That is completely illogical.

Yes its prideful, for your boast is that God saw in you a quality worthy of saving you that He didn't see in another sinner that He doesn't save ! That's the epitome of pride and charging God with respect of persons !

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Universal Salvation.............

Universal Salvation.............

Yes its prideful, for your boast is that God saw in you a quality worthy of saving you that He didn't see in another sinner that He doesn't save ! That's the epitome of pride and charging God with respect of persons !

Don't forget here and here :) - just a few more scriptural examples where 'freedom of choice' is.

As to your claim above,....since 'God' is LOVE,....He recognizes the value and potential in ALL souls, naturally, for He created them with that inherent 'value' and 'potential'. Within the providence of that love, he allows each soul the freedom to choose to recognize that value, actualize their potential, determine their own destiny. I don't see anything 'prideful' in that, but humbling one more to love God and worship Him, which means loving all souls and recognizing the value and potential in them as well. God's Love is indivisible....yet one can choose to reject the value therein, and therefore reject life.

beloved57

Don't forget here and here :) - just a few more scriptural examples where 'freedom of choice' is.

As to your claim above,....since 'God' is LOVE,....He recognizes the value and potential in ALL souls, naturally, for He created them with that inherent 'value' and 'potential'. Within the providence of that love, he allows each soul the freedom to choose to recognize that value, actualize their potential, determine their own destiny. I don't see anything 'prideful' in that, but humbling one more to love God and worship Him, which means loving all souls and recognizing the value and potential in them as well. God's Love is indivisible....yet one can choose to reject the value therein, and therefore reject life.
Not one scripture

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
More Scripture for you.............

More Scripture for you.............

Not one scripture

See last posts,....plenty of scripture, with events in those scriptures indicating the Lord allowing people the freedom of choice. The scriptures shared and here previously disproves your dogmatic belief system. But you ask for more 'scripture'? How much more would convince you? There are PLENTY. You have no answer for their testimony against your dogma. What you have failed to do is be intellectually honest with the evidence provided or intelligently engage the points shared and propose a rational/logical debate on those points. The opportunity is yours. This is perhaps one of the greatest passages showing freedom of choice, and its interesting somewhat twisted by Paul, in hs quote of it, since this passage claims that the commands of the Lord are not difficult or obscure, but that they can be followed, and that one can choose to OBEY the Lord. Remember as well, as shared earlier,...there is no such doctrine as 'Original Sin' in Judaism, so the "T" in TULIP goes down the tubes. What is wonderful is the concept of 'Original Blessing' by Matthew Fox (pardon me, just putting in a plug for that great book, promoting Creation Spirituality :thumb: ) - but back to this very clear and important passage -

Restoration Promised

30 “So it shall be when all of these things have come upon you, the blessing and the curse which I have set before you, and you call them to mind in all nations where the Lord your God has banished you, 2 and you return to the Lord your God and obey Him with all your heart and soul according to all that I command you today, you and your sons, 3 then the Lord your God will restore [c]you from captivity, and have compassion on you, and will gather you again from all the peoples where the Lord your God has scattered you. 4 If your outcasts are at the ends of the [d]earth, from there the Lord your God will gather you, and from there He will bring you back. 5 The Lord your God will bring you into the land which your fathers possessed, and you shall possess it; and He will prosper you and multiply you more than your fathers.

6 “Moreover the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, so that you may live. 7 The Lord your God will inflict all these curses on your enemies and on those who hate you, who persecuted you. 8 And you shall again obey the Lord, and observe all His commandments which I command you today. 9 Then the Lord your God will prosper you abundantly in all the work of your hand, in the offspring of your body and in the offspring of your cattle and in the produce of your ground, for the Lord will again rejoice over you for good, just as He rejoiced over your fathers; 10 if you obey the Lord your God to keep His commandments and His statutes which are written in this book of the law, if you turn to the Lord your God with all your heart and soul.

11 “For this commandment which I command you today is not too difficult for you, nor is it out of reach. 12 It is not in heaven, that you should say, ‘Who will go up to heaven for us to get it for us and make us hear it, that we may observe it?’ 13 Nor is it beyond the sea, that you should say, ‘Who will cross the sea for us to get it for us and make us hear it, that we may observe it?’ 14 But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may observe it.

Choose Life

15 “See, I have set before you today life and prosperity, and death and adversity; 16 in that I command you today to love the Lord your God, to walk in His ways and to keep His commandments and His statutes and His judgments, that you may live and multiply, and that the Lord your God may bless you in the land where you are entering to possess it. 17 But if your heart turns away and you will not obey, but are drawn away and worship other gods and serve them, 18 I declare to you today that you shall surely perish. You will not prolong your days in the land where you are crossing the Jordan to enter and possess it. 19 I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants,

-Deuteronomy 30:1-19 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Here, heaven and earth also bear testimony along with Moses, in the power to choose the Lord's way.

beloved57

See last posts,....plenty of scripture, with events in those scriptures indicating the Lord allowing people the freedom of choice. The scriptures shared and here previously disproves your dogmatic belief system. But you ask for more 'scripture'? How much more would convince you? There are PLENTY. You have no answer for their testimony against your dogma. What you have failed to do is be intellectually honest with the evidence provided or intelligently engage the points shared and propose a rational/logical debate on those points. The opportunity is yours. This is perhaps one of the greatest passages showing freedom of choice, and its interesting somewhat twisted by Paul, in hs quote of it, since this passage claims that the commands of the Lord are not difficult or obscure, but that they can be followed, and that one can choose to OBEY the Lord. Remember as well, as shared earlier,...there is no such doctrine as 'Original Sin' in Judaism, so the "T" in TULIP goes down the tubes. What is wonderful is the concept of 'Original Blessing' by Matthew Fox (pardon me, just putting in a plug for that great book, promoting Creation Spirituality :thumb: ) - but back to this very clear and important passage -

Here, heaven and earth also bear testimony along with Moses, in the power to choose the Lord's way.
Where is the scripture?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Lets try this again................

Lets try this again................

Where is the scripture?

Just in case your app is somehow dysfunctional and not showing you our scripture quotes - here you go again without using the quote feature. -

~*~*~

Restoration Promised

30 “So it shall be when all of these things have come upon you, the blessing and the curse which I have set before you, and you call them to mind in all nations where the Lord your God has banished you, 2 and you return to the Lord your God and obey Him with all your heart and soul according to all that I command you today, you and your sons, 3 then the Lord your God will restore you from captivity, and have compassion on you, and will gather you again from all the peoples where the Lord your God has scattered you. 4 If your outcasts are at the ends of the earth, from there the Lord your God will gather you, and from there He will bring you back. 5 The Lord your God will bring you into the land which your fathers possessed, and you shall possess it; and He will prosper you and multiply you more than your fathers.

6 “Moreover the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, so that you may live. 7 The Lord your God will inflict all these curses on your enemies and on those who hate you, who persecuted you. 8 And you shall again obey the Lord, and observe all His commandments which I command you today. 9 Then the Lord your God will prosper you abundantly in all the work of your hand, in the offspring of your body and in the offspring of your cattle and in the produce of your ground, for the Lord will again rejoice over you for good, just as He rejoiced over your fathers; 10 if you obey the Lord your God to keep His commandments and His statutes which are written in this book of the law, if you turn to the Lord your God with all your heart and soul.

11 “For this commandment which I command you today is not too difficult for you, nor is it out of reach. 12 It is not in heaven, that you should say, ‘Who will go up to heaven for us to get it for us and make us hear it, that we may observe it?’ 13 Nor is it beyond the sea, that you should say, ‘Who will cross the sea for us to get it for us and make us hear it, that we may observe it?’ 14 But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may observe it.

Choose Life

15 “See, I have set before you today life and prosperity, and death and adversity; 16 in that I command you today to love the Lord your God, to walk in His ways and to keep His commandments and His statutes and His judgments, that you may live and multiply, and that the Lord your God may bless you in the land where you are entering to possess it. 17 But if your heart turns away and you will not obey, but are drawn away and worship other gods and serve them, 18 I declare to you today that you shall surely perish. You will not prolong your days in the land where you are crossing the Jordan to enter and possess it. 19 I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants,

-Deuteronomy 30:1-19 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

~*~*~

Moses here in speaking for the LORD, reveals the people's power to CHOOSE. This is 'scripture'.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
More scriptures.....................

More scriptures.....................

Where is the scripture that says man has a freewill?

Many scriptures, and the Lord's testimony thru Moses speaks to such, why you deny. To deny the plain teachings of scripture is a pretty serious posture to assume. Here is another, as the people were becoming fearful of the great fire and voice of God on the mountain -

-------------

26 For who is there of all flesh who has heard the voice of the living God speaking from the midst of the fire, as we have, and lived? 27 Go near and hear all that the Lord our God says; then speak to us all that the Lord our God speaks to you, and we will hear and do it.’

- Deut. 5:26-27

------------

Here the people all agree to hear and DO the word of the Lord. They choose to do so.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Lamentations.......

Lamentations.......

~*~*~

In Lamentations 3:38-41, we have an interesting passage acknowledging that all poentials of good or evil are allowed within divine providence, since all actions have their corresponding consequences, so in this greater context of creation, divine providence ultimately governs all means and ends. However,...even while this is so,...man still by his own freedom of choice bears some responsibility for his choices, and can not complain in the end that God has wronged him against his own good or salvation when he had been given the space and time to choose for his own good, since every action produces its own effects. With that in mind, the writer encourages the reader to return to the Lord, lifting one's heart and hands towards heaven.

38 Is it not from the mouth of the Most High
That both good and ill go forth?

39 Why should any living mortal, or any man,
Offer complaint in view of his sins?

40 Let us examine and probe our ways,
And let us return to the Lord.

41 We lift up our heart and hands
Toward God in heaven;

- Lamentations 3:38-41, NASB

Another translation w/commentary:

38.[And] by the command of the Most High, neither good nor evil come.

[And] by the command of the Most High, etc.: And if you attempt to say that this evil did not come to me from His hand, that it is happenstance that it has befallen me, this is not so, for both evil occurrences and good occurrences-who has commanded and they came to pass, unless the Lord ordained? And by His command both evil and good come. But “why should a living man complain? A man for his sins.” Every man should complain about his sins, because they are what bring the evil upon him.

By the command of the Most High, neither good nor evil come: Said Rabbi Johanan: Since the day that the Holy One, blessed be He, said, [Deut. 30:15]: “See, I have set before you today life and good, etc.,” neither evil nor good has come from His command, but the evil comes by itself to the one who commits evil and the good to the one who does good. [Lam. Rabbah].) Therefore, what should a man complain about, if not about his sins?

39. Why should a living man complain? A man for his sins.

40. Let us search and examine our ways, and let us return to the Lord.

41. Let us lift up our hearts to our hands, to God in heaven.

- Complete Jewish Bible with commentary from Rashi

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
MANS WILL(FREE) MAN HAS THE WILL BUT NOT THE WAY

2 Cor 8:12
12 For if there is first a willing mind, it is accepted according to what one has, and not according to what he does not have.
Col 3:5-6
5 Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.
6 Because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience,
Jude 1:19
19 These are sensual persons, who cause divisions, not having the Spirit.
Jude 1:16
16 These are grumblers, complainers, walking according to their own lusts; and they mouth great swelling words, flattering people to gain advantage.
2 Cor 6:12
12 You are not restricted by us, but you are restricted by your own passions
Luke 16:15
15 And He said to them, "You are those who justify yourselves before men, but God knows your hearts. For what is highly esteemed among men is an abomination in the sight of God.
1 Tim 6:4-5
4 he is proud, knowing nothing, but is obsessed with disputes and arguments over words, from which come envy, strife, reviling, evil suspicions,
5 useless wranglings of men of corrupt minds and destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain. From such withdraw yourself.
Rom 8:20
20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope;
Rom 9:16-18
16 So then it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who shows mercy.
17 For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, "For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I may show My power in you, and that My name may be declared in all the earth."
18 Therefore He has mercy on whom He wills, and whom He wills He hardens.
Rom 9:23
23 and that He might make known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy, which He had prepared beforehand for glory,
Rom 11:32-33
32 For God has committed them all to disobedience, that He might have mercy on all.
33 Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!
Heb 10:26
26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
Rom 9:19-21
19 You will say to me then, "Why does He still find fault? For who has resisted His will?"
20 But indeed, O man, who are you to reply against God? Will the thing formed say to him who formed it, "Why have you made me like this?"
21 Does not the potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel for honor and another for dishonor?
Rom 9:33
33 As it is written: "Behold, I lay in Zion a stumbling stone and rock of offense, and whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame."
Heb 10:5-7
5 Therefore, when He came into the world, He said: "Sacrifice and offering You did not desire, but a body You have prepared for Me.
6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin you had no pleasure.
7 Then I said, 'Behold, I have come-- in the volume of the book it is written of Me-- to do Your will, O God.' "
Phil 2:13
13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.
Eph 5:17
17 Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is.
Rom 7:15-21
15 For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do.
16 If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good.
17 But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find.
19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice.
20 Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
21 I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good.
Rom 7:23-25
23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?
25 I thank God-- through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.
John 14:1
1 "Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.
John 14:5-6
5 Thomas said to Him, "Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?"
6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
John 6:29
29 Jesus answered and said to them, "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent."
John 5:23
23 "that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.
Acts 4:12
12 "Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."
I Jn 2:1-2
1 My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.
2 And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.
John 14:16
16 "And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever
John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

XXX We have an inner man, and an outer person. Our inner man is our spirit(mind of our inner man) and soul(body of our inner man). Our spirit makes all the decisions on who and what to believe, our soul is where our affections come from. Our outer person is where our flesh and emotions(unclean spirits) live with our guardian angel, the devil, and if we are blessed the Holy Spirit lives. Our inner man is who is going to be held responsible on judgment day. For who it submitted to. Our will is our desires to do what is right.They get covered up pushed back and blocked by our flesh. Desire is not an absolute. And will is desire. That that I will to do I do not do(Without Gods help) that that I will not to do is what I do (because of emotions, unclean spirits). So you are free to will it, but how to perform it has to come from God. So we have choices and we have free will. What we dont have is ability. We need God for ability. Now the big question is how to get God to help us. Prayer, humility, submission, changing our beliefs. One step or verse at a time.

xxx God didnt give us our emotions, we enherited them from our parents. But they are the reason we dont have ability to do our will. Our will comes from our inner man. Will is to desire . Our inner man desires to please God. But our outer person where our emotions dwell deceive us. And the more we give into our outer person the stronger it gets. Until it controls us.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
MANS WILL(FREE) MAN HAS THE WILL BUT NOT THE WAY

2 Cor 8:12
12 For if there is first a willing mind, it is accepted according to what one has, and not according to what he does not have.
Col 3:5-6
5 Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.
6 Because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience,
Jude 1:19
19 These are sensual persons, who cause divisions, not having the Spirit.
Jude 1:16
16 These are grumblers, complainers, walking according to their own lusts; and they mouth great swelling words, flattering people to gain advantage.
2 Cor 6:12
12 You are not restricted by us, but you are restricted by your own passions
Luke 16:15
15 And He said to them, "You are those who justify yourselves before men, but God knows your hearts. For what is highly esteemed among men is an abomination in the sight of God.
1 Tim 6:4-5
4 he is proud, knowing nothing, but is obsessed with disputes and arguments over words, from which come envy, strife, reviling, evil suspicions,
5 useless wranglings of men of corrupt minds and destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain. From such withdraw yourself.
Rom 8:20
20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope;
Rom 9:16-18
16 So then it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who shows mercy.
17 For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, "For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I may show My power in you, and that My name may be declared in all the earth."
18 Therefore He has mercy on whom He wills, and whom He wills He hardens.
Rom 9:23
23 and that He might make known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy, which He had prepared beforehand for glory,
Rom 11:32-33
32 For God has committed them all to disobedience, that He might have mercy on all.
33 Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!
Heb 10:26
26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
Rom 9:19-21
19 You will say to me then, "Why does He still find fault? For who has resisted His will?"
20 But indeed, O man, who are you to reply against God? Will the thing formed say to him who formed it, "Why have you made me like this?"
21 Does not the potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel for honor and another for dishonor?
Rom 9:33
33 As it is written: "Behold, I lay in Zion a stumbling stone and rock of offense, and whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame."
Heb 10:5-7
5 Therefore, when He came into the world, He said: "Sacrifice and offering You did not desire, but a body You have prepared for Me.
6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin you had no pleasure.
7 Then I said, 'Behold, I have come-- in the volume of the book it is written of Me-- to do Your will, O God.' "
Phil 2:13
13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.
Eph 5:17
17 Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is.
Rom 7:15-21
15 For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do.
16 If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good.
17 But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find.
19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice.
20 Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
21 I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good.
Rom 7:23-25
23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?
25 I thank God-- through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.
John 14:1
1 "Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.
John 14:5-6
5 Thomas said to Him, "Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?"
6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
John 6:29
29 Jesus answered and said to them, "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent."
John 5:23
23 "that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.
Acts 4:12
12 "Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."
I Jn 2:1-2
1 My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.
2 And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.
John 14:16
16 "And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever
John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

XXX We have an inner man, and an outer person. Our inner man is our spirit(mind of our inner man) and soul(body of our inner man). Our spirit makes all the decisions on who and what to believe, our soul is where our affections come from. Our outer person is where our flesh and emotions(unclean spirits) live with our guardian angel, the devil, and if we are blessed the Holy Spirit lives. Our inner man is who is going to be held responsible on judgment day. For who it submitted to. Our will is our desires to do what is right.They get covered up pushed back and blocked by our flesh. Desire is not an absolute. And will is desire. That that I will to do I do not do(Without Gods help) that that I will not to do is what I do (because of emotions, unclean spirits). So you are free to will it, but how to perform it has to come from God. So we have choices and we have free will. What we dont have is ability. We need God for ability. Now the big question is how to get God to help us. Prayer, humility, submission, changing our beliefs. One step or verse at a time.

xxx God didnt give us our emotions, we enherited them from our parents. But they are the reason we dont have ability to do our will. Our will comes from our inner man. Will is to desire . Our inner man desires to please God. But our outer person where our emotions dwell deceive us. And the more we give into our outer person the stronger it gets. Until it controls us.

Spirit and Emotion are close cousins. They are unseen forces that shape EveryThing".

When FreeWill is exercised with a volition towards behaviors that align with the "fruits of the flesh", one's emotions draw that volition towards mortal pursuits and deafens, blinds and binds the persons will to self and hate.

When FreeWill is exercised with a volition towards behaviors that align with the "fruits of the Spirit" one's emotions draw that volition towards Spiritual pursuits and opens, illuminates and frees the persons will to God and Love.

The Holy Spirit can "change" a repentant heart that acknowledges it's perpetual evil as surely as water can carve the Grand Canyon.

The inner man should forever be Christ and the outer man should perpetually be how we understand ourselves. We take our FreeWill and and place our "Faith" in Christ Crucified. Then, our "Hope" is in all of "God's" promises. As we perpetually are aware that our "outer self, old man, tent" is perishing, we lean more and more on the "inner Man". The Holy Spirit literally overhauls our emotions and gradually teaches us to "Love".

There is no greater Freedom than Love. It is the inspiration of genuine self-sacrifice.

But, how can one Love sincerely, if they deny what is genuine to their being? We call out the rotting corpse of a hateful person we are and look to Christ as our example. Though we have faith in the hope of what is to come and remain "Dead" in Christ... our emotions begin to aid us in our journey and they align with the fruits of the Spirit.

Our emotions become an ear to hear and eyes to see, when The Holy Spirit carves us like water carving the Grand Canyon.

But, only the man that perpetually acknowledges his need for Christ and his propensity to Hate and selfishly destroy the world around him will experience this "overhaul".

We are either Free to become slaves to self and lose our "FreeWill" to our Tyrant of self, or we are Free "In" Christ and able to open our eyes to the hurting world around us, thus becoming FreeWill bond servants of Christ, who made us to be vessels of Love, agents of mercy and representatives of Christ's Selfless Love, by wiring all of us to feel the deepest emotional gratification in such a walk that is carved by the FreeWill that perpetually looks away from self and inwards to The Indwelling Holy Spirit that was provided by Christ's Saccrifice.

As the Father sent He and He the Spirit, so the Spirit was spoken of as In Christ and Christ in the Father. This is that, through Love, we might be In Christ that the Holy Spirit is given to us and "in" us. The Holy Spirit is "In" us and we are in the Son, that all might be "in" and according to The Father's will and "In" the Father.

Without emotion, we have "no" Free Will.

# IMO
# Rom. 2:14; Rom. 2:14-16
# 1 Cor. 13:13
# 1 Jn. 4
# Jn. 15

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Spirit and Emotion are close cousins. They are unseen forces that shape EveryThing".

When FreeWill is exercised with a volition towards behaviors that align with the "fruits of the flesh", one's emotions draw that volition towards mortal pursuits and deafens, blinds and binds the persons will to self and hate.

When FreeWill is exercised with a volition towards behaviors that align with the "fruits of the Spirit" one's emotions draw that volition towards Spiritual pursuits and opens, illuminates and frees the persons will to God and Love.

The Holy Spirit can "change" a repentant heart that acknowledges it's perpetual evil as surely as water can carve the Grand Canyon.

The inner man should forever be Christ and the outer man should perpetually be how we understand ourselves. We take our FreeWill and and place our "Faith" in Christ Crucified. Then, our "Hope" is in all of "God's" promises. As we perpetually are aware that our "outer self, old man, tent" is perishing, we lean more and more on the "inner Man". The Holy Spirit literally overhauls our emotions and gradually teaches us to "Love".

There is no greater Freedom than Love. It is the inspiration of genuine self-sacrifice.

But, how can one Love sincerely, if they deny what is genuine to their being? We call out the rotting corpse of a hateful person we are and look to Christ as our example. Though we have faith in the hope of what is to come and remain "Dead" in Christ... our emotions begin to aid us in our journey and they align with the fruits of the Spirit.

Our emotions become an ear to hear and eyes to see, when The Holy Spirit carves us like water carving the Grand Canyon.

But, only the man that perpetually acknowledges his need for Christ and his propensity to Hate and selfishly destroy the world around him will experience this "overhaul".

We are either Free to become slaves to self and lose our "FreeWill" to our Tyrant of self, or we are Free "In" Christ and able to open our eyes to the hurting world around us, thus becoming FreeWill bond servants of Christ, who made us to be vessels of Love, agents of mercy and representatives of Christ's Selfless Love, by wiring all of us to feel the deepest emotional gratification in such a walk that is carved by the FreeWill that perpetually looks away from self and inwards to The Indwelling Holy Spirit that was provided by Christ's Saccrifice.

As the Father sent He and He the Spirit, so the Spirit was spoken of as In Christ and Christ in the Father. This is that, through Love, we might be In Christ that the Holy Spirit is given to us and "in" us. The Holy Spirit is "In" us and we are in the Son, that all might be "in" and according to The Father's will and "In" the Father.

Without emotion, we have "no" Free Will.

# IMO
# Rom. 2:14; Rom. 2:14-16
# 1 Cor. 13:13
# 1 Jn. 4
# Jn. 15

I said
Well most of that I didn't understand, its a little to intellectual for me. But mans will is his desire. And desire comes from the inner man. Our inner man is our spirit and soul. Our emotions are unclean spirits in our outer person deceiving us. And the Holy Spirit leads us into crucifying our outer person and emotions. To find our inner man.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
I said
Well most of that I didn't understand, its a little to intellectual for me. But mans will is his desire. And desire comes from the inner man. Our inner man is our spirit and soul. Our emotions are unclean spirits in our outer person deceiving us. And the Holy Spirit leads us into crucifying our outer person and emotions. To find our inner man.

I believe we were making a similar point with different verbiage and application of concept.

I understand.